Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 12-05-2014 21:50

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1106033)
Great to see Bob out and about again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1106036)
Lovely fleurs again Dave -they are lasting a long time this year and giving a really good display. Spotted young Bob -nice to see he is starting to have longer and more interesting walks again - I bet he's as relieved as you are that you're back out and about together and wonders what has been going on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1106046)
I'm in Bluebell heaven! It's good to see Bob again too :)

Thanks people,Bob is starting to be his old self again, although I am having to think about slopes, steps, and any surface that would be a challenge to him. So I wont be undertaking my usual escapades such as slipping down steep inclines on my posterior of falling into streams and other such mishaps. So for now muddy and moist are on the back burner, although if he keeps improving at his current rate it wont be long before we are both caked in it and submerged in it as well.
The Bluebell season is almost over, the flowers have peaked and are getting ready to seed, on a plus though the summer flowers are about to replace them, and I am already looking for one of my favourites, the common orchid, and when I find one you will all be the first to see it.

shillelagh 12-05-2014 22:01

10 Attachment(s)
heres mine ... tedster sitting again .... that's him guarding his ball from my 'little' nephew in no 4, im going to have blueberries again (no 3), no 6 is Manchester road Methodist church in haslingden, no 7 one of the cherry blossom trees in greenfield gardens in haslingden, no 9 is the rosemary bush that my sister bought me last year, no's 1 & 2 are my azalea bushes in my back garden, no 5 & 8 is my neighbours cherry blossom tree and no 10 is the tedster welcoming his owner back home .. she'd been on holiday for a week ... and that's her mum behind .. cant decide who missed who the most :p

gpick24 12-05-2014 22:04

8 Attachment(s)
Here`s mine from today, an unexpected wander down by the river, sun had his hat on too.

1. Bathing in the sun.
2. Crazy Daisy coming at you.
3. Looking down towards the river.
4. Over to you DaveMac, what is it?
5. Hooooowl.
6. The goslings have grown.
7. A pair of geese.
8. It`s getting late now, time to let sleeping swans...erm...sleep.

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2014 07:41

Fantastic picture of the moon....I keep expecting the big blue bear to come along and sing.
Great pics, but the moon is my favourite.

gpick24 13-05-2014 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1106084)
Fantastic picture of the moon....I keep expecting the big blue bear to come along and sing.
Great pics, but the moon is my favourite.

Thanks, I had a go at the stars later on, but that needs more work.

davemac 13-05-2014 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1106075)
Here`s mine from today, an unexpected wander down by the river, sun had his hat on too.

1. Bathing in the sun.
2. Crazy Daisy coming at you.
3. Looking down towards the river.
4. Over to you DaveMac, what is it?
5. Hooooowl.
6. The goslings have grown.
7. A pair of geese.
8. It`s getting late now, time to let sleeping swans...erm...sleep.

Nice birds, and the moon has a lot of detail, I just get a blurry white spot when I try.

No 4 is Cardamine Pratensis common names.......Mayflower,cuckoo flower,cuckoo spit, and lady's smock, found in grass areas until June, but as the grass grows it gets hidden.

gpick24 13-05-2014 08:59

Thanks Dave, I`ve heard of mayflower but none of the other names, poor thing was in a field all on it`s own.

mobertol 13-05-2014 14:45

10 Attachment(s)
Another group of photos from the International market in Cremona - great range of produce on offer - lots of colour and some lovely smells too!

maxthecollie 13-05-2014 15:03

What great photos ,full of colour.

Margaret Pilkington 13-05-2014 15:07

Oh, Dianne....what can I say? I am paralysed with envy. How I would love to be going round that market....those colours are just stunning.
It makes my Halifax pics positively pedestrian!

Gremlin 13-05-2014 19:05

9 Attachment(s)
I have not posted for a while, I have been too busy machining and fitting the metal parts to the model twin cylinder mill engine I am building, so I thought I had better catch up with a few quick snaps.
First five taken from my car on the way to pick up a mate at Clayton Hall.

The others were taken in my garden,, many thanks to my wonderful gardener, Kate Brownlow.

I have no idea what the flowers are but they look pretty.

markuze 13-05-2014 19:31

7 Attachment(s)
Hi, been keeping my eye on this thread for sometime- great pics by the way and I have finally got all my pics up on flikr so though I would share a few here taken over the last few weeks from out and about Accy :)

mobertol 13-05-2014 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1106119)
I have not posted for a while, I have been too busy machining and fitting the metal parts to the model twin cylinder mill engine I am building, so I thought I had better catch up with a few quick snaps.
First five taken from my car on the way to pick up a mate at Clayton Hall.

The others were taken in my garden,, many thanks to my wonderful gardener, Kate Brownlow.

I have no idea what the flowers are but they look pretty.

Lovely photos Russell, keepyour camera to hand at all times -good to share what you see :) The flowers are especially nice - well done KATE X

mobertol 13-05-2014 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by markuze (Post 1106120)
Hi, been keeping my eye on this thread for sometime- great pics by the way and I have finally got all my pics up on flikr so though I would share a few here taken over the last few weeks from out and about Accy :)

Number 4 is my favourite - glad you like Dave's thread - be warned it is addictive and you will be welcomed whatever you post! Warm and friendly is how I would describe it - relax and share!! xxx

markuze 13-05-2014 20:11

hehe thanks