Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2011, 21:47   #46
God Member

Re: Teachers' & other public servants' strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Cashman, we(ordinary working people) have been ripped off by Governments, banks, pension administrators and the companies we worked for. But that is history, we have to look where we are now and HOPE this Government can sort it. If it doesn't Heaven help us and our children and their children! No-one should expect(or feel they have a right) to be excluded from the actions needed.
your talking drivel, the people who created this were the bankers ,shareholders,investment firms ,thatchers eighties who promoted the free market without any ground rules they are the ones who should be paying if they never tax dodged done deals with hmrc we wouldnt be in this mess not the civil servants who have paid into the pot .this is theft robert maxwell was getting prosecuted for doing the very same thing before he drowned i just dont get it the civil servants never created the problem they signed a contract and now its getting broke they are just being made scapegoats
Old 29-06-2011, 21:54   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well aware of that, but why do you think the workers should pay? there were massive surpluses in pension funds in the 80s Fact. what happened to those? answer that truthfully n tell me no-one should be excluded.
Because it's the poor damned workers who create the wealth of a country in the first place. And when it all goes wrong it's the poor damned workers who pay the price, like it or not.Whatever their job. An unpalatable fact!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 21:59   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Because it's the poor damned workers who create the wealth of a country in the first place. And when it all goes wrong it's the poor damned workers who pay the price, like it or not.Whatever their job. An unpalatable fact!
yep but why do people like you Gordon (assuming yer not a Lord) say ok we should pay the price? its no wonder we have to.
Old 29-06-2011, 22:01   #49
Senior Member+

Are mp's having to do the same with their pension scheme, retirement ages ,pay rises etc i would bet not
Old 29-06-2011, 22:06   #50
God Member

Quote:
Cashman, we(ordinary working people) have been ripped off by Governments, banks, pension administrators and the companies we worked for. But that is history, we have to look where we are now and HOPE this Government can sort it. If it doesn't Heaven help us and our children and their children! No-one should expect(or feel they have a right) to be excluded from the actions needed.
It's all very well saying no-one should be exluded from what you, this government the press say is needed but how can it be fair to cut corporation taxes for big business while at the same time increase VAT and cut the wages and pensions of working people?.. are teachers or any others in the public sector not workers?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 22:06   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Are mp's having to do the same with their pension scheme, retirement ages ,pay rises etc i would bet not
You would've won your bet, Dave!

MPs want to reform their pensions. Just not yet | Tom Clark | Comment is free | The Guardian
Old 29-06-2011, 22:14   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Thought i might, plus when they have had shortfalls in their scheme they have "borrowed" money from other schemes, in particular the miners pension scheme, because nobody seems to be drawing much from that seeing as most of them are.
Old 29-06-2011, 22:36   #53

After finding out today that I will have to work for 7 yrs longer, pay £40+ per month more into the pension pot but be £50+ k worse off it would be wrong not to strike. Yes things might need to change but dont penalise the people who are already paying into these pension schemes, a fairer option is to make the changes to new starters.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 22:50   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
After finding out today that I will have to work for 7 yrs longer, pay £40+ per month more into the pension pot but be £50+ k worse off it would be wrong not to strike. Yes things might need to change but dont penalise the people who are already paying into these pension schemes, a fairer option is to make the changes to new starters.
Is this a wind up?... I don't believe this strike is just about looking after yerself but also the thought that it could be the thin end of a wedge.. this is a right wing government no matter the mutterings from the Lib-Dems.. and right wing tory governments hate unions.. they will slip wind and turn to confuse the "public" anyway they can... I'd say don't get involved with a strike unless you are thinking of the future of your work mates and those to come.. not just yourself.
Old 29-06-2011, 22:58   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the fair option wallop,is to make those payback the shortfalls, who creamed off the massive surpluses.
Old 29-06-2011, 23:35   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the fair option wallop,is to make those payback the shortfalls, who creamed off the massive surpluses.
The miners were bleed dry by that tory government and the bitch who should not be named.. most of the pension fund was robbed by the tories in an attempt to make good thier pathetic attempt to run any economy..ok it's time to put that all behind but a tory government spells big nasty schite ahead.. strikes..lets hope not as bad as the early 80's..we live in hope .. I think http://www.johnandgarindasdive.com

Last edited by Mancie; 29-06-2011 at 23:38.
Old 29-06-2011, 23:45   #57
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It is quite amusing, Millie Tant and comrades, supporting the poor and downtrodden. Many of whom are on more than a fifty grand a year, plus their golden handcuffed pensions.

I wonder how much support there'll be tomorrow from those in the private sector?

Especially if they haven't had a pay increase for three years, and have only the state pension to look forward to.

'Up the workers.'?

'We're the ones being truly shafted.'?

Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow, to see what they think.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 23:49   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
Didn't they make a film about something like that?

I'm All Right Jack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 06:30   #59
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Here is a link to see which schools are affected today Industrial Action: Thursday 30th June 2011 - Industrial Action
Old 30-06-2011, 08:36   #60

[QUOTE=MancieIs this a wind up?... I don't believe this strike is just about looking after yerself but also the thought that it could be the thin end of a wedge..... I'd say don't get involved with a strike unless you are thinking of the future of your work mates and those to come.. not just yourself.[/QUOTE]

No its not a wind up, I was giving you all an example, I am just 1 in hundreds of thousands that this would affect, a majority of my collegues would be affected a lot worse than I am. So yes damn right im doing this for my workmates, those in the union & those that aren't, as well as myself and im def in it for the long haul.

Last edited by Neil; 30-06-2011 at 15:07. Reason: fix quote
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..