Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Which Of these is to blame?
It's the newbies own fault they signed up. 1 5.26%
It's the Oldbies fault, if they'd given up years ago there'd be no AccyWeb to upset folk with. 0 0%
It's the fault of the do-gooders always moaning about the hard time newbies have 3 15.79%
It's the Cliques fault, anyone that survives to post more than 5 posts is a member. 5 26.32%
It's the Mod's fault, (please ignore all questions above, it's always the mods fault). 6 31.58%
Less's Fault 1,004 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2012, 22:27   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Who's Fault Is It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
If the thread is a joke, then I didnt get it, what I did get was the treatment of new members, and the name calling of people who stand up for them. This I don't find funny, and yes you are right it is voluntary contribution, and I like BBC 2.

If this attitude is to be dominant then the good people will be banished to the sidelines, and the site will be poorer for it, and perhaps it will not be so funny then,
Yeh didn't get it cos yeh can't grasp the fact Anything Goes is fer such things, So yeh must regard yerself as a good person?(it takes allsorts) cos that was the reason yeh gave when yeh said way back yeh were moving aside to threads like the pics? which by the way is a damn good thread,
Old 30-11-2012, 22:30   #32
Senior Member+

Blame the dog
flashy likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 22:48   #33
Senior Member+

It is a forum. It is as simple as that, though one I care for more than others. I don't care for Cliques or how long someone has been member; as long as newbs(and long time members) follow the universal forum rules(accyweb has a nice set of rules that are pretty much universal) I am happy.

Less- its your fault. (missing option)
Old 01-12-2012, 07:08   #34
Resting in Peace

Its the Mods fault.......
The mods will try not to intervene in a thread until someone reports it
if they see something in a thread they might report it to other mods to keep an eye on it and if it gets to far out of hand then they WILL step in but normally we try to leave it until there is a report

if you want an example the new member asking for help with housing benefit the mods know what was going on and all mods had been watching the comments there has now been a report about the thread and i have just taken about 60 posts out.

The mods try not to get involved until members use the report button unless there is an obvious breach of site rules.

As its nearly Christmas and new year lets all make a resolution to be nice to newbies in the coming year 2013
mez and shillelagh like this.

Last edited by Mick; 01-12-2012 at 08:32.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Less- its your fault. (missing option)
Ask and ye shall receive.

I suspect you hit Micks funnybone.

What a shame for all those that have already voted, I'm sure that would have been their first choice.

Restless likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:54   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Its the Mods fault.......

As its nearly Christmas and new year lets all make a resolution to be nice to newbies in the coming year
Yeah Right.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:23   #37
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
As its nearly Christmas and new year lets all make a resolution to be nice to newbies in the coming year
Could you clarify which particular year you think this should start ? I mean is it a Bolicticos let's make change .................. after a period of consultation & reform body reviews, with the suggestion that it be brought into being just prior to a new administration, or not during the period of the present administration. Or are we back to the 95% thingummy jigger option ?

So 20?? then ?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Could you clarify which particular year you think this should start ? I mean is it a Bolicticos let's make change .................. after a period of consultation & reform body reviews, with the suggestion that it be brought into being just prior to a new administration, or not during the period of the present administration. Or are we back to the 95% thingummy jigger option ?

So 20?? then ?
Come the revolution you'll get my vote, if I can shake off this lethargy and be bothered to stand against the wall.
Meanwhile looking at the poll , 192% turn out according to the percentages.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:50   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Come the revolution you'll get my vote, if I can shake off this lethargy and be bothered to stand against the wall.
Meanwhile looking at the poll , 192% turn out according to the percentages.
I'm touched by you ( but could you not do it in public please ) you can be in my gang, just pick a position & it's yours, chief Beer taster is still available.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:04   #40

Quote:
I'm touched by you ( but could you not do it in public please ) you can be in my gang, just pick a position & it's yours, chief Beer taster is still available.
Very kind of you however, I have a drink problem, it goes down so fast it doesn't touch my taste buds, I would be willing to take it on as an 'honorary' position so long as my expenses are passed without question.

By the way AccyWeb's clique still has a vacancy for head of gynecology, main responsibility to check newly invited members of said clique really are pudenda's.
Stevie R likes this.

Last edited by Less; 01-12-2012 at 09:06.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So how do you get to pulling yer pud then ?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
It is a forum. It is as simple as that, though one I care for more than others. I don't care for Cliques or how long someone has been member; as long as newbs(and long time members) follow the universal forum rules(accyweb has a nice set of rules that are pretty much universal) I am happy.

It's not difficult to understand is it ?
Restless likes this.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:39   #43

Quote:
So how do you get to pulling yer pud then ?
I'll have you know sir the clique is all for equal opportunity, any of the female members preferably with experience though training can be offered, can apply for the position.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:06   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's not difficult to understand is it ?
They are just difficult to find. Hidden away in Forum News going back to 2007. Should be on the toolbar.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 13:30   #45
Senior Member+

most voted on poll ever!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..