Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2013, 10:17   #151
God Member

Re: Ukip

well i used to vote labour no questions asked until graham jones took over from gregg pope but despite my reservations i voted for him .One of the big factors in me voting for him was him saying he would support a referendum on the EU.

well we all know how that worked out so now im with UKIP until a new labour candidate is put forward for hyndburn because this current one is duff

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2013, 12:38   #152

I'm ex-Labour (like Labour is!).
accyman likes this.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 15:43   #153
God Member

If there ever was a time to leave the EU it is now - sharpish !

Ministers want to ?transform EU into federal state? | StratRisks

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 16:23   #154

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Not according to our beloved MP on twitter a few hours ago...

'Problem with Cameron's EU opt out menu is it will target working people's pay & conditions, food safety, the environment & b soft on crime.'

Notice how he throws out the usual Labour party line scaremongering without offering a shred of evidence to back it up. Let me help him with some evidence...

a) Working peoples pay and conditions.....Yep, they'll improve because we will no longer have to provide employment to the great influx of EU cheap labour which drives down pay and conditions for everyone.

b) Food safety...yep, they'll be able to make Dundee cake in Eccles and Eccles cake in Dundee with impunity, and if we need the EU to ensure our food safety, why do we have a Food Standards Agency?

c) The environment..hmmm, are you saying that our own government cannot be entrusted to maintain our environment, what are we paying you people for?

d) Soft on crime.....you mean like the poorly worded Human Rights Act that is so open to abuse, or the European Court of Justice that stops our own government from deporting known terrorists?

The problem isn't Cameron's opt out menu..it's MP's who refuse to listen to their constituents and blindly follow their plastic schoolboy leader to political suicide like lemmings off a cliff face.
cashman, Barrie Yates and claytonx like this.
Old 13-05-2013, 16:26   #155
God Member

out of curiosity does anyone have a rough idea how much money we have sent to bail out various countries like ireland and greece.

been in the EU seems to mean look after everybody esle but our own and screw your own to look after others

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 13-05-2013, 17:02   #156

Seems like Obama thinks we should knuckle under to the EU - we'd better just do it then?
Old 13-05-2013, 17:25   #157
Resting in Peace

Cameron has stated speaking in the US that the majority of British people don't want to leave the EU, yes they do dickhead, why wait until 2017 to give the people a say, it doesn't matter how much the EU is reformed it still won't cut the mustard with me, Cameron wants to pull his head out of his arse and listen to the people now not wait another 4 years to get the same answer he'd get now, GET OUT NOW
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 17:42   #158

I thought exactly the same when i heard him John. Think he needs to ask a differant set of people to do his checking for him, or maybe just open his eyes and ears.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 17:50   #159
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I thought exactly the same when i heard him John. Think he needs to ask a differant set of people to do his checking for him, or maybe just open his eyes and ears.
He's a politician Alan the only time they pretend to listen is around 5 weeks before an election, and I mean that at all levels, they're now scratching their collective heads wondering WHY the number of people bothering to vote is dwindling and I think the old saying is spot on if voting changed anything they'd abolish it. If I hadn't a PV I wouldn't go to the polls, even so at the last general election I submitted a vote paper which I'd spoiled, there just wasn't a candidate worth voting for
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:10   #160

I see the G8 are going to discuss a "USA / EU trade & investment pact". I thought you needed money in order to invest? If so then they are going to have to invite China to join.
Old 13-05-2013, 18:54   #161

They'll just print some for themselves.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 22:12   #162
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

Ministers want to ?transform EU into federal state? | StratRisks
just a little quote from that story

Quote:
According to Die Presse, the system would create democracy in the EU.
so we dont have democracey at the moment?

also they wantto model this super EU on teh american syystem ...

well we have all seen how well america is doing havnt we lmao

Old 14-05-2013, 09:02   #163
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just a little quote from that story

so we dont have democracey at the moment?

also they wantto model this super EU on teh american syystem ...

well we have all seen how well america is doing havnt we lmao
Well its democracy at the moment franco/german styleand the economy in the states is doing a site better than here

Mind you the Tory's are bringing out a bill today stating that there will be an in out vote in 2017 who ever is in power, which has as much chance of being passed as I have of running the London Marathon next year, but lets say it did become law will it state that if its an OUT vote whether it will be implemented
Old 14-05-2013, 17:18   #164
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well its democracy at the moment franco/german styleand the economy in the states is doing a site better than here
Is that General Franco or the Froggy style?
Of course you could have said Hitlerian/Napoleonic styles and been even more accurate as they have both tried to rule Europe, including UK, in their respective timescales.
Less likes this.
Old 14-05-2013, 17:41   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Is that General Franco or the Froggy style?
Of course you could have said Hitlerian/Napoleonic styles and been even more accurate as they have both tried to rule Europe, including UK, in their respective timescales.
This lot are definitely descendants Napoleon, my Father said before he died that we are now handing Britain on a plate to the Germans, something we fought two world wars to stop, don't think the old man was too far from the target really

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..