Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Accyexplorer 24-05-2014 22:54

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1107082)
I'm wondering if it might be Accyexplorer...he hasn't been on-line yet.

Nope, it wasn't me :)

Turtle 24-05-2014 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1107087)
While the standards are very high for the comp, I think both of those are very worthy Turtle.

Thanks GP! I guess I just had a particular shot in mind, and of course nature doesn't always cooperate. That plus I'm still learning how to use this 'new to me' camera. The limits of the automatic settings are becoming apparent. Still, it's fun.
I really don't enter the Comps to win. I just enjoy the creative challenge, and the chance for growth. Besides - it's too darned hard coming up with new themes! Hah hah.

Margaret Pilkington 25-05-2014 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1107090)
Thanks GP! I guess I just had a particular shot in mind, and of course nature doesn't always cooperate. That plus I'm still learning how to use this 'new to me' camera. The limits of the automatic settings are becoming apparent. Still, it's fun.
I really don't enter the Comps to win. I just enjoy the creative challenge, and the chance for growth. Besides - it's too darned hard coming up with new themes! Hah hah.

I understand that concept.....of having a particular shot in mind. But sometimes you have to modify your ambitions and take what nature gives you. Nature has been very generous with the material she provides........and your creative ideas don't leave you...you can put them on hold for another day.

davemac 25-05-2014 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1107086)
More attempts to capture some nature, but not quite what I had hoped for to enter this latest Comp. I can sit there for ages, and as soon as an interesting creature appears I raise my camera, and the little beggars scarper! Oh well, it's lots of fun trying.

Davemac, where are you? I haven't seen a post from you in quite a few days. I hope all is ok with you and yours.

1. The elusive Ruby Throated Hummingbird - this one's a male (he has the ruby throat!)

2. My friend the Pileated Woodpecker. The noise he made drumming on this tree was quite impressive.

PM sent

mobertol 25-05-2014 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1107084)
At least they had a fine day for it...it has been ****itively possing it down all day over here.
Glad I didn't put the washing on to do today.

I had heard it was typically bad Bank Holiday weekend over there -such a shame for all those families wanting to get out for picnics.

Don't mean to rub it in Margaret but here it seems to have settled into perfect "English Summer" weather - don't worry I'll soon be moaning that it's too hot!

mobertol 25-05-2014 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1107085)
I really like that you are capturing the village life around you, Diane. Number 10 is an especially lovely shot!

Thanks -I like it too - I waited till they'd all gone especially to take it and for me it sort of says, "well that's it for another year", as the chapel won't be used again!

mobertol 25-05-2014 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1107086)
More attempts to capture some nature, but not quite what I had hoped for to enter this latest Comp. I can sit there for ages, and as soon as an interesting creature appears I raise my camera, and the little beggars scarper! Oh well, it's lots of fun trying.

Davemac, where are you? I haven't seen a post from you in quite a few days. I hope all is ok with you and yours.

1. The elusive Ruby Throated Hummingbird - this one's a male (he has the ruby throat!)

2. My friend the Pileated Woodpecker. The noise he made drumming on this tree was quite impressive.

I'd be proud if I'd managed to take those. I think they are amazing shots -especially the Hummingbird -they are incredibly fast movers...I struggle to get close enough to any birds to get their picture - unless of course they are knitted ;) (Like the kingfisher I posted a while back! )

maxthecollie 25-05-2014 19:03

9 Attachment(s)
A few more pics from last week
Attachment 40801Attachment 40802Attachment 40803Attachment 40804Attachment 40805Attachment 40806Attachment 40807Attachment 40808Attachment 40809

Turtle 25-05-2014 21:43

Numbers one and two - animals that stay still for the camera - yay!
The robin is a gorgeous shot :)

maxthecollie 25-05-2014 22:05

I really liked no 1 , it is on top of a gatepost in Moffat. I want one for my gatepost.

shillelagh 25-05-2014 22:49

10 Attachment(s)
its the 40s weekend on the east lancs railway this weekend ...

DaveinGermany 25-05-2014 22:58

6 Attachment(s)
Father dear & Bev are visiting, so a trip to the coast & a spot of spottering was the order of the day. :)
Wischhafen ferry terminal Elbe west bank - Happy travellers aboard the Ferry - Mid channel holding pattern waiting to dock - Gluckstadt terminal & a sister ferry - View from the "StrandHalle Cafe" on the Elbe at Brunsbüttel - An inquisitive local. :)

shillelagh 25-05-2014 23:29

10 Attachment(s)
and some more from the 40s weekend ...

Margaret Pilkington 26-05-2014 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1107144)
its the 40s weekend on the east lancs railway this weekend ...

Wadey has some Brilliant pics of this event on Flickr.
Your pics are great Jen. I wish I could have got up there to take some pics myself.
I would have been in my element up there.

Margaret Pilkington 26-05-2014 09:41

4 Attachment(s)
I know I said I wasn't going to get a new camera...but I lied.
I have just acquired a Panasonic Lumix FZ72. Well, I felt I deserved it. I get so much pleasure from taking pics and then messing with them.
I have been up to Ma's this morning to test out the zoom on it.
Here are some of the pics I took from her back yard.

1) The spire of Cannon St baptist church(circled and arrowed because it is hard to see)
2) Same spire
3) in better detail.
4) the body of the church.
these were taken from her yard on Riley's hill.