Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

susie123 19-07-2012 22:33

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1003661)
7) A Beatles wig growing on a tree.
8) a yellow flower that i suspect may be the precursor to the wig

Though so Margaret, that's a Clematis tangutica, not really wild, could be a garden escape. I had one in my last garden, it went bananas, ground level to covering over the back gate in no time flat, had to cut it back really hard so we could go in and out! Very pretty though, haven't managed to establish one here.

BBC - Gardening: Plant Finder - Clematis

davemac 19-07-2012 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1003661)
Along the towpath after tea this evening...and Spindles came too.....Miss BD went home and did some baking.
More bugs again.....see Dave you started something here.
1) canal side flora.....cow parsley, hogweed......it seems that these plants are difficult to identify
2) Canal side flora, with a visitor...which I didn't notice when I was taking the shot.
3) more of those flowers.
4) reflections on the still water.
5) One of them thur rings(spindles sptted this one - I owe him 50pence!
6)Clover
7) A Beatles wig growing on a tree.
8) a yellow flower that i suspect may be the precursor to the wig
9) Baby snail, hiding in the grass...well, it could hardly make a dash for it!
10) Grown up snail with a damaged shell.....maybe it was thrown by an irate gardener.

i have to admit I didn't notice the damaged shell until I put the pics up on the computer.

Mrs P. your technique, and dare I say, fearless approach has come on leaps and bounds with the new camera. That dint on the snails shell is with getting to close with the camera.

susie123 19-07-2012 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1003680)
I was shooting on the move so didnt have a lot of time, its probably going to get to Saturday before I can have a proper walk.

What were you doing in the park at that time of night - there aren't any red lights...

Only joking superb shots.

Margaret Pilkington 19-07-2012 22:42

1 Attachment(s)
It must have been the eight year old boy I had with me too...he likes bugs, beetles worms, snails...he thinks they're cute(!)...so I had to pretend I was fearless....and it nearly worked until he blew on a thistle and disturbed those mirin bugs......I don't know if they fly...but I legged it before I could find out.
I needed eyes up my BTM to make sure he was not up to mischief.

Here is one of him climbing the gate at the top of Hygiene...as you can see I have been fettling.

davemac 19-07-2012 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1003683)
What were you doing in the park at that time of night - there aren't any red lights...

Only joking superb shots.

Its the only time I get to go out in my Batman suit, fighting evil wherever I find it, in my quest for righteousness, and true justice............ok nurse I'll get back in bed.

davemac 19-07-2012 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1003684)
It must have been the eight year old boy I had with me too...he likes bugs, beetles worms, snails...he thinks they're cute(!)...so I had to pretend I was fearless....and it nearly worked until he blew on a thistle and disturbed those mirin bugs......I don't know if they fly...but I legged it before I could find out.
I needed eyes up my BTM to make sure he was not up to mischief.

Here is one of him climbing the gate at the top of Hygiene...as you can see I have been fettling.

Now thats something I've not seen before, colour removal, I will have to invstigate this one.

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2012 06:57

PM me if you want some tips Dave........it makes for a bit of a change.

davemac 20-07-2012 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1003696)
PM me if you want some tips Dave........it makes for a bit of a change.

I have seen it before when I think back , it was one of your flicker photos with a tree, on holiday I think.

You will have to explain how you did it next time we meet.

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2012 10:04

I did that one with Piknic...an editing program that was attached to flickr...this was done with Photoscape......easy peasy...and looks effective(well, I think it does anyway).

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2012 14:59

9 Attachment(s)
Today on my little walk I was accompanied by four intrepid explorers.......doing a bug hunt...something they have been assigned to do in the holidays by the school.
I was a bit nervous about taking four tinlids along the canal bank....I extracted a promise from all of them that they would do exactly as they were asked. The consequences of a failure to comply would be that we would turn back.
Here are some of the pictures of the walk.
1) Looking in nooks and crannies - a spiders web sprinkled with dew.
2) barging down the leeds and Liverpool.
3) the lady gave us a wave.
4) Drake on a swimming platform...it's an old pallet really
5) ducks having a feeding frenzy......a bit of old carpet must have been harbouring something good to eat.
6) fat Rose hips on a dog rose bush.
the next three are a bee on a thistle.

maxthecollie 20-07-2012 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1003762)
Today on my little walk I was accompanied by four intrepid explorers.......doing a bug hunt...something they have been assigned to do in the holidays by the school.
I was a bit nervous about taking four tinlids along the canal bank....I extracted a promise from all of them that they would do exactly as they were asked. The consequences of a failure to comply would be that we would turn back.
Here are some of the pictures of the walk.

Where's the pics of the bugs?

Margaret Pilkington 20-07-2012 15:30

We only saw some mirin bugs and as I posted pics of those yesterday...today I didn't bother to snap them...no ladybirds, no butterflies, only the single bee......a snail, and that was about it

davemac 20-07-2012 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1003736)
I did that one with Piknic...an editing program that was attached to flickr...this was done with Photoscape......easy peasy...and looks effective(well, I think it does anyway).

Its a nice effect with the right photo, I wasn't aware that photoscape did that, will have a look and wait for the right photo to come along

jaysay 20-07-2012 18:05

Although I can contribute to this thread, its great just to come on every day and look at whats happening in the big wide world, some great photos guys keep up the good work

davemac 20-07-2012 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1003787)
Although I can contribute to this thread, its great just to come on every day and look at whats happening in the big wide world, some great photos guys keep up the good work

You don't have to post photos, just tell us what you think from time to time so we know we are "hitting the spot" and if you have an area you would like to see, let us know and perhaps a walk in that direction might be a possibility.