Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2006, 19:29   #61
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Tragic House Fire In Accrington

its tragic losing 1 member of your family, but 6!! im lost for words, that poor lad, i could not cope at all with that!
Old 03-11-2006, 22:01   #62
joj
I am Banned

It is so tragic - is there where to send a donation to help this poor poor family i feel it is needed
joj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 23:22   #63

Some of Sayrah and Sophia's friends from school are hoping to arrange some fund-raising activities over the coming weeks. I'll keep you posted.

R.I.P Sayrah, Sophia and family, Adam our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there and remember you have many friends who care about you. Lots of love xx
Old 04-11-2006, 01:11   #64
God Member

While we can all feel remorse and sympathy for the tragic deaths of this poor family please let us not forget the son who has been left behind and how the media are portraying that since the father died this morning that there maybe a likelyhood of murder here .
I am sorry if I sound callous here but if there is any truth in this then a lovely woman and her children have been murdered ,but for whatever reason ,then that cannot ever be justified .There is a child who is left behind who has to try and piece together his life and ask questions . why ,why and why .. Please forgive me if i sound like i am jumping ahead ,but im sure that that all these questions are going to be up for disscussion fairly soon
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:05   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
.. Please forgive me if i sound like i am jumping ahead ,but im sure that that all these questions are going to be up for disscussion fairly soon
sorry but this is not a great topic for discussion (to my mind) . It would be in bad taste to tittle tattle over such a tragic case.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 20:15   #66

I worked with sayrah im some of my classes... She always had a smile and was very hard working. She will be missed so much by me and everybody who knew her. School was diffrent this week - it was misrible, sad and felt like something was missing and it was, one of the kindest and friendliest girl ever.

I send my support for adam.

Rest in peace sayrah, sophia and family
Alec

Last edited by AccyAlec; 04-11-2006 at 20:17.
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 23:10   #67
Resting in Peace

Such sad news... my thoughts are with the young man.... god bless:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:01   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAlec
I worked with sayrah im some of my classes... She always had a smile and was very hard working. She will be missed so much by me and everybody who knew her. School was diffrent this week - it was misrible, sad and felt like something was missing and it was, one of the kindest and friendliest girl ever.

I send my support for adam.

Rest in peace sayrah, sophia and family
Alec
Great post son, im proud of you.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:13   #69
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
There is a lot of speculation about, even that of his personal and marital life are under scrutiny. The son has lost all that is dear to him and now the speculation inuendo and gerneral alleyway gossip has started. Ok questions have to be asked but at leastget the burials over with first.
Here here! i think that the family should grieve privately before any discussions are started. its hard enough at the best of times without the media spotlight & speculation adding to it.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:47   #70
Junior Member+

The first fire crew on the scene was the crew we are due to lose if the Fire Service get thier way. They were there within four minutes despite being retained. The second crew came from Great Harwood, who are also due to lose a crew. This is a tragic incident but I am worried it could happen again if we do in fact lose all this fire cover.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 23:08   #71
Resident Waffler

This is something Greg Pope mentioned recently and I think it's valid to bring up the subject with him and have him bring it up at Westminster. This family could not be saved but how many others will be put at risk by losing these crews?

Sorry for the thread wandering but hopefully it's relevant.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:47   #72
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
This is something Greg Pope mentioned recently and I think it's valid to bring up the subject with him and have him bring it up at Westminster. This family could not be saved but how many others will be put at risk by losing these crews?

Sorry for the thread wandering but hopefully it's relevant.
Willow, was it his Commons debate from the day before the fire? If so I had already put a link on site to it.

Quote:
Less=Fire and Rescue Services: 31 Oct 2006: Westminster Hall debates (TheyWorkForYou.com)

I just thought it might be relevant to read what our M.P. spoke about yesterday.

Such a sad loss for the friends and family under such tragic circumstances.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:57   #73
Resident Waffler

Yes Less that's it.

I emailed Greg earlier and mentioned the involvement in the Tremellen St fire of the crews we are in danger of losing. The fact that lives were not saved on this occasion is no reflection on the crews involved but if we lose them then we also are in danger of losing lives they might have been able to save.

Just my opinion but I felt it was worth sharing.

Old 06-11-2006, 13:54   #74
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Yes Less that's it.

Just my opinion but I felt it was worth sharing.
No, Willow not just your opinion or I wouldn't have referred to it in the first place!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:51   #75
Resident Waffler

I meant the opinion I emailed to Greg Pope - I felt it was worth sharing with him. (see middle paragraph of my previous post)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..