Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010, 11:21   #16
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Who gave this Plank a Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
The Chief Constable of the Met seems to share that view, thank goodness.
That is because he does not have the stones to stand up for his man and tell the moaning wimps to shut up and try to pull the trigger on a person themselves.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:27   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is because he does not have the stones to stand up for his man and tell the moaning wimps to shut up and try to pull the trigger on a person themselves.
...or because he is as shocked and disgusted by this man's crass insensitivity as most decent thinking people!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:44   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
...or because he is as shocked and disgusted by this man's crass insensitivity as most decent thinking people!
Our opinions differ, end of story for me
Old 05-11-2010, 11:57   #19
Give, give, give member

He was quite subtle in his song choices.

Probably have been brought to notice earlier, if he'd have gone for Bang Bang, Shot Trough The Heart, Guns of Navarone, and I Shot The Sheriff.

Guess I'd be back walking the beat.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 13:07   #20
God Member

The extended inquest was asked for by the immediate family; if they had any sense of decency or honour, it would have just been a normal inquest in which the obvious verdict would have been lawful killing - which is what it turned out to be in the end. Except this cost hundreds of thousands of pounds and took policemen off the streets. Those cops naturally treated this nonsense with the contempt it deserved.

Some of you on here obviously think that all the legal niceties should be observed; it is the same thinking that results in tens and hundreds of thousands of pounds being awarded to various Islamic extremists following police raids on their homes when nothing that could stand up in court is found.

So now we know what side you're on.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 13:40   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Bingo T nail on the head.
Old 05-11-2010, 22:47   #22
God Member

This seems like a long drawn out and well reported inquest into the shooting of an armed man.. I don't recall any such reporting of the inquest into the bloke shot dead by police when he was carrying a chair leg in a plastic bag..am I wrong to suspect that because this man was a barrister there seems to be more publicity??
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 22:53   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
This seems like a long drawn out and well reported inquest into the shooting of an armed man.. I don't recall any such reporting of the inquest into the bloke shot dead by police when he was carrying a chair leg in a plastic bag..am I wrong to suspect that because this man was a barrister there seems to be more publicity??
It seems the man's family have pushed for an enquiry, and sought as much publicity for the case as possible.

As is their right

Though personally, if it was my family member, who was a coke fuelled, prossie shagging, gun brandishing nob, I'd have quietly retreated into the shadows.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:15   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It seems the man's family have pushed for an enquiry, and sought as much publicity for the case as possible.

As is their right

Though personally, if it was my family member, who was a coke fuelled, prossie shagging, gun brandishing nob, I'd have quietly retreated into the shadows.
Think that says everything G
Old 06-11-2010, 09:27   #25
Resting in Peace

Maybe his epitaph will quote the late Bobby Fuller.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 14:08   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
So now we know what side you're on.
Grow up!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59   #27
God Member

Has anyone given any thought as to how the officer feels? Are we assuming insensitivity when it is possible that he was trying to deal with the burden of killing another human being? Are we conjuring up judgements from only knowing the superficialites of what happened? And, as I seem to be on a run of rhetorical questions, is there no psychological profiling of police officers who will be called upon to use lethal force?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:15   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Has anyone given any thought as to how the officer feels? Are we assuming insensitivity when it is possible that he was trying to deal with the burden of killing another human being? Are we conjuring up judgements from only knowing the superficialites of what happened? And, as I seem to be on a run of rhetorical questions, is there no psychological profiling of police officers who will be called upon to use lethal force?
I think they are put through rigorous training and psychological assessment Eric

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..