Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 22-03-2014 20:12

Re: Today in pictures

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, it was a testing day today, horizontal hailstone in the hear hole, smashing.

1. It started off as a walk on the canal.
2. Then I spotted what looked like a long gone farm with outbuildings.
3. there are the remains of walls and cart tracks in all directions.
4. The tree on the left gazes at the tree on the right wondering where his youth went.
5. This small wall runs the length of the field, one edge of the cart track.
6. The fence on the far right is the edge of the canal.
7. The buildings remains are dotted about over a large area, so possibly more than one dwelling.
8. They don't build them like that any more.
9. At this point I am at a loss to find a dry bit, so perhaps put my excitement to one side for another day.
10. I bet those trees weren't there when all this was a working farm.

gpick24 22-03-2014 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099061)
Well spotted, what did the guy behind the counter say, I bet he thought you were talking photos so you could read it at home later.

She wasn`t around, there was quite a few people waiting for their food who might have seen me though.

Gremlin 23-03-2014 13:40

4 Attachment(s)
I have an old 50mm Nikon lens which was for film cameras but it works well on my DSLR. Its a prime lens and fully manual so I thought I would try it out with the monochrome settings. No editing, straight from the card.

No.1 Obvious,, taken through the windscreen.

The rest were taken at a place I have never been before and just went for a ride down to see what's there. All I know is that I passed a Church and the Thorn Inn on the way.

Margaret Pilkington 23-03-2014 13:44

Russell, I like those pics.

DaveinGermany 23-03-2014 13:53

Ah nr.1, that den on iniquity frequented frequently by some of our regulars.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fr...y-emoticon.gif

Gremlin 23-03-2014 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1099179)
Russell, I like those pics.

Thank you Margaret, I may use the lens a bit more often now, both mono and colour. It stops down to f1.2 which is very good for portraits giving a blurred background.
I just want a model now.

Turtle 23-03-2014 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1099064)
Today in Pictures, it was a testing day today, horizontal hailstone in the hear hole, smashing.

1. It started off as a walk on the canal.
2. Then I spotted what looked like a long gone farm with outbuildings.
3. there are the remains of walls and cart tracks in all directions.
4. The tree on the left gazes at the tree on the right wondering where his youth went.
5. This small wall runs the length of the field, one edge of the cart track.
6. The fence on the far right is the edge of the canal.
7. The buildings remains are dotted about over a large area, so possibly more than one dwelling.
8. They don't build them like that any more.
9. At this point I am at a loss to find a dry bit, so perhaps put my excitement to one side for another day.
10. I bet those trees weren't there when all this was a working farm.

Oh you intrepid photographer, you! Makes me feel like a wimp. Hail stones are not for the faint of heart. Great shots, especially the ruins. Where abouts were you?

Turtle 23-03-2014 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1099177)
I have an old 50mm Nikon lens which was for film cameras but it works well on my DSLR. Its a prime lens and fully manual so I thought I would try it out with the monochrome settings. No editing, straight from the card.

No.1 Obvious,, taken through the windscreen.

The rest were taken at a place I have never been before and just went for a ride down to see what's there. All I know is that I passed a Church and the Thorn Inn on the way.

Nice shots Gremlin!

mobertol 23-03-2014 16:25

10 Attachment(s)
Lovely photos all again after another quick catch-up. Still no internet here - a technician came after a 4 month wait last week to say we are too far away from the nearest exchange. Am poaching neighbour's connection and like him will now have to go for an antenna/ariel thing on the roof and satellite connection! Wish I hadn't had to wait so long to find out.... Big Sigh! o.O
A spring walk earlier this week when the weather was glorious from behind our farm through the countryside to the village of Costa Sant'Abramo. Weather broke yesterday -on today's walk I set out in blowy but sunny climes and ended up running home in ahead of a threatening, rumbling storm -just made it! Those pics tomorrow. :)

maxthecollie 23-03-2014 16:32

9 Attachment(s)
Attachment 38986Attachment 38987Attachment 38988Attachment 38989Attachment 38990Attachment 38991Attachment 38992Attachment 38993Attachment 38994

Today's walkies on one of Mr Mac's walks

mobertol 23-03-2014 16:40

No 7 of Max is really lovely!

maxthecollie 23-03-2014 16:44

You can't see his belly or back legs. He is as muddy as can be.

Margaret Pilkington 23-03-2014 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1099186)
Thank you Margaret, I may use the lens a bit more often now, both mono and colour. It stops down to f1.2 which is very good for portraits giving a blurred background.
I just want a model now.

Russell, I would offer, but I would have to get the iron out to get rid of the wrinkles :D
Either that or wear a burkha!

Margaret Pilkington 23-03-2014 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1099223)
Lovely photos all again after another quick catch-up. Still no internet here - a technician came after a 4 month wait last week to say we are too far away from the nearest exchange. Am poaching neighbour's connection and like him will now have to go for an antenna/ariel thing on the roof and satellite connection! Wish I hadn't had to wait so long to find out.... Big Sigh! o.O
A spring walk earlier this week when the weather was glorious from behind our farm through the countryside to the village of Costa Sant'Abramo. Weather broke yesterday -on today's walk I set out in blowy but sunny climes and ended up running home in ahead of a threatening, rumbling storm -just made it! Those pics tomorrow. :)

Oh, Dianne...what a beautiful place you live in.
Those pictures made me soooo envious.

Margaret Pilkington 23-03-2014 17:02

Number 3 is so beautiful Dianne. I love the misty background. Number 9 is something special too. Well shot.