Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 23:52   #31
God Member

Re: Your beliefs

Maybe it's The Ronald McDonald University; I do believe they offer a pretigious degree in hamburgerology.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-12-2007, 00:29   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Should we be praying to go somewhere after death that we know nothing about?
Stop wasting your time praying about whats after death and try spening your time living.
Old 05-12-2007, 00:29   #33
Yank in King Art's Court!

Ghosts - As in Spiritual Beings, Angels - Yes

Aliens - Nope

Heaven/hell - Absolutely

Telepathy - Not Sure

Telekinesis - Not Sure

De Javu or premonition's - Yes

Just an opinion from a Dumb American. And for what it's worth: There are quite a few of American Universities/Colleges that would make a list of some of the tops in the world. Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MIT), Stanford, The Ivy League Universities (Gag me with that thought!), Johns Hopkins, William and Mary, Cal.Tech, etc.,. Much depends on what area of study one is seeking and at what level i.e. Bachelor of Science, Masters, MD, DVM, PHD etc.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 18:52   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe it's The Ronald McDonald University; I do believe they offer a pretigious degree in hamburgerology.
hamburgerology?

how do i apply

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 19:39   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
hamburgerology?

how do i apply
Study the movie "Supersize Me." Oh, and get a prescription for Lipitor
Old 05-12-2007, 19:45   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post

Aliens - Nope

Heaven/hell - Absolutely

Telepathy - Not Sure

Telekinesis - Not Sure

Just an opinion from a Dumb American. And for what it's worth: There are quite a few of American Universities/Colleges that would make a list of some of the tops in the world. Massachusetts Institute of Technology ( MIT), Stanford, The Ivy League Universities (Gag me with that thought!), Johns Hopkins, William and Mary, Cal.Tech, etc.,. Much depends on what area of study one is seeking and at what level i.e. Bachelor of Science, Masters, MD, DVM, PHD etc.

Brian
William and Mary is a great school. Beautiful location. I once gave a paper there on editorial problems in the letters of Samuel Richardson. But it is sort of Ivy ... at least Southern Ivy.
Old 05-12-2007, 20:15   #37

Ghosts - Nope when you die you die full stop.

Aliens - There must be some other form of life out there It would be arogance of the highest order not to think so

Heaven/hell - Nope see number 1

Telepathy - Open to persuasion

Telekinesis - See above

De Javu or premonition's - Having read Nostrodamus' prophecies and believe I have experienced Deja Vu, I would say erring on the side of yes.

All the belief/religious sides of these above lead towards an oppressive side i.e. do what we say or you will suffer after you die, (a brilliant way of manipulation as nobody is going to come back and say they were wrong).

All major religions use this and refuse to answer difficult questions of them when asked, hence I am an atheist.

The others are unexplained phenomena to which I am open to persuasion, apart from the alien question which I have to say I do believe exist on a purely mathemetical theorem. Considering the number of stars, the majority of which must have planets, therefore if only 0.01% of the planets are similar to ours then life of some description must exist.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 20:25   #38
God Member

Quote:
heres the link Hamburger University

not sure how many Nobel laureates they have produced
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 20:35   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

No laureates I'm afraid. It's not the lack of academic excellence, just the fact that most of them die from clogged arteries before they have a chance to really shine
Old 05-12-2007, 21:00   #40
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post

All the belief/religious sides of these above lead towards an oppressive side i.e. do what we say or you will suffer after you die, (a brilliant way of manipulation as nobody is going to come back and say they were wrong).

All major religions use this and refuse to answer difficult questions of them when asked, hence I am an atheist.
I can't remember who said it but you made me think of the following quote:

"I would rather live my life believing that there is a God and die to find out that there isn't than live my life believing that there isn't a God and die to find out that there is."

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 21:06   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I can't remember who said it but you made me think of the following quote:

"I would rather live my life believing that there is a God and die to find out that there isn't than live my life believing that there isn't a God and die to find out that there is."
Maybe you could find a bookie who would give you odds
Old 05-12-2007, 21:06   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

application sent!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 21:07   #43
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Maybe you could find a bookie who would give you odds
Don't need a bookie. I know what I believe and nothing anyone else says can change what I believe, although I respect their right not to share those beliefs.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 21:18   #44
Accy Goddess

Aliens - Dunno - suppose there must bebeings living on other planets.

Heaven/hell - Not as such - I belive in good and evil. I belive that when we die there are different plaines to traval and on the top plane there is a god. D

Telepathy - Definatly

Telekinesis - Not Sure

ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:55   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Don't need a bookie. I know what I believe and nothing anyone else says can change what I believe, although I respect their right not to share those beliefs.
I don't share, but I freely admit that I could be wrong. I hope I guessed right, but the immortality thing, I just don't buy into it. I suppose I have to class myself as un unrepentant existentialist. Maybe I'll spend eternity waiting for Godot

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..