Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Eric 16-01-2015 13:56

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1129520)
I've just put my ear to the track, there is a Red Indian coming, or should that read Native American.

The preferred term in Canada is "First Nations" ... Which does not include Metis or Innuit.;) I once worked as an Adult Basic Education consultant on the Muskowekwan (Saulteaux) Reserve in Sakatchewan. The present Chief, Reg Bellerose, is a good buddy of mine. Reserves are great places to get cheap fags and gasoline ... and Cuban cigars at $5.00 a pop.:alright: My favorite: Romeo y Julietas.:D

Eric 16-01-2015 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1129702)
Only in the bedroom!:D

It's hard to take a selfie when you're wearing handcuffs.:D

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2015 14:31

No Eric......you just set the timer....or so I am told!

Accyexplorer 16-01-2015 15:22

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric (Post 1129777)
it's hard to take a selfie when you're wearing handcuffs.:d

Quote:

Originally Posted by margaret pilkington (Post 1129784)
no eric......you just set the timer....or so i am told!

Attachment 46502

Margaret Pilkington 16-01-2015 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1129805)

Well Jason, to the pure, all things are pure......so it must all be in your mind;)

Accyexplorer 17-01-2015 09:55

10 Attachment(s)
Just a few from this mornings dog walk around Arden Hall :camera8:

Attachment 46503Attachment 46504Attachment 46505Attachment 46506Attachment 46507Attachment 46508Attachment 46509Attachment 46510Attachment 46511Attachment 46512

shillelagh 17-01-2015 12:46

3 Attachment(s)
more to come later ... but still to go shopping yet ... :p they've been took in the last hour ...

Eric 17-01-2015 15:29

3 Attachment(s)
Washing the Cat.

Damn dog stole my bear.

Had friends over last nite ... don't try to fly a helicopter when you've been drinking.

Less 17-01-2015 15:33

Just a quick thank you to those sane enough to brighten our days with their little snippets of real life. :)

Margaret Pilkington 17-01-2015 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1129962)
Washing the Cat.

Damn dog stole my bear.

Had friends over last nite ... don't try to fly a helicopter when you've been drinking.

Awwww! I thought the dog had stolen your beer...must get to Specsavers!

DaveinGermany 17-01-2015 17:38

5 Attachment(s)
First time over the border to Holland this year, Almelo was to be our destination of choice. :)

The "Koornmarkt" - A couple of the Church spires from the many around the Town x2 - Looking up the "Grootestraat" & a misplaced municipality? - I kid you not, a converted "Nick" is now a posh Hotel.

davemac 17-01-2015 21:30

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, today its cold, snowing, hail stoning, and a bit of sunshine in the mix, so where do we go today.....high up a hill around Musbury Heights.

1. That's the destination on the right.
2. Looking back at Calf Hey Reservoir.
3. The Sherpas have gone on ahead to strike camp at the peak.
4. The remains of an old weavers cottage, empty since the reservoir was built.
5. Life on the edge can be a trial.
6. Almost at the peak, and stone walls are in abundance as it was quarried just yards away.
7. Here we are, at the business end of the industry that once rules this region.
8. Not sure why they built these walls rather than just remove the ground to level the site.
9. After traversing the top of Musbury Heights we descended back down to reservoir.
10. Ravaged by the festive seasons weather the baubles look rather sad.

and with that it was time to return to the car, now that is another story, with snow still on the ground and an uphill slope, the front wheel drive proved to be a slip sliding experience. We had visions of having to rub two boy scouts together to create a spark to light a fire to put up the bat signal. We eventually managed to get out by reversing up the slope slowly, something to bear in mind next time

maxthecollie 17-01-2015 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1130022)
Today in Pictures, today its cold, snowing, hail stoning, and a bit of sunshine in the mix, so where do we go today.....high up a hill around Musbury Heights.

1. That's the destination on the right.
2. Looking back at Calf Hey Reservoir.
3. The Sherpas have gone on ahead to strike camp at the peak.
4. The remains of an old weavers cottage, empty since the reservoir was built.
5. Life on the edge can be a trial.
6. Almost at the peak, and stone walls are in abundance as it was quarried just yards away.
7. Here we are, at the business end of the industry that once rules this region.
8. Not sure why they built these walls rather than just remove the ground to level the site.
9. After traversing the top of Musbury Heights we descended back down to reservoir.
10. Ravaged by the festive seasons weather the baubles look rather sad.

and with that it was time to return to the car, now that is another story, with snow still on the ground and an uphill slope, the front wheel drive proved to be a slip sliding experience. We had visions of having to rub two boy scouts together to create a spark to light a fire to put up the bat signal. We eventually managed to get out by reversing up the slope slowly, something to bear in mind next time

What were the roads like around there Dave ? Where did you park?

davemac 17-01-2015 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1130026)
What were the roads like around there Dave ? Where did you park?

There was a covering of snow although Grane Road had been salted, we parked on the car park adjacent to calf hey reservoir, its on the right just past the clough head car park. Its normaly a pay station car park but the machine has been "bagged" since christmas. No salt had been put down on this narrow road and everyone was skidding on the way out, apart from those smug looking people with 4 wheeled drive cars.

shillelagh 17-01-2015 23:20

10 Attachment(s)
I wouldn't have dared to ask anyone to take me up there today ...

heres the rest of em from yesterday ... had a discussion with the spugster about one of these .. I said it was a blue tit I thought it was .. he said no its not .. and sent me the link to prove me wrong it was a great tit ..