Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 07:21   #91
Super Moderator

Re: What has happened to Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
You can debate with me on any issue but if I dont agree with you because I know better,dont call me a bigot.
That's where you said you know better...OK?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35   #92
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am sure that if Joseph Stalin's grandson, a local lad of Russain or Asian origin had come up with the money to save Accrington Stanley football club from, as you quote oblivion, the board of management and finance would reluctantly have accepted it, but that does not mean the supporters would not have a problem with this.
The only utter and complete crap is that you appear to believe, from your quotes, that the Accrington Stanley supporters do not have a problem with the recent issues regarding the football clubs takeover bid.
You really are making a fool of yourself now, aren't you, Gordie? The only problem that Stanley supporters have with the recent takeover bid is that it didn't happen sooner! Ilyas Khan is a hero to Stanley fans and there's plenty of them who aren't exactly Guardian-reading liberals. However, they're not so bigoted that they let a person's racial origin blind them to his other qualities. A pity you can't do the same.
Old 02-12-2009, 14:02   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You really are making a fool of yourself now, aren't you, Gordie? The only problem that Stanley supporters have with the recent takeover bid is that it didn't happen sooner! Ilyas Khan is a hero to Stanley fans and there's plenty of them who aren't exactly Guardian-reading liberals. However, they're not so bigoted that they let a person's racial origin blind them to his other qualities. A pity you can't do the same.
Reminds me of the owd saying Wynonie- ya can't put sense,where there is none.
Old 02-12-2009, 19:37   #94
God Member

Quote:
I am sure that if Joseph Stalin's grandson, a local lad of Russain or Asian origin had come up with the money to save Accrington Stanley football club from, as you quote oblivion, the board of management and finance would reluctantly have accepted it, but that does not mean the supporters would not have a problem with this.
The only utter and complete crap is that you appear to believe, from your quotes, that the Accrington Stanley supporters do not have a problem with the recent issues regarding the football clubs takeover bid.
Well Chelsea have a Russian Arsenal have one with a 25% stake and a shady background so I am glad its a local guy that rescued the local team. What happened happened and it was not a fairy tale start but a great ending. If there were mor like Mr Kahn we should encourage them to help locally. If the intentions are honest true and open then I am all for it.

If that dosnt go down well with you then sorry but its tough and you need to become more enlightened if that is possible (though doubtful) in the future!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 22:20   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Well Chelsea have a Russian Arsenal have one with a 25% stake and a shady background so I am glad its a local guy that rescued the local team. What happened happened and it was not a fairy tale start but a great ending. If there were mor like Mr Kahn we should encourage them to help locally. If the intentions are honest true and open then I am all for it.

If that dosnt go down well with you then sorry but its tough and you need to become more enlightened if that is possible (though doubtful) in the future!!!!
Your quote. If there where more like Mr Kahn we should encourage them to help locally.
Since Mass immigration started in Accrington,can you inform me
of a local lad or female of Asian origin who has helped the non muslim local community of Accrington without favour or financial reward?
I hope like most Accringtonians that Mr Kahn's intentions are honest and true and open.
It is early days yet,maybe or maybe not,you will become more enlightened.
I hope I don't have to say to you in six or twelve months time,quote
you should have gone to specs saver
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 22:23   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

can you name a "White one" that has?
Old 02-12-2009, 22:31   #97
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I could but I won't
Old 02-12-2009, 23:39   #98

Quote:
Are you for real,
Accrington has been the beneficiary of many past and recent genorous donations to serve the benefit of all the community, not just a section of the community.In reply to your question,you are obviously ignorant to the above mentioned and to all the local people who work voluntarily every day with all local old people, etcetera,etcetera.
I think your head is so far in the clouds,or maybe to far somewhere else that you need a reality check
Old 02-12-2009, 23:44   #99

Quote:
I must admit Doris,I expected better of you than this
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Are you for real,
Accrington has been the beneficiary of many past and recent genorous donations to serve the benefit of all the community, not just a section of the community.In reply to your question,you are obviously ignorant to the above mentioned and to all the local people who work voluntarily every day with all local old people, etcetera,etcetera.
I think your head is so far in the clouds,or maybe to far somewhere else that you need a reality check
not in the least, i know of many voluntary workers who have donated much of their lives to helping elderly/sick etc, i was refering to financial aid like the guy you belittle has given,to our club, but i'm sure you knew that, or have i credited you with sense n ya aint got any?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36   #101
God Member

Quote:
So, you reckon the majority of Accringtonians have a problem that Ilyas Khan, a local lad of Asian origin, has come up with the money to save their football club from oblivion? What utter and complete crap you talk!
ahh but wait until corner shops start springing up next to the flags on the pitch

ill get me coat

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31   #102
Super Moderator

Quote:
I hope like most Accringtonians that Mr Kahn's intentions are honest and true and open.
It is early days yet,maybe or maybe not,you will become more enlightened.
I hope I don't have to say to you in six or twelve months time,quote
you should have gone to specs saver
Seem to have shifted your ground somewhat now, don't you, Gordie? It was only a couple of days ago you were telling us that you thought the majority of Accringtonians had a problem with Ilyas Khan taking over Stanley.

Is this what's called a dignified retreat?
Old 03-12-2009, 17:53   #103
God Member

Quote:
Your quote. If there where more like Mr Kahn we should encourage them to help locally.
Since Mass immigration started in Accrington,can you inform me
of a local lad or female of Asian origin who has helped the non muslim local community of Accrington without favour or financial reward?
As I am in my 20th year of exile I will hold my hand up and say no i cannot to that question. Mr Khan could be an example of what the Asian communities could do if they were given a chance and the same could be said of the other newly settled. People need to be given a chance to prove what they can do regardless of how small the gesture.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:58   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Seem to have shifted your ground somewhat now, don't you, Gordie? It was only a couple of days ago you were telling us that you thought the majority of Accringtonians had a problem with Ilyas Khan taking over Stanley.

Dignified Wynonie, your trouble is your too bloody nice mate
Old 04-12-2009, 14:37   #105

Wink Re: What has happened to Accrington

Quote:

How is hoping Mr Khan is honest and true a retreat,do we not all live in hope.
I noticed you did not answer the big question regarding local lads of ethnic origins who have contributed to the all of the local community not just a section without favour or financial gain.
Maybe the question is to hard for you.

Last edited by Gordie; 04-12-2009 at 14:41.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..