Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 19:26   #76
Resident Waffler

Re: Tragic House Fire In Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine
The first fire crew on the scene was the crew we are due to lose if the Fire Service get thier way. They were there within four minutes despite being retained.
Are you sure of this fact? I raised the point with Greg Pope, as I sincerely hope we don't lose these crws but fear we probably will, and he seems to think that the first crew to arrive was a full time crew and got there in 3 minutes.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-11-2006, 18:39   #77

Quote:
The first fire crew on the scene was the crew we are due to lose if the Fire Service get thier way. They were there within four minutes despite being retained. The second crew came from Great Harwood, who are also due to lose a crew. This is a tragic incident but I am worried it could happen again if we do in fact lose all this fire cover.
Not true, the first two crews in attendance were the wholetime crews from Accrington in three minutes, the retained crews from accrington and harwood were the third and forth crews in attendance, nether the less these engines are under threat and it is up to you the public to write to your MP to voice your concern.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 19:00   #78
Resident Waffler

I emailed Greg Pope (our MP) and had a reply from him in which he said it wasn't the retained crew which is why I queried the post here.

He has recently addressed the problem in the HoC and says it wouldn't be appropriate to use this tragedy to make a further point - which I can understand.

Old 07-11-2006, 21:25   #79
Senior Member+

Shocking news and that poor lad has to realise that his father has died too in hospital
Old 08-11-2006, 10:19   #80
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I emailed Greg Pope (our MP) and had a reply from him in which he said it wasn't the retained crew which is why I queried the post here.

He has recently addressed the problem in the HoC and says it wouldn't be appropriate to use this tragedy to make a further point - which I can understand.
I can also understand that using this tragedy to make a point would not be appropriate but which tragedies should we use???

It is not appropriate to cut life saving services and expect that the remaining services would cope. These are people's lives, our lives..... Are we not worth the best possible services??? I know that the best is not always the biggest but I'm sick and tired of being told that we have to downsize, reorganise, work smarter, work harder and achieve more...

How many more tragedies does there have to be before this government realises that changes to essential services are not always for the best, are not always thoroughly evaluated and are rarely cost effective..

Although it is inappropriate to use tragic incidents to demonstrate a service, sometimes it is very necessary in order to prove a point.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:38   #81
Resident Waffler

Probably the timing would be bad.

He has already raised the issue prevously. I get the impression he's still very much interested in the topic.

Old 08-11-2006, 13:19   #82
Senior Member+

I've just seen the funeral cortege going past mast my house. It was the sadest thing i've ever seen. No photographs though, i felt it would be distasteful & disrespectful.

R.I.P

The Riaz family

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 13:45   #83
God Member

R.I. P to this poor family.

I saw it on the news. Very sad.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 14:45   #84
I am Banned

It caneze Riaz's [sp?] funeral along with her daughters today, a few from the Hyndburn resource centre & colleagues were attending today very sombre mood down at the centre. Mr Riaz's body has been flown back to Pakistan so i beleive.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 14:47   #85
Senior Member+

Ive just seen a clip on the news. Very, very sad day indeed. My thoughts to the surviving son.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 13:11   #86

I went to the funeral yesterday, at the mosque and the cemetery. Very sad seeing the five coffins next to each other. It was nice to see people attend from all backgrounds and thankfull to the police for their efforts.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 13:27   #87
Resident Waffler

I wish I could find the right words to say. I just feel so for Adam with all he has gone through. He looked so frail. Such a very, very sad time for all who knew them and the remaining family.

Old 09-11-2006, 13:36   #88
God Member

I watched him reading a statement last night on the news, I felt sooo bloody sorry for that poor lad. I did notice though that the man next to him must have been his mothers brother, because he was spitting image of Caneze..

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 15:46   #89

In Loving Memory of
Sayrah and Sophia Riaz,
their Mother Caneze
and their sisters Alisha and Hannah

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane.
I would walk right up to heaven,
To bring you home again.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say good-bye.
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knows why.

Unknown Author

Sura (chapter) 2:82:"But those who have faith and work righteousness, they are companions of the
Garden: Therein shall they abide (For ever)."

To Adam
You are in our thoughts, our hearts and prayers.
No words can express our sorrow.
Always know that you have friends who care
Whilst your family are watching over you.
Old 09-11-2006, 16:11   #90
Senior Member+

Thats a lovely post Casper.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..