Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 22-07-2012 19:47

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1004179)
Well the deed is done... and it's your fault Frank! :rolleyes:

I have ordered a new camera -
Olympus VR-340 Smart 3D Camera Red 16MP 10xZoom 3.0LCD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's the same as the one Frank has just got though goes by a different model number for some reason.

It's red... yes I know but I'm a girl (well was once) and it matches my laptop - no not my eyes! :eek:

Frightening how easy it is - just one click and I've got camera, case, spare battery and memory card on the way. Whoopee!

I got mine at Comet roughly the same price

davemac 22-07-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1004198)
After the storm -blessed rain at last!

Wasn't quick enough to catch neighbours 16 yr old son out bare-foot, just wearing shorts, arms raised to the skies in the rain!!!!!

Tried to capture some droplets "alla Dave" -begin to think my camera isn't good enough...:rolleyes: either that or the one who's using it!:D

Its just practice, and getting lucky with the droplets, and the light in the right direction. We get plenty of time to practice.

susie123 22-07-2012 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1004202)
Now that you have done the deed, you have raised the bar on what we expect. You will have to do a portfolio of Morecambe sea front as a start point.

I'll have to find some flowers and wickthings on the prom - might not be easy.

susie123 22-07-2012 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1004205)
I got mine at Comet roughly the same price

Had a look at the Comet website earlier - not a singe Olympus camera to be seen, and I can't get to their store.

If I go through a special link on their website, by buying it at Amazon I am benefiting the funds of a choral society I used to belong to before I moved up here so I like to use them if the price is right.

maxthecollie 22-07-2012 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1004224)
Had a look at the Comet website earlier - not a singe Olympus camera to be seen, and I can't get to their store.

If I go through a special link on their website, by buying it at Amazon I am benefiting the funds of a choral society I used to belong to before I moved up here so I like to use them if the price is right.

Sorry Susie I'm having a senior moment. It was pc.cworld.

susie123 22-07-2012 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1004226)
Sorry Susie I'm having a senior moment. It was pc.cworld.

Gotcha... but they don't have a red one... :(

maxthecollie 22-07-2012 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1004230)
Gotcha... but they don't have a red one... :(

Sorry about that you'll have to paint it

susie123 22-07-2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1004232)
Sorry about that you'll have to paint it

No I won't - I hope the one that's coming from Amazon will be the right colour!

Margaret Pilkington 22-07-2012 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1004200)
I nearly got it right, I used a nettle and hummed.

Ouch.......I have a big tub of sudocrem here, do you want some for your BTM?(I'm not rubbing it on though :D)

Dianne nothing wrong with those pics......lovely.

Sue we are expecting great things from you now you are sorted...it looks a very neat bit of kit.
And if I know Amazon it won't be long before it arrives.

shillelagh 22-07-2012 22:06

7 Attachment(s)
here you go susie .. as promised the baby sunflowers and my gardener :D:D:D

susie123 22-07-2012 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1004259)
here you go susie .. as promised the baby sunflowers and my gardener :D:D:D

Should be good in a few weeks if they all keep growing and the gardener doesn't pull them up instead of the weeds...

shillelagh 22-07-2012 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1004262)
Should be good in a few weeks if they all keep growing and the gardener doesn't pull them up instead of the weeds...

the gardener was threatened with death if he did ... so he didnt .. :D:D:D plus he had me supervising ... :D:D:D tho as you can see my brother took over the supervising ... :D:D:D

katex 23-07-2012 13:59

1 Attachment(s)
These are out at the moment ... one of my favourites.

Love some of the 'myths' behind the naming of this flower. I must have a sick sense of humour .... found myself having to cross my legs when I read this one ..... :D:D

'In 15th-century Germany, it was supposed that the wearers of the flower would not be forgotten by their lovers. Legend has it that in medieval times, a knight and his lady were walking along the side of a river. He picked a posy of flowers, but because of the weight of his armour he fell into the river. As he was drowning he threw the posy to his loved one and shouted "Forget-me-not." It was often worn by ladies as a sign of faithfulness and enduring love.'

I know out of focus. :(

Attachment 22886

Margaret Pilkington 23-07-2012 14:32

there are loads of these growing on the canal bank Kate....but I daren't pick them...I'm afraid of ending up in the drink...and I don't have Davemacs inflatable underpants :D

susie123 23-07-2012 15:30

3 Attachment(s)
Today in pictures... I'm being silly...