Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 15-05-2014 13:17

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1106204)
Lovely shots from one of my favourite parks. It's been many years since I was there (50? Yikes!!!!). There was actually an enclosure filled with budgies back then, unless my memory fails me. Gorgeous views, and the closups of the flowers are wonderful! Thanks davemac :)

The budgie enclosure is now the shelter at the top of the path in picture number 1, the budgies went a few years ago now.

Restless 15-05-2014 13:33

4 Attachment(s)
1- on mi way to work. Set off early to snap this for ongoing photo comp

2-4 on mi way home I go past Stanley and decided to follow a path

mobertol 15-05-2014 14:24

Restless -love that panoramic of the town center. Dave - can never have enough of your flowers and I love the photo of the memorial in Great Harwood and the one with the viaduct in the background. Off out now to do a few errands and then hope to take some myself - camera has been still for a few days! Not sure I'll manage to post today as my son is over later for a Mexican meal which I have to make yet for him and his best friend!

davemac 15-05-2014 16:37

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, was an "on the way" outing on the canal.

1. On the canal adjacent to Pilkington bridge.
2. Today we are going through the round window.
3. It only seems last week I was running naked through the Buttercups...........Oh.......... hang on....... it was.
4. The underside of Pilkington Bridge.
5. Fosters swing bridge, that's a lot of bridges today.
6. Spanish Bluebells.
7. More Spanish Bluebells.
8. Down the lane and back to the car.
9. Wild Poppy on the way.
10. And a maturing Hawthorn, they get a pink tint as they age.

maxthecollie 15-05-2014 17:36

Great reflection at Pilkington's Bridge

mobertol 15-05-2014 18:03

10 Attachment(s)
Mine was just a short walk up the lane and by the river -quite a few wickies and locals around and the Alps can be seen in the distance.

markuze 15-05-2014 18:57

7 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=davemac;1106087]Nice birds, and the moon has a lot of detail, I just get a blurry white spot when I try.

I had a go shooting the moon a few weeks ago one early morning when I saw it was pink

markuze 15-05-2014 19:20

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1106148)
Nice cat ... the first pic and the last make great "bookends":D

hehe yeh aint he cute he is still only a lil kitten

davemac 15-05-2014 19:46

[QUOTE=markuze;1106238]
Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1106087)
Nice birds, and the moon has a lot of detail, I just get a blurry white spot when I try.

I had a go shooting the moon a few weeks ago one early morning when I saw it was pink

Quote:

Originally Posted by markuze (Post 1106241)
hehe yeh aint he cute he is still only a lil kitten

I don't want to dampen your photographic enthusiasm but we have been set a limit of 10 photos per day, but keep up with the postings.

davemac 15-05-2014 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1106235)
Mine was just a short walk up the lane and by the river -quite a few wickies and locals around and the Alps can be seen in the distance.

Looks like you have got the same sunshine we have over here, but you appear to have more active wickthings than here.

Restless 15-05-2014 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1106218)
Restless -love that panoramic of the town center.

I used the photosphere option for that photo and didnt complete it.... makes for a better panoramic i think.... :D

gpick24 15-05-2014 21:15

5 Attachment(s)
Just a few today

davemac 15-05-2014 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1106255)
Just a few today

I think your photographs are improving, if that doesn't sound to condescending , the first one is a cracker, followed swiftly by a splasher.

gpick24 15-05-2014 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1106260)
...if that doesn't sound to condescending...

Not at all, but I think the biggest improvements to my pics have come from processing (and the new camera for christmas probably helped as well).
I do quite like No.1, but it was set up, I much prefer the spare of the moment pics, I find them a bit more satisfying if they turn out OK.

davemac 15-05-2014 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1106261)
Not at all, but I think the biggest improvements to my pics have come from processing (and the new camera for christmas probably helped as well).
I do quite like No.1, but it was set up, I much prefer the spare of the moment pics, I find them a bit more satisfying if they turn out OK.

I did notice the splash to the left to get them to jump, but that doesn't detract from the action in the photo, and no matter what camera or software, there has to be a picture there in the first place.