Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2009, 14:09   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: UFOS over Preston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I knew you would see the light eventually.
No he's just seen your posts Mr D
Old 17-10-2009, 15:39   #62
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I knew you would see the light eventually.
Ignore the evidence why don't you? Oh, I see you did, T' being a higher life form, (though we don't really know where from), has spoken, I for one would rather follow his guide than you and your stupid theories.

O.K. Tealeaf, I've said enough to make it you're round next time we meet.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 14:16   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ignore the evidence why don't you? Oh, I see you did, T' being a higher life form, (though we don't really know where from), has spoken, I for one would rather follow his guide than you and your stupid theories.
Evidence?

I have never asked anyone to follow me, All I ask is people make there own mind up and not be a sheep.
Old 18-10-2009, 14:53   #64
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Evidence?

I have never asked anyone to follow me, All I ask is people make there own mind up and not be a sheep.
O.K. so you don't want followers and yet anyone the doesn't believe your version of the truth is labelled a sheep in your mind, if they dare to dismiss your ideas, could it not be that I and many like me, that do not agree with you are also refusing to act like sheep?

Perhaps, we have given your ideas lots of thought long ago and not just dismissed them out of hand?
We may have come to the conclusion that such prattlings aren't worth giving any credence to?
I have no problem with you having these views so long as if there are any sheep on here they don't have to fooled into believing all the ravings from you and your ilk.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 16:16   #65
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps, we have given your ideas lots of thought long ago and not just dismissed them out of hand?
We may have come to the conclusion that such prattlings aren't worth giving any credence to?

Maybe YOU have concluded that -as is your right
...but your very use of the word 'prattlings' is your attempt to influence others to reach the same conclusions you have.
Such denigration of the opinions of others is adversarial and leads to the mud slinging contests that have caused some to cease using this forum.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 17:38   #66
JFT96

Yes, but he does have a point.
Just because I disagree with your outlook and have provided evidence against theory's
on here, I have been dismissed, ignored and considered as sheep.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 17:49   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Yes, but he does have a point.
Just because I disagree with your outlook and have provided evidence against theory's
on here, I have been dismissed, ignored and considered as sheep.
I have never described you so.
Your opinion is a valuable as anyones,
and you never belittle others when expressing it
I dismiss the opinions of those that do.
Civilised debate is what we are here for.
Anyone's viewpoint is influenced by their experience.

Old 18-10-2009, 18:05   #68
JFT96

No you haven't Margaret, fair point.
Sorry if I inferred anything.

Now back to the discussion!!!!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 22:55   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
O.K. so you don't want followers and yet anyone the doesn't believe your version of the truth is labelled a sheep in your mind, if they dare to dismiss your ideas, could it not be that I and many like me, that do not agree with you are also refusing to act like sheep?

I have no problem with you having these views so long as if there are any sheep on here they don't have to fooled into believing all the ravings from you and your ilk.
Why would I want followers? my version of the truth? if you read my posts I only show what information is out there, and always say people should make up there own mind.

Many people dismiss what I like to discuss that is there right, I welcome constructive debate and a bit of fun, its what its all about (Notice the after the sentance in my prevous post).
Old 19-10-2009, 09:35   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Why would I want followers? my version of the truth? if you read my posts I only show what information is out there, and always say people should make up there own mind.

Many people dismiss what I like to discuss that is there right, I welcome constructive debate and a bit of fun, its what its all about (Notice the after the sentance in my prevous post).
The informations out there, put there by scare mongers like yourself Mr D
Old 19-10-2009, 10:27   #71
God Member

I don't find UFO info on the web to be doom filled or scary.
A person's perception is influenced by mainstream media who programme the public mind to regard this news as a threat.
When you read more about it, you get a more balanced view.
ETs are 'goodies' and 'baddies' just as we are
......and the good news is
there are more goodies than baddies

Jaysay - you will find it tame compared to King and Koontz

Last edited by MargaretR; 19-10-2009 at 10:31.
Old 19-10-2009, 10:41   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Civilised debate is what we are here for.
Anyone's viewpoint is influenced by their experience.
Indeed we are. So why ruin it by posting all this codswallop about UFO's on here? There are more than enough websites catering just for the cranks, the crazies and the conspiracy theories so please, please, please take this infantile vacuity somewhere else.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 10:45   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Indeed we are. So why ruin it by posting all this codswallop about UFO's on here? There are more than enough websites catering just for the cranks, the crazies and the conspiracy theories so please, please, please take this infantile vacuity somewhere else.
It happens to be NEWS

Old 19-10-2009, 11:21   #74
God Member

How can you be so absolutely certain that aliens don't exist?

I'm still open minded enough to accept that there is a possibility that we might not be alone, that doesn't mean I believe that they do, just that it's a possibility. I would love to have proof that aliens exist, it'd be cool.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 11:54   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
How can you be so absolutely certain that aliens don't exist?

I'm still open minded enough to accept that there is a possibility that we might not be alone, that doesn't mean I believe that they do, just that it's a possibility. I would love to have proof that aliens exist, it'd be cool.
Many years ago, lots of people in this country and elsewhere in Western civilisation believed in the existance of unicorns, griffins, dragons, mermaids, firedrakes, hydras and a whole plethora of exotic and wonderful beasts. Despite centuries of the best efforts of science, no evidence of their ever or current presence on this planet has been found. I doubt that even the likes of Margaret or Mr D would now believe in such creatures, although had they been around a millenia ago they would probably have been in Accy town centre every sunday morning making speeches on such supposed entelechy.
The simple point is that, like the strange creatures of the past, there is no verifiable scientific evidence of of 'saucers' and little green men and so the only logical conclusion is that they do not exist.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..