Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 28-07-2012 12:13

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1005536)
Nice collection from very different locations, I'm a mangle man myself, followed by the grindstone.

So you like to get mangled and go for a grind do you Dave?

susie123 28-07-2012 16:52

10 Attachment(s)
Finally got some pics with my new camera that are worthy of keeping rather than deleting. Still only up to page 24/77 in the manual!

Sorry it's the same old clouds and roofscape taken through window with varying degrees of zoom. Not much to photograph when you're in the house, not going out, don't want to risk infection as due for more chemo on Monday.
The first three are 10.30 this morning, rest about 4.30, we had some rain in between!

The last two, life is just a... yes I know I've eaten most of them!

Pic 8, you can see my camera is red from the reflection in the window!

maxthecollie 28-07-2012 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1005629)
Finally got some pics with my new camera that are worthy of keeping rather than deleting. Still only up to page 24/77 in the manual!

Sorry it's the same old clouds and roofscape taken through window with varying degrees of zoom. Not much to photograph when you're in the house, not going out, don't want to risk infection as due for more chemo on Monday.
The first three are 10.30 this morning, rest about 4.30, we had some rain in between!

I haven't read the instructions for my camera yet , I just take it out and use it. I'll read the instructions when something goes wrong, that's the way I do things. I use my SLR Camera for most things. Will post some later

susie123 28-07-2012 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1005632)
I haven't read the instructions for my camera yet , I just take it out and use it. I'll read the instructions when something goes wrong, that's the way I do things. I use my SLR Camera for most things. Will post some later

Typical man, my other half's just the same!

This new one is very similar to my old camera but I never read the manual for that as my other half got the camera from France with a French manual. It wasn't till I downloaded it last week in English that I discovered things I never knew about! And I've had it five years! So now I'm starting with the manual...

maxthecollie 28-07-2012 17:54

9 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23114 Attachment 23115 Attachment 23116 Attachment 23117Attachment 23118Attachment 23119Attachment 23120Attachment 23121Attachment 23122
Short walk today from our house up Sandy Lane past Higher Brox Farm, Spire Farm and back down Plantation Road
1 Maxwell
2 Horses in field
3 More Max
4 Spire Farm
5 View over Accy from Spire Farm
6 Horse in Stable
7 Babling Brook
9 The foundations of Arden Hall after the archealogists had finished

davemac 28-07-2012 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1005551)
So you like to get mangled and go for a grind do you Dave?

You can buy them at B. & Q. in the electrical section, mangelgrinders are very popular at the moment

davemac 28-07-2012 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1005629)

I can see a lot of masts on ships, are they stored, repaired?

susie123 28-07-2012 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1005639)
I can see a lot of masts on ships, are they stored, repaired?

Ships?? I see no ships!!
It's the yacht club storage yard, they take them out to the little house on stilts where they start the races every weekend.

The big grey shed is where they used to keep the hovercraft lifeboat until they built a new home for it right on the beach last year.

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2012 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1005635)
Typical man, my other half's just the same!

This new one is very similar to my old camera but I never read the manual for that as my other half got the camera from France with a French manual. It wasn't till I downloaded it last week in English that I discovered things I never knew about! And I've had it five years! So now I'm starting with the manual...

I'm like that too......If I want to know how to do something that I don't usually do, I consult the manual, but othter than that I fly by the seat of my pants....life's too damn short to read the manual.

davemac 28-07-2012 18:22

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures. A walk around the perimeter of Dean Clough Reservoirs.

1. Start point lay-by on Blackburn Old Road. down through the woods the the reservoirs.
2. The wet stuff in sight.
3. we've been out 5 mins and he is black and stinks.
4. I don't think they are speaking, ebony and ivory working together in harmony.
5. Round the bottom of the res. and up the other side.
6. A bit of an arty tree shot.
7. Both res's in view.
8. Back down the other side.
9. Stood on the separation bank between the two bodies of water. Looking towards Pendle Hill.
10. There he goes running up the hill, and leaving me behind.

maxthecollie 28-07-2012 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1005642)

1. Start point lay-by on Blackburn Old Road. down through the woods the the reservoirs.
4. I don't think they are speaking, ebony and ivory working together in harmony.
7. Both res's in view.
9. Stood on the separation bank between the two bodies of water. Looking towards Pendle Hill.

We haven't been round that way with Max yet .We used to go quite often with our last dog Gyp

susie123 28-07-2012 18:27

Quote:

A stinkypoo rather than a cockerpoo!

maxthecollie 28-07-2012 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1005645)

That must be the Cocker side of him playing in the mud.

davemac 28-07-2012 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1005644)
We haven't been round that way with Max yet .We used to go quite often with our last dog Gyp

Its a nice walk, circular so you end up back at the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1005645)

I wouldn't have put it in those terms, but the poo bit is correct.

maxthecollie 28-07-2012 18:31

Quote:

7. Both res's in view.

Where's tomorrow's walk, Dave . We are waiting for the weather forecast and we will follow the sun.