Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 12:21   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: UK Airports at high alert

its about time people like this if convicted BEYOND reasonable doubt were instantly topped, sod the human rights brigade,sod the P.C. brigade, sod wether or not it make them martyers, at least if they are out of the game they cannot convert any ****** in prison who is due for release. therefore pushing more murdering scum back into society. and as for any passengers whinging about delays- sod them as well.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:25   #17
God Member

here here cashy

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:26   #18

Stand by for the civil and human rights brigade surfacing, and telling us, the victims, that what these terrorists were only expressing their point of view.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:28   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.
Stand by for the civil and human rights brigade surfacing, and telling us, the victims, that what these terrorists were only expressing their point of view.
Wonder if that lot will be on a plane soon.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:34   #20
Beacon of light

They wouldn't be martyrs if they buriied them in a mass grave ang filled it with pig entrails......but then that isn't PC is it? (Is killing innocent people PC? - the way our government act at times you'd think it was)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:42   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
They wouldn't be martyrs if they buriied them in a mass grave ang filled it with pig entrails......but then that isn't PC is it? (Is killing innocent people PC? - the way our government act at times you'd think it was)
Screw PC what you propose is too good for them! Fireworks on and in sensitive places would be better.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:50   #22
God Member

Some of you may recall a thread on here about a month ago which detailed lottery grant spending in Hyndburn; some of you may also recall the background of the 7/7 bombers from last year. Just as a reminder, at least two of those bombers had attended Madrasa schools in Pakistan, which teach an extreme version of the Koran and nowt else, and from which the July bombers got the theological justification for their acts. What then, has the former got to do with the latter?

Well, no one else appeared to spot it, but here is a paste from the list of lottery grant recipients:

Lords House Farm Special Needs Centre 1998-03-26 184792
Lords House Farm Special Needs Centre 2006-05-05 5000
Madrasa Saut-Ul-Quraan 2003-05-22 5000
Madrasa Saut-Ul-Quraan 2004-08-24 5000
Milnshaw Residents Association 2000-08-10 3462
Mount Carmel RC High School 2003-05-22 2940

Irrespective of whether such an organisation fulfills the lottery criteria of being open to all sections of society (women, gays, etc) , the question is what the hell is the lottery doing funding at worse a terrorist organisation and at best, one that is ambivalent and justifing of the acts which have been stopped today? No doubt we shall find that a number of those currently in custody have attended such an establishment.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:55   #23
God Member

Food for thought considering what has happend;

REUTERS EXCERPT

Independent terrorism expert Paul Beaver said hand luggage was a weak spot in airport security. "Hold baggage and cargo can be sniffed for explosives. You can't do that for hand luggage at the moment. The technology is there, but it's time consuming and expensive."

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 12:56   #24
I am Banned

in the spirit of the title of this thread i would like to contribute somthing ..

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 13:01   #25
God Member

Minister arrived on the camel terrorist in the merc is it?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 13:04   #26
Resting in Peace

I like that chav1 I know this is a serious thread and i have been comming back to it at each post but chav really your post made me laugh sorry folks

Last edited by Mick; 10-08-2006 at 13:17.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 13:06   #27
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: UK Airports at high alert

We are all taking for granted that the security services were telling the whole truth. Remember a while back when Heathrow was surrounded by heavy armour, no less, because of a ‘security alert’. Just exactly how many ‘terrorists’ were brought to book then? Where were the rocket launchers that were supposed to bring down a plane as it landed or took off?

Then there was the intense search of that house for a chemical bomb that wasn’t there.

By a strange coincidence it was only the other day that the introduction of ID cards was back on the agenda. Then yesterday some Minister was pointing out that we the general public would have to accept a reduction in personal freedom and liberties as part of the battle against terrorism. And now we have this major alert because the security services stated that there MIGHT be bombs in hand luggage on up to 10 planes leaving for the USA.

To counter this threat the authorities decreed that only certain items contained in a clear plastic bag (supplied by the airport) would be allowed as ‘hand luggage’ with the remainder going into the hold with the main baggage. Strange how the airport just happened to have clear plastic bags to hand for this purpose. Or was it strange? Just how many bomb making bits of equipment have been found? No one is saying. Is that because nothing has been found?

If the security lot were so certain that an attack was imminent they must have had reasonable proof or at least a strong suspicion. Don’t forget that it is the top person who gives the order to react and how and that person is singing from the same hymn sheet as TB and his cronies. If they had reasonable proof then a court case should be in the wind, with convictions to follow. With a reported 21 people in custody helping the police with their enquiries I await the outcome with interest but I won’t be holding my breath.

However I am certain that the security got wind of something and over reacted to make a point to the public that they are on the ball just to try and convince the doubting Thomases. Such a reaction would also reinforce the need for ID cards and/or further controls of the public’s liberties. A bit like that house without a chemical bomb. I mean 250 men to raid a small house? Really!

I have no doubt that there are terrorist cells in operation in this country but this government has its own agenda to gain more and more control over Joe Public and is using such incidents to frighten us into get its own way.

If the terrorist leaders had more than half a brain cell between them, and I’m sure that they are a darned sight cleverer than most of us, they would know that by committing an explosive atrocity would only get the people’s backs up and a resolve not to give in. However false alarms with an occasional real event would keep the security services stretched beyond breaking point and frighten the hell out of the public. Even farmer Giles up in the hills.

Once an explosion has occurred it is done and dusted and can do no more harm. A false alarm disrupts normal life for far more people and for longer. We found out during WWII when some bombs did not explode on contact. We and the Germans later realised that the advantages of dropping dummy bombs was such that a good percentage of the ordinance dropped on each other’s cities were dummies.
Old 10-08-2006, 13:16   #28
God Member

So are we creaping towards an Orwellian senario here?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 13:16   #29

This sort of thing plays right into the hands of extreme views - I'll bet this weekend there are binge drinkin louts who will start on some asian guy and a riot will occur in some part of the country - just watch

Cos of the bad feelin with holidays and travel disrupted and the massive scale of what they were planning there'll be some idiots spoilin for a fight
mickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 13:24   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree with most of the sentiments jambutty, but i think your wrong in thinking that all are taking for granted the security services are telling the truth, hence why i put BEYOND in capitals, don,t think for a minute that most take it as gospel, i think people are a bit wiser than that nowadays. i certainly would hope so.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..