Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2006, 00:05   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Unsafe Streets.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
Sorry, Rindy, something I knew nothing about. Totally disgusting I agree, but it's still not the place on this thread.

Definetly last post June.

Sorry and I agree, it was just his comments in this particular thread that infuriated me after his absence for so long.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2006, 08:37   #32

Going back to the original beginings of this thread I hope my now 8 year old grows up to be like ploppy cfr and others like them! You ladies and gentlemen are a credit to your parents and society.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 09:24   #33
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I thought using someone elses log in was a breech of the rules. I am sure some Mod will be along soon to sort it out. We might even get this decent thread tidyed up as well.
Old 22-07-2006, 21:28   #34
Beacon of light

It IS a good thread, and I am very impressed by the young people who are airing their views on here....yes, you should be proud of yourselves.
As for boredom, lack of money etc as excuses for these hooligans....well, it doesn't wash. If young people want to go out and find something of social value to occupy themselves with, then they can. If they want to be seen by their peer group as 'street wise' or whatever the current phrase is, then they will hang about on street corners...swearing, drinking and generally making a nuisance of themselves. Much of the disrespectful behaviour comes from upbringing (or maybe, lack of it) and the fact that there is no local bobby with powers to stop these shenanigans.

I grew up in the 50's and there was no money, no TV, we weren't bored.There were church dances, boy scouts, girl guides. Occaisionally we would rustle up the money to go to the pictures or to the swimming baths..........we didn't get into the trouble that some of the kids today do....and they are only KIDS.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 02:48   #35
Senior Member+

now now

as the govt says - even hoodies need love...

lets just give them a hug
Old 23-07-2006, 08:49   #36
mez
God Member

i do agree with you margaret, ive had trouble with young vodka drinking hooligans before today & i have to say none of them were local but they got moved on every friday & saturday it was disgusting & disheartening to see 11yr old ---14yrolds getting drunk & disgracing themselves.
Old 23-07-2006, 13:19   #37
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
now now

as the govt says - even hoodies need love...

lets just give them a hug
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it David Cameron in touchy-feely mode that suggested that they were deprived of love?

What they are really deprived of is a sense of self worth and self respect.
They want others to respect them, but they have no respect for themselves....or for anyone else for that matter.
Old 23-07-2006, 14:28   #38

Hug Hoodie's?
I wouldn't go near them if they paid me to.
Deprived of love? David Cameron needs to wake up....I agree with Margaret
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 15:03   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie J
Going back to the original beginings of this thread I hope my now 8 year old grows up to be like ploppy cfr and others like them! You ladies and gentlemen are a credit to your parents and society.
debbie you will probably find she will as you CARE which you will find has an anormous effect on a childs upbring as well as discipline. positive discipline that is not the the negative sort which is often demonstrated in the town. children need boundaries and respect which you will probably find all the youngest on this thread will have had. i 'm not judging any of the parents of these so called hooligan cause as we all know positive parenting is not easy.
jinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 19:56   #40
Senior Member+

Sorry to upset the proverbial apple cart but this is all to do with parenting;or lack of it.If you know where your kids are and what they are doing half of these problems wouldn't arise. I am from a family of 3 kids and none of us were ever in trouble with the Police or have been since;it's all about the way you are brought up and your respect for others;something which is sadly lacking in a lot of our youngsters now. You get what you put in as a parent;obviously those kids who are now running wild have a role model somewhere to blame;be it a school friend or a parent who doesn't give a monkey's what their "little darling " is up to.
Old 23-07-2006, 20:06   #41
Beacon of light

Hooray for Lindsay......We are getting too PC to be able to say these things.

My parents taught us respect....respect your elders they have lived longer and have forgotten more than you'll ever know.......respect yourself, remember your body has to last a lifetime.....don't put bad stuff into it or do bad stuff to it.
Respect property - yours and other peoples, they paid hard earned cash to get what they have.
And if you can't pay, then you can't go.......no such thing as 'tick'
Never do a bad turn when you can do a good one.
These were t he things my parents taught me........I don't know what parents teach their children these days...unless it is 'get them before they can get you'.....and maybe 'yes, of course you can have it...if you can steal it'

Ok, OK, I know there are some very good parents out there, who struggle against the odds and against the pressure of other bad parents influence from chav kids. No one said parenting would be easy. But if you give children rules and boundaries....and stick to them then you have gone a long way on the right road.
Old 23-07-2006, 20:13   #42
I am Banned

i live in the devonshire street area and although there is a gang of about 40 kids that go around vandalising and attacking people coming home from the pub or daring to walk alone ,every parent in that area is under the impression that their kids are angels and it must be kids from another area coming to cause trouble

well i tell a lie actualy , i moved away from the effing scumbags, i grew up in that area and to be quite honest i would feel more comfortable and safer walking through iraq wearing my saint georges boxer shorts , an american eagle tattooed across my forehead and whistling oh when the saints come marching in whilst clutching a bible

dont get me wrong theres some nice kids in that area as well , they are the ones whos parents have them in at a decent time and are not walking around with bottles of beer in their hands and puking in teh streets

Last edited by chav1; 23-07-2006 at 20:16.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 20:51   #43
God Member

yes it is upbringing, it's being taught right from wrong, discipline, which need not be physical, as long as it's a punishment thats recognised as such it does work.

problem is, it's done now, it's too late, they're teens or even older, young adults. The seeds have been set, you can't retrain with the present system. The damage to society as we know it has been done.

Blame who you like, the parents for lack of parenting, the police, social services, the government, Tony Blair, John Major, but it won't undo the wrong thats been done.

Be affraid be very affraid because it will only get worse.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody

Last edited by Madhatter; 23-07-2006 at 21:03.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 21:15   #44

Indeedydo.
Oh well...
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 21:50   #45

His e-mail is there for all to see.... pervert
accybabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..