Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2009, 09:31   #31
God Member

Re: Sleep problems??

I have had sleep problems for many months - sometimes too much and other times insomnia.
I have more or less regulated my sleep pattern by using melatonin - a natural product - small dose an hour before bed - it also helps your body to produce its own melatonin if you dim the lighting in the evenings
What is Melatonin?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2009, 09:32   #32
Resting in Peace

see problem solved by accyweb again
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 10:05   #33
God Member

cant you get melatonin in certain foods Margaret?
Old 16-03-2009, 10:08   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
cant you get melatonin in certain foods Margaret?
Not unless you eat pineal glands not recommended

see last para of the link

Old 16-03-2009, 10:09   #35
God Member

lol ok, i thought i'd heard about it somewhere else
Old 17-03-2009, 07:18   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
- a natural product -
I would class natural as something that grows not a synthetic copy made in a lab. The pig derived version is natural, the lab made one is not IMHO
Old 17-03-2009, 08:28   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I would class natural as something that grows not a synthetic copy made in a lab. The pig derived version is natural, the lab made one is not IMHO
I stand corrected - it is a hormone which is produced by the pineal gland, (as opposed to a pharmacutical chemical cocktail), but due to risk of infection from using brain extracted material, it is chemically copied.
Since it is a chemical which our bodies produce and use naturally, it is not an 'alien substance' which can disrupt bodily functions

Old 17-03-2009, 10:09   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Since it is a chemical which our bodies produce and use naturally, it is not an 'alien substance' which can disrupt bodily functions
Sorry M but I can't agree with that. Of course it is alien, it is synthetic and is made in a lab. I sometimes think you would suck pigs testicles if someone wrote a blog about them being good for you.
Old 17-03-2009, 10:23   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sorry M but I can't agree with that. Of course it is alien, it is synthetic and is made in a lab. I sometimes think you would suck pigs testicles if someone wrote a blog about them being good for you.
No need to get crudely offensive.
I take no prescription meds whatsoever and am curing my CFS with nutritional supplements at no cost to the taxpayer.
Incidentally the NHS considers CFS incurable - yet I am 50% better than I was 7months ago.
I do not follow advice in blogs. My DIY therapy is based on research and recommendations of three qualified doctors - Dr Chandy(Co. Durham), Dr Myhill (Wales), Dr Cheney(USA)

Old 17-03-2009, 11:28   #40
God Member

PS - I am not the only one using vitamins, minerals, and other natural products. Fifteen thousand people have now signed my petition.
Petition to: oppose the adoption of the Codex Alimentarius (WHO/UN) proposals for restriction of the presently freely available herb/vitamin/mineral food supplements. | Number10.gov.uk

Old 17-03-2009, 13:12   #41
God Member

Margaret take no notice of him, you do what you want with your life and sod everyone else x
Old 19-03-2009, 11:58   #42

just try some soft-music to lisen to-it works
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 21:03   #43
Caz
God Member

There was a news item this week, about night shift workers, being more eikely to develop cancer.

Obviously there have to be more tests about this....

But regarding night shift workers in general...constant nights, not just the odd night, but people who work nights all the time, like my daughter.

They are sleeping during the day, so they must surely be missing out on melatonin, vitamin D, and other essentials...any advice Margaret?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2009, 21:12   #44
God Member

I have never worked nights, but my first husband did, and he died of kidney cancer at age 49.
I know an ambulance driver who works night shifts and he uses Melatonin - safer than sleeping pills.
I take vitamin D every day because I don't get 30 minutes of sunlight a day, any season
I'm quite a hermit

Old 19-03-2009, 21:24   #45
Caz
God Member

Have suggested vitamin D to her, for obvious reasons, and the melatonin idea.

Don't think the permenant night shift issue has been raised enough.

Daughter comes home from work at 6am, sees that as her tea time, (during the week)
Goes on commy for a while, has something to eat, then depending on how she feels, goes to sleep for the day. Still has to fit in nomal stuff during daylight hours, like going to the bank and such, which interrupts her sleep pattern.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..