Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2004, 23:55   #121

Re: Young people today

Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2004, 00:06   #122
mez
God Member

nice one sparkologist// as always
Old 18-10-2004, 06:14   #123

I feel we better drop any more comments at Kipax, as he may feel that we are "Ganging-up" on him.

However, self inflicted injuries occur.

To finalise; We have all said our twopen'oths worth, and the overwhelming majority agree that smacking a child under certain circumstances is a proven way of administering discipline to a small child.

When a child is of an age where reasoning can be used, then smacking is of no further use!

Hitting children is a no--no, as this is not discipline or punishment but sadism, and painful, mentally and physically.

And in my view, most of the contributors were well balanced people with sensible and practical attitudes towards the subject. Those who are not parents, rightly gave their own personal viewpoints which were a valuable contribution, and another perspective.

I for one have enjoyed this thread, and it shows me that there are a lot of good people around who genuinely care. If we widened the topic to go on to Divorce and its effects on a child & discipline we will never finish this thread at all. To Willow, Simon, Davy, Sparko, Busman, Lampman, Mez, Gobsmacked, and all the others...thanks for making it so informative and interesting.

To Kipax....sorry you felt the way you did....and that you couldn't take the remarks in the way that they were intended (not one was aggresive or mean)..........but that's life.........and to quote your remarks to me "Get a Grip man"
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 06:35   #124
Resident Waffler

Very well summed-up Darby. I've also appreciated reading everyone's opinion and found much that is informative.

Hopefully Kipax will come back and re read the thread and see that no-one actually insulted him personally or even intended to. I'll forgive him for accusing me of hitting my children (or some other unknown person of doing it) which I would never dream of doing. I was horrified that anyone could think so.

Now, what's going on in the rest of AccyWebLand?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 22:31   #125

Thanks to everyone who posted as said before it gave me a good insight of everyones ideas.

so once again thanks

Steven
Old 26-10-2004, 13:36   #126
Senior Member+

Well what can i say?

Kipax i have nothing but admiration for you to be able to bring up your children the way you have done so i think it is wonderful im sure if i knew how i would follow in your steps.

I have 2 children boy aged 3, and girl aged 5. And they can be extremely naughty!! like any their age i hope,but especially with my boy (3) there is nothing i can do i cant put him in his room he thinks thats fine and will rip wallpaper of the walls, I cant take his toys away hes not bothered he will play with anything he gets his hands on not caring whos it is or what it is.

I try not to smack them but sometimes its the only way i know how that actually works i dont have miriam stoppard living next door i can only do what i know how and alot of the time it hurts me more than the children to smack them for what they have done and that is the gods honest truth.

As they get older its true you can reason with them and explain things to them which they can understand.

I also believe that if youths are to be roaming the streets causing trouble giving abuse smoking, drinking, whatever they are doing. I believe it has alot to do with where they are brought up if you are brought up on a council estate then you are more likely to be one of those people, especially if you are easily led. If you are brought up in a nice residential area where the adults show the way by not standing out in the front garden in the summer drinking beer and being roudy, then it is more likely that you will be one of the more quiet people who have a few good friends and so on.

I dont know what people will think to what i have but but just remember it is only what i think and not what i want you all to believe!!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..