Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 19:13   #151

Re: What has happened to Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, Gordie, in the end you didn't have the bottle to come right out and say it, because like most of your ilk, you prefer to deal in sneers and innuendo. A few things you should know...

If you know anything about Accringtonians (and I'm beginning to think you don't), you'll know that they are not backward at coming forward and making their views known. If there was any disquiet about the present ownership of Stanley, it would have manifested itself on this forum, in the columns of the local press and at the ground. It hasn't...Ilyas Khan is regarded as the good guy in the tangled affairs of the club over the past few months (something else to add to the long list of subjects of which you know nothing). He is regarded with the utmost respect by the fans, many of whom are non-PC to say the least.

Secondly, if you think that owning a club like Accrington Stanley can lead to any sort of financial advantage, then all I can say is, this is yet another subject where you display your profound ignorance.

You might also be interested to know that Ilyas Khan is chairman of the Leonard Cheshire Organisation, so the trustees of one of Britain's foremost charitable organisations don't appear to have a problem with him.

And that, Gordie, is my final word on the subject. Feel free to carry on making a fool of yourself...
I will answer your question and reply to Pheonix's quote then I have finished
with this issue.
I do not know of any circumstance's where the over population and further influence of present ethnic minorities in Accrington has been to the benefit of the local community and town. I have never been aware of instances where ethnics have contributed to the community without favour or gain for their own communites first. I know Ilyas Khan has come to the rescue of the local football team to which I am sure everyone is grateful. Time will only tell if Ilyas Khan's hard fought battle for his take over bid of Accrington Stanley is genuinely for the interests of the football club. I am sure that Ilyas is a decent man and the charity that you mention which he is the chairman of, The Leonard Cheshire Organisation, does great work with money raised in Britain for invalid children and adults in over 40 countries worldwide, many of which are undeveloped including Pakistan. I am sure that he uses his influence as Chairman to good benefit.
Does this answer your question and finish the matter?

Last edited by Gordie; 07-12-2009 at 19:16.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2009, 19:21   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

that is still incorrect ilyas khan has NO wish to take oer stanley, he did bail the club out, by paying the tax bill, he has even been quoted as saying he has not the time or the expertise to run a football club, if ya wish the matter to be finished, finish it with correct facts.
Old 07-12-2009, 19:40   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Geordie

I am of ethnic origin, I have done voluntary work as a trustee for the last 7-8 years without a penny in remunerations, I am also a school governor, I do not get paid for that and there are many from an ethnic background that do similar work. There are also many white indigenous people doing excellent voluntary work. There are also many on this web board that do the same but do not like to sing and shout about it.

Before you start I love this country and have also served queen and country I did 9 years in the British Army. I made a lot of friends from all walks of life, black and white whilst serving and still have contact with many. I have seen colleagues and friends shot and blown up but at no time did I see their colour or ethnic background nor them mine, we were all in it together as one. Furthermore I have never been out of work and have never claimed benefits and I am now over 50.

I am a great believer in treating people as individuals and not as groups. As I see it there are some good people among the ethnics within Hyndburn and some not so good but you get that in all communities.

I am sure where you are in Ireland it is the same to some extent.
I hold my hand up to you and I have no arguments with your quote. You appear to be a great role model for the ethnic community and remind me of an Indian friend who has the same philosophy as yourself. It would be of great benefit to the community if other people of ethnic origins followed your example. Without being prejudice may I ask if you are of Muslim faith. Good luck my friend. Your quote has been the most inspiring on this thread. I salute you!

Last edited by Gordie; 07-12-2009 at 19:47.
Old 07-12-2009, 20:07   #154
God Member

Are you an ethnic minority in Multyfarnham or are you hiding in the college/friary there?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Last edited by SPUGGIE J; 07-12-2009 at 20:11.
SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 20:15   #155
God Member

This might explain Gordies "issues" living in Multyfarnham;

Praying Nature at Multyfarnham Friary, Multyfarnham, Co. Westmeath, Ireland

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 20:26   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Gordie... any comments?????
Your question has been answered a number of times on this thread without
using personal names.Maybe you have been in outer space Boeing Guy.Read the quotes

Last edited by Gordie; 07-12-2009 at 20:31.
Old 07-12-2009, 20:49   #157

Boeing Guy,your head is really in the couds

Last edited by Gordie; 07-12-2009 at 20:55.
Old 07-12-2009, 21:07   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that is still incorrect ilyas khan has NO wish to take oer stanley, he did bail the club out, by paying the tax bill, he has even been quoted as saying he has not the time or the expertise to run a football club, if ya wish the matter to be finished, finish it with correct facts.
Doris,if not the take over of Accrington Stanley football club,then to further his influence within Accrington, is that more correct for you Doris, or is it Noris
Old 07-12-2009, 21:42   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Doris,if not the take over of Accrington Stanley football club,then to further his influence within Accrington, is that more correct for you Doris, or is it Noris
well if it amuses mitch, who am i to deny it.
Old 07-12-2009, 22:57   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Well been watching this thread all the way..........Gordie has some valid points which no one is prepared to listen to ( your choice).......Ilyas Khan has done a bloody good job for Stanley, No dispute there.....problem I have is Gordie hasn't been given the right to view his point, everyone has jumped on him and no one cares about his point of view (which we are all entitled too)..........so I for one will give him his right to express himself......which most of us are too afraid to do (whether you admit it or not), so get on with it Gordie, fill yer boots.
Old 07-12-2009, 23:01   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
I have to say he has some valid points, which seem to have been overlooked.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:01   #162

I don't mind being quoted Gordie, but please don't change the content
Old 08-12-2009, 06:09   #163
God Member

Out of curioisty Gordie, what did you do for the town ?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Out of curioisty Gordie, what did you do for the town ?

Left
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06   #165

Yes Geordie, I am a Muslim and proud of it, I also teach my children and all around me the same ethos.

I have friends from various religions and backgrounds some are even athiests, I am god-father to one of my friends children who are catholics.

I do believe that people have a right to express themselves but not at the extent of deliberately hurting or abusing others or by inhibiting or constraining their rights.

I believe we need to be understanding and tolerant towards everyone but not at the expense and detriment of where you live, your family or the people around you who cannot defend themselves for waht ever reason.

No matter where I go within England or internationally nothing beats the feeling when you come to the boundaries of Lancashire and see a red rose and getting into Acrington you get that feeling that you are home.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..