Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Margaret Pilkington 07-06-2012 18:40

Re: Today in pictures

Didn't venture out except for shopping.
Miss Bossy Drawers was 7 yesterday and got a pink camera....a real camera...a grown up camera, for her birthday(some girls have all the luck). She brought it over with her in a hope that we would go for a walk, and take some pictures....she was sadly disappointed.
She went to the window many times to check if the weather was letting up - it wasn't....so we stayed indoors.

davemac 07-06-2012 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996480)
Didn't venture out except for shopping.
Miss Bossy Drawers was 7 yesterday and got a pink camera....a real camera...a grown up camera, for her birthday(some girls have all the luck). She brought it over with her in a hope that we would go for a walk, and take some pictures....she was sadly disappointed.
She went to the window many times to check if the weather was letting up - it wasn't....so we stayed indoors.

Something to look forward too, company on a "today in pictures" walk.

susie123 07-06-2012 18:46

Haha, Bob looks more like a Bedlington terrier when he's wet! You need to get him a rain hat.

Did you get fined for speeding, Dave?

davemac 07-06-2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 996485)
Haha, Bob looks more like a Bedlington terrier when he's wet! You need to get him a rain hat.

Did you get fined for speeding, Dave?

When he gets wet he adopts this "badly done to" expression, that must be his poodle side.
I didnt know you could get a ticket for walking fast, mind you I was "shifting" at the time

Margaret Pilkington 07-06-2012 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 996483)
Something to look forward too, company on a "today in pictures" walk.

Yes, when we do get out and about together....I will put her pics on here for your perusal. You can never start too early.

davemac 07-06-2012 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996497)
Yes, when we do get out and about together....I will put her pics on here for your perusal. You can never start too early.

I will be looking for her flicker page to arrive soon!

Margaret Pilkington 07-06-2012 21:15

I think she might have to post on mine for now.......but she will have her pictures attributed.
I just know she will insist on it.:)

davemac 08-06-2012 17:59

8 Attachment(s)
Part 1. Well what can I say, another persistent day for precipitation, Today in Pictures.

1. Down a wet Blackburn Road.
2. Then a wet canal, but it always is.
3. Off the canal and back up the main road.
4. A quick look off to the right.
5. Past the old site for the soap factory.

Then back home and out shopping.

6. Along Whalley Road into town.
7. Down towards the Arndale car park.
8. Along Broadway,

It was then back to the car, and on to part 2.

davemac 08-06-2012 18:07

4 Attachment(s)
Part 2. Today in Pictures with altitude.

9. Across to the coppice.
10. Eastgate.
11. The roundabout with a bit of rain on the lens.
12. The Arndale roof.

Must come up here when its nice, its a good view .of town.

davemac 08-06-2012 19:32

2 Attachment(s)
Only a couple of today in flowers due to the weather.

1. Yellow Hawkweed.
2. Dog Rose bud with aphid.

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2012 20:13

We(Miss Bossy and Spindles) did the walk, but camera stayed at home due to the damp.
We went as far as Altham Marina and then back again.
Spindles was fixated on pike - he wanted to know how big they were, and if they really ate the ducklings and the cygnets.

We did see the swans and their five cygnets when we were almost home........and fed them some healthy muti-grain bread. Alas, no pictures today.

davemac 08-06-2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996637)
We(Miss Bossy and Spindles) did the walk, but camera stayed at home due to the damp.
We went as far as Altham Marina and then back again.
Spindles was fixated on pike - he wanted to know how big they were, and if they really ate the ducklings and the cygnets.

We did see the swans and their five cygnets when we were almost home........and fed them some healthy muti-grain bread. Alas, no pictures today.

I think this is to build the tension, you do realise that we are expecting great things.

seriously though, it cant rain forever, or can it?

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2012 21:23

Confucius he say......
'Blessed are they who expect nothing - they will never know disappointment'.

While we were up at Altham Marina there was a chap with a pile of wood, a hammer and some special nails. It looked very much like he was building some kind of boat.
I heard a chap shout to him 'Noah - you are going to need a lot more wood than that'.

So, maybe he knows something and isn't letting on :)

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2012 13:50

Again too wet to venture out.
Himself asked if I would like a trip over to Blackburn on the bus.......I told him that I would rather vist Great Harwood on half day closing....or eat my eyeballs with a rusty spoon.
So, no pics today.

maxthecollie 09-06-2012 14:29

Yeh sent the mrs up coppice with max today .They both come back like drowned rats. Still we are luckier than those on holiday in Wales in caravans or tents.