Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 10:32   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Teachers' & other public servants' strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Um didn't hear to many union leaders shouting strike strike strike when Gordon was screwing the private pension schemes, now all the millions of people who's private pensions were rifled are being asked to subsidise pensions for the private sector, through the council tax vat and income tax, so what your saying is stuff the private sector and make sure the public sector are fine at their expense. Times change and things happen so the economic outlook has to change and if one section is targeted doesn't seem fair really if there other isn't
utter nonsense, people were shouting like hell about pensions Long Before Gordon stuck the boot in, but people like you,plus the "Thatcher Children" weren't prepared to listen,as yer probably well aware the bitch made striking virtually impossible,without Postal ballots, what i'm saying quite simply is look at the truth of how this all has come about, summat yer incapable of unless yer remove yer rose tinted.
Old 01-07-2011, 17:30   #107
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
utter nonsense, people were shouting like hell about pensions Long Before Gordon stuck the boot in, but people like you,plus the "Thatcher Children" weren't prepared to listen,as yer probably well aware the bitch made striking virtually impossible,without Postal ballots, what i'm saying quite simply is look at the truth of how this all has come about, summat yer incapable of unless yer remove yer rose tinted.
The friend I am referring to was given a final pension figure she would be receiving in 1996 when she did retire the figure had dropped by £80 a week, nout to do with Thatcher or anybody else but light fingered larry who took over the tenancy of 11 Downing street in 1997 and later swapped to number 10 to complete his eve of destruction
Old 01-07-2011, 18:50   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The friend I am referring to was given a final pension figure she would be receiving in 1996 when she did retire the figure had dropped by £80 a week, nout to do with Thatcher or anybody else but light fingered larry who took over the tenancy of 11 Downing street in 1997 and later swapped to number 10 to complete his eve of destruction
Let's not forget that pensions aren't a secured and guaranteed investment.

The money is used to play the stock market.

Some people would have been better off using their contribution to bet on the horses.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 19:15   #109
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Some people would have been better off using their contribution to bet on the horses.
Tell Mark Serwotka that G. mind you he has £26,000+ a year paid into his poor measly pension fund
Old 01-07-2011, 19:19   #110
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I think you'll find that only applies to the Private sector workers the Public sector get theirs guaranteed by the government.

Subject to negotiation/ blackmail. Still I'm not one to complain.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 19:32   #111
Senior Member+

GUARANTEED by the government thats a good one.
Old 01-07-2011, 21:49   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
wrong the point is, if this sorta thing had been nipped in the bud, when massive pension surpluses were being siphoned off, this could not have arisen later.
Old 02-07-2011, 17:02   #113

I believe civil servants are being asked to contribute 3% of their earnings, which is a far lower percentage than I put into my private pension. I'd like to know what extra percentage we the taxpayer is contributing, especially when the money experts give figures such as: (a) put the same percentage as your age into your pension pot, and another is (b) halve the age at which you start contributing and put that percentage into your fund for the rest of your working life.
Something has to be done, as every time a government announces an annual rise in the amount they are putting into health or education, for instance, none of the extra money goes into equipment but into pensions and salaries.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 18:52   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
I believe civil servants are being asked to contribute 3% of their earnings, which is a far lower percentage than I put into my private pension. I'd like to know what extra percentage we the taxpayer is contributing, especially when the money experts give figures such as: (a) put the same percentage as your age into your pension pot, and another is (b) halve the age at which you start contributing and put that percentage into your fund for the rest of your working life.
Something has to be done, as every time a government announces an annual rise in the amount they are putting into health or education, for instance, none of the extra money goes into equipment but into pensions and salaries.
Well your figures are a little bit off lucky girl but apart from that you hit he nail on the head.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..