Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 12:42   #16
God Member

Re: Your beliefs

I believe there may be an afterlife, not necessarily heaven and hell, because what if what we believe to be heaven turned out to actually be hell in the afterlife? Should we be praying to go somewhere after death that we know nothing about?
And what if bad people where in heaven because what they did was what 'god' or whatever intended? I mean, the eye for an eye theory derives from natural law, as far back as biblical times, and if you are tried at the 'gates of heaven' and given the oppurtunity to explain your sins, what if the evil people of this world find ways to justify their behaviour that allows them to be redeemed? Isn't everyone able to be forgiven if they confess their sins and ask for forgiveness? Is heaven even a place we would really want to go to anyway if it did exist? Or is hell the more favourable because it's the honest approach, accepting punishment rarther than begging for it to be ignored like a coward? Or what if we are in heaven or hell now? Can good people wrongly be damned to hell for misconceptions of their actions?

I believe in deja vu, I have those kind of feelings quite regularly, like I've done things before or i've met people before that I actually haven't, and there is no possible chance I have.

I am unsure about ghosts, aliens could very well exist, i dont think its unrealistic to say that there are probably other life forms somewhere. I dont have an opinion on the telepathy and telekinesis.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2007, 12:52   #17
Senior Member+

i believe that when we die our spirit is around
until a child obtains its own personality
i believe that personality is taken from someone somewhere
if that makes sense
cant believe in a god that says
say your sorry before you die and you will come to heaven
just think if the likes of hitler has said sorry they will be up there waiting
i do believe in the power of mediums
slightly mixed up

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 13:26   #18
God Member

Total garbage, the lot.

This is the sort of nonsense I would expect from an American website - certainly not from Accy, where people should have more sense.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 14:46   #19

Apart from tealeafs dribble at the end thanks for all your replies but as anyone else got anything to add?
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 14:53   #20

Ghosts
Yes i do believe a part of you stays but am some what less believing about those parts being able to muster pysical power.

Aliens
Yes definately there must be

Heaven/hell
Personally i dont believe in this

Telepathy
Yes why not. How do we know that when ever someone says "oh i was going to just say that" it was the act of telepathy but on a sub conscious level. I dont mean every time it happens but who knows that it isnt the case some of the time.

Telekinesis
Telekinesis is the act of moving objects purely by the power of the mind for the person who didnt know what it meant. Yes id say its possible but we just havent tapped into the true potential of the human brain.

De Javu or premonition's
Yes for sure as i have de javu about 5 times a week
Old 04-12-2007, 15:12   #21
God Member

Ghosts
Heard one - a loud evil chuckle which made my neck hair bristle
Smelt one - relatives owned the old court house in St Johs I O Man and the haunting was a very strong smell of flowers which lasted a few mins at a time.
Felt one - a most disconcerting moment when something unseen joined me in a double bed in a hotel in Sandowne Isle Of Wight
Seen one - a magenta coloured, spinning, galaxy shaped light near the ceiling in another hotel room

Aliens- missed out on that one

Heaven/hell - not in a biblical sense but living emotional experience of bliss and torment

Telepathy - I often used to shock a close friend by repeating word for word what he was thinking

Telekinesis my son was told how, and he did it - moving a small object by mindpower.

De Javu or premonition's the Kings Cross fire was described to me 3 days before it happened by a friend who has prophetic dreams

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 17:31   #22
Resident Waffler

I've had a few ghosty experiences.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 17:39   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Total garbage, the lot.

This is the sort of nonsense I would expect from an American website - certainly not from Accy, where people should have more sense.
Americans are people just like everyone else, and America is also home to the top University in the world, so they must have SOME intelligence and not all be dumb!

Whats wrong with having beliefs in the unexplained?
Old 04-12-2007, 17:59   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Americans are people just like everyone else, and America is also home to the top University in the world, so they must have SOME intelligence and not all be dumb!

Whats wrong with having beliefs in the unexplained?
No thats something i dont believe lol
Old 04-12-2007, 18:15   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
No thats something i dont believe lol
Well they wouldn't beat britains universities to the number 1 spot if they didn't have intelligent people to get the university there!
Old 04-12-2007, 18:28   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
americans are lovely people,i base that on visiting quite a few citys etc over there, but gotta say theres a high percentage of blinkered dummies.
Old 04-12-2007, 19:50   #27

yes i beleave in them all and i can,t see why you don,t.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 20:03   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
americans are lovely people,i base that on visiting quite a few citys etc over there, but gotta say theres a high percentage of blinkered dummies.
There are quite alot of americans at uni and they seem really nice, though the only use of drugs at this uni i've seen is by american girls smoking cannabis. I found that odd really because my friends at leeds met and she said theres a lot of heavy drugs going around the place like cocaine and lsd. Lancaster seems quite drug free compared to her description.
Old 04-12-2007, 21:02   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
America is also home to the top University in the world, so they must have SOME intelligence and not all be dumb!
Quote:
There are quite alot of americans at uni and they seem really nice
I think you just prooved they are not all very intelligent. If they have the best Universities in the world why have some come to Leeds to attend a lesser University than back home?
Or did you mean by the singular University that they only have one good one in the whole of the States?
Old 04-12-2007, 22:14   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think you just prooved they are not all very intelligent. If they have the best Universities in the world why have some come to Leeds to attend a lesser University than back home?
Or did you mean by the singular University that they only have one good one in the whole of the States?
It did cross my mind too. The really good American universities charge an arm and a leg to attend. We have a lot of US students at Queen's in Kingston. Even paying the larger fees that Queen's charges non-Canadian students, it is still cheaper than the good US schools. And part of Queen's campus is in England. Herstmonceux Castle in Sussex is owned by Queen's. I don't have any idea of what the singular top university in America is.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..