Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2009, 15:31   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: UFOS over Preston

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Just because it doesn't fit one mod's version of the truth, there is no reason for it to get moved to Anything Goes.
I'll bet you it isn't just one mod' but without the proof, (such as with who's fault it is someone isn't posting), I would only be spreading a conspiracy, (or perhaps even a lie?).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2009, 15:36   #92
God Member

I suspect that ROY is delighted that something other than 'what kitty had for dinner' is generating so many posts and visits to his forum

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 15:46   #93
God Member

Quote:
I suspect that ROY is delighted that something other than 'what kitty had for dinner' is generating so many posts and visits to his forum
If you got 100 of your friends from your conspiracy forums to come here and start posting then yes I'm sure there'd be a load of posts and views. They're not the sort of posts we'd want here though.

Again, why don't you share a link to your conspiracy forums and let us go there if we're interested in the fairy tales?
Old 19-10-2009, 15:50   #94

Quote:
Nope not vulnerable there, 2/10 for trying, I throw the cat in as an aside, if you've been on here long enough, you'll also remember I and others used to spend most of our time in anything goes making up little humorous? stories, but we don't have time for that, a new generation of nutters are trying to seize control and can't help but go in there and ruin it for those that used to enjoy. Oh, if only we could get back to those Halcyon days!

Old 19-10-2009, 17:00   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
There's two things going on here. There are people expressing whether there is a possibility of alien life existing somewhere. Then there are the conspiracy theorists who believe we're already living among them, or that they've at least landed and there's a massive coverup by the US government that will come out by year end. Can we not keep the latter to David Icke style websites? David Icke is of course the guy that was a professional footballer but then switched to conspiracy theories about how the world is lead by an elite whom are actually reptilian not human. Queen Elizabeth II is even a reptile, he alleges. Comeon, can we not keep the conspiracies there? It wouldn't surprise me if Margaret etc were registered on those sites anyway.
Just one thing going on, people are expressing their opinion.

Quote:
I don't think the latter conspiracy theorists are interesting no. I think they should go back to posting on the far out conspiracy theory websites where everyone there can indulge their fairy tales.
Some people do find the posts on here intersting and enjoyable. I mean look at the view count and post count on the threds.

Quote:
Seriously.. Why do you have to post it all here? Can't you just have a far out website linked in your signature and then we can go there if we're really that interested in fairy tales?
Let see, being a member of a forum means posting various stuff? (as I do) as you have quoted your self in the past if everything was the same it would be boring.

Post it all here, give over.

Quote:
If you got 100 of your friends from your conspiracy forums to come here and start posting then yes I'm sure there'd be a load of posts and views. They're not the sort of posts we'd want here though.

Again, why don't you share a link to your conspiracy forums and let us go there if we're interested in the fairy tales?
Again same could be said about the political threds.

I dont see what a few members problem is, Its not like the forum is bombarded with new posts stating conspiracy theries, I mean im all up for a bit of banter and never take anything to serious in the replys I get and love a debate and a bit of fishing.
Old 19-10-2009, 19:10   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ah so you've moved the date from November the first? Or as your mate say's according to the Mayan calender the 6th?

I don't remember you mentioning there will be a delay? What's happened? Wrong reality, or wrong stimulants?

As has already been mentioned we haven't quite, explored our planet, however, I think I'll go along with Patrick Moore he is more believable than most.

O.K. I've taken it from wiki, Patrick Moore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
but even they print the 'real' truth sometimes!
Have to agree that we haven't come close to exploring this planet ... and I don't mean that in the sense that we have yet to capture the Loch Ness Monster, the Yeti, the Sasquatch and even the Okopogo.

Also, there is a helluva lot of difference between being "believable" and "telling the truth." Seems to me that a lot of you guys over there believed Tony Blair before the invasion of Iraq, but how many now will state that this "believable" politician was telling the truth?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 21:38   #97
Junior Member+

is this a spaceship on the coppice!
TAY70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 21:51   #98
God Member

Quote:

What's this "we" crap? You becoming so arrogant that you presume to speak for others? Or, perhaps, it's the Royal "we"
Old 23-10-2009, 00:40   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What's this "we" crap? You becoming so arrogant that you presume to speak for others? Or, perhaps, it's the Royal "we"
It's perfectly legitimate English to use the term we, when you know that there are more than just you, with a similar point of view.

Just as the conspiracy people, (notice a plural), can use it if they wish to.

No arrogance about using the correct format he is not presuming he is speaking for himself and others, but he did it without breaking the forum rules and swearing which seems to be your standard of English.
Old 23-10-2009, 01:42   #100
God Member

Quote:
It's perfectly legitimate English to use the term we, when you know that there are more than just you, with a similar point of view.

Just as the conspiracy people, (notice a plural), can use it if they wish to.

No arrogance about using the correct format he is not presuming he is speaking for himself and others, but he did it without breaking the forum rules and swearing which seems to be your standard of English.
"We", as he uses it, is arrogant assumption; and its implications of some sort of elitism, or, at least, superiority, is obvious.

I think I share my standard of English with Chaucer.
Old 23-10-2009, 01:56   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
"We", as he uses it, is arrogant assumption; and its implications of some sort of elitism, or, at least, superiority, is obvious.
Only if you wish it to be, I know I was inclusive in the 'we', and so are many others on this site, we, (notice that word again), do talk to each other using the P.M. system so I know he's not being arrogant he is stating what a few people have agreed with.

I suppose now the conspirators will be getting together, on the same P.M. system and will then claim the old chestnut that the 'clique' of accyweb is against them.

But do WE care? Not really.
Old 23-10-2009, 02:32   #102
God Member

Quote:
Only if you wish it to be, I know I was inclusive in the 'we', and so are many others on this site, we, (notice that word again), do talk to each other using the P.M. system so I know he's not being arrogant he is stating what a few people have agreed with.

I suppose now the conspirators will be getting together, on the same P.M. system and will then claim the old chestnut that the 'clique' of accyweb is against them.

The Conspiracy vs the Clique, sounds like an American football game, or MLS soccer .... but for the next 30 min., I'm watching Mythbusters; so, any care that I may or may not have is on hold.
Old 23-10-2009, 12:28   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:

So what you are saying is that you have a group of people who P.M each other, then it is decided that a MOD should come and air the views of the discussion?

Then use his powers to determain that any threds the group decide are unsutable for accrington web are moved or request that simmalar types of threds are no longer posted.

But then again do WE care? Not really.

And to keep it on topic.
Old 13-07-2010, 11:36   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
And its got nothing to do with BAe systems having a factory at Warton and another at Samlesbury
Mick could have been right - look at this -
FOXNews.com - First Unmanned Stealth Fighter Unveiled

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 12:36   #105
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Mick could have been right - look at this -
FOXNews.com - First Unmanned Stealth Fighter Unveiled
Interesting article, although the angles of the concept pictures are designed to make it appear as UFO-like as possible to big it up.

All these reports seem to forget what UFO actually stands for, so all these mystified citizens are actually being 100% accurate in naming them as such.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..