Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 20:26   #1

Your beliefs

Im wondering what YOU believe in. Ill list a few subjects and if you can please answer if you do believe in said subject and why you believe that.

Ghosts

Aliens

Heaven/hell

Telepathy

Telekinesis

De Javu or premonition's

Or any stories that you cant explain or things that have happened to you in the past

All your sensible answers and views will be appreciated.

Last edited by Mr Aleks; 03-12-2007 at 20:30.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2007, 20:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Your beliefs

................................why do i have to have a reason to believe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Im wondering what YOU believe in. Ill list a few subjects and if you can please answer if you do believe in said subject and why you believe that.

Ghosts

yes
Aliens

yes
Heaven/hell

yes
Telepathy

hmmm....undecided
Telekinesis
dunno (how come you havent answered?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 20:33   #3

You dont have to have a reason. I belive in things but have no reason to believe in them if that makes sense.
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 20:36   #4
Senior Member+

it makes sense cos i am the same......

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 21:23   #5
Resident Waffler

Ghosts - yes but not as nasty spooky haunty things, rather the spirit of a person which lives on after the body has ceased to function. I also think there's some kind of somehow that things from the past get recorded in the locations, like the Roman legion marching through York but only visible from the knee up because the pavement they walked on was now a couple of feet below ground.

Aliens - yes in as far as the existence of life on other planets, but not little green men from mars with antennae sticking out of their heads who demand to be "Taken to your leader"

Heaven/hell - sort of. Not a distinct Heaven and Hell separation into two places but rather degrees of glory as in New Heaven and New Earth but with the neither of the two being equated possibly with what people perceive as Hell.

Telepathy - have never really experienced nor witnessed but won't discount it unless it can be disproven.

Telekinesis - yes, I believe the Soviet Union did research into the phenomenon but I have no personal experience.

De Javu or premonition's - Deja vu I have experienced although I'm not sure which explanation of it I accept.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 21:33   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post

Ghosts
yes

Aliens
gotta be some kinda life out there,

Heaven/hell
yep, aint religious but still believe it.

Telepathy
unsure thick its possible

Telekinesis
don't even know what that is.

De Javu or premonition's
definatly.

Or any stories that you cant explain or things that have happened to you in the past

thats where i am on this lot.
Old 03-12-2007, 21:41   #7
God Member

I have experienced all of them except aliens - perhaps I shouldn't have turned down the invite to one of THE garden parties , because the queen is one (according to David Icke)
Reptilian humanoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 21:45   #8
God Member

Ghosts - 'Spirits' is the best term for what I believe are present, in that I believe there is an enduring self in a human that can be attached to a certain building after death.

Aliens - other life forms on different planets/galaxies? Sure.

Heaven/hell - definitely not. No benevolent creator would have such barbarian ideas in practice. I believe heaven/hell concepts were conjured up by elitist Christians who wanted to scare people into acting a certain way. Nothing more than carrot & the stick method here.

Telepathy/Telekinesis - I believe that, from evidence such as that of teenage girls' overactive brains during sleep being able to move objects during the night, that brain power can be extremely effective, to the point of moving objects and communicating in some way with another brain.

De Javu or premonition's - I'm not too sure what I believe with this. Probably somewhere between theories of reincarnation and parallel universes for me. I believe the subconscious is more knowing than the conscious, and is aware of our past events either as an individual or more generally, as a species.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 22:09   #9
Passed away 25-11-09

I'm sceptical about all of them except déja vu and premonitions, both of which I have experienced.
Old 03-12-2007, 22:14   #10

shaker maker pretty much expresses my opinion on this, apart from Ghosts and Déjà vu

Ghosts, apparitions, whatever you want to call them, whatever form they take and whatever the viewers perception of the apparitions intent ( be it “good” or “evil”) I think are a figment of our imagination, fuelled by a highly emotive state of the viewer.

Déjà vu, I’ve experienced twice, but many years ago. It’s a strange feeling when it happens, as to why it happens, who knows
Old 03-12-2007, 23:57   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Ghosts - Nope, dead is dead. The end. Nothing else but switched off. As in an ex parrot.

Aliens - I would be surprised if there was no more life out there somewhere

Heaven/hell - Nope. I don't believe in God so I can't really believe in these. To be more accurate I don't really care if there is a God or not. If there is He is not the good careing being many of you believe Him to be.

Telepathy - Not sure on this one. I like to see proof of things before I blindly follow along with the crowd.

Telekinesis - Same as telepathy. It would save getting up to find the TV remote though.

De Javu or premonition's - No. I think you have to believe that time can be manipulated to believe in these. How else can you see something that has yet to happen. Unless your a witch
Old 04-12-2007, 00:16   #12
white rabbits

I feel realy spooked ,our clock has started chimeing twelve times now every time its eleven o clock,,,its realy weird ...its gone on for about a week now ,,I am now expecting something to happen at that time every day ,,,,,,,,,,, otherwise its fine....
Old 04-12-2007, 00:17   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I feel realy spooked ,our clock has started chimeing twelve times now every time its eleven o clock,,,its realy weird ...its gone on for about a week now ,,I am now expecting something to happen at that time every day ,,,,,,,,,,, otherwise its fine....
You are spooked because your clock is faulty
Old 04-12-2007, 00:24   #14
white rabbits

It went funny JUST ONCE before ,it just stopped dead for no reason,,,and then weeks later Uri Gella was on tele and said touch any broken clocks or watches and low and behold it worked perfect until now...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Ghosts......nah, i think once your dead thats it...nothing...zilch....end off!

Aliens.......oh yeh, there must be, we are not the only ones in this big universe, we just havent found em yet

Heaven/hell........dont be daft

Telepathy......you tell me...

Telekinesis.....nope, sorry!

De Javu or premonition's......for some reason i do.....ya know something im sure we done this before

if it proven then ill believe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..