Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

susie123 31-07-2012 15:07

Re: Today in pictures

Gremlin, those photos are brilliant, especially the first and last.

Don't think we have a moon in Morecambe any more. Haven't seen it for days. Or should that be nights?

katex 31-07-2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1006088)
We have also had some torsions of the intestine but generally if the cows get this they go to be butchered - very sad. :D

Eeew hek, glad I didn't go for butchering ... :eek:

Loved your 'photos and subsequent post of the farm, Mobertol, a good and interesting insight into someone's life.

davemac 31-07-2012 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1006106)
After looking at the pictures of the moon I thought I would try to get some shots of it.

I looked every where for it but couldn't see it. I know it was about because Davemac had just posted a photo of it, I also knew where it should be.

After while I took a few snaps of things in the sky and just as I was about to get back to my beer the moon came rolling down the roof of a house a hundred yards away. It must have been hiding behind the chimney stack.

nice sky shots, how do you get the birds to look like birds, mine look like smudges

davemac 31-07-2012 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1006101)
Lancaster continued...

1 The Town Hall clock
2 Plaque on the A6 bridge over the canal
3 Looking down on the canal from the A6 bridge, hospital behind
4 The canal basin with a rather nice footbridge
5 The A6 bridge from the canal
6 Seat on the canal basin. I would have fallen in if I'd gone any further back!
7 Not mush room under here- mooring bracket on the canal side. Sorry Marg you've made the same joke on Flickr!
8 Nice name for a leisure boat
9 Not far to go from your boat if yo want to do some DIY...
10 Going into town now - nice pub in the main street, no didn't stop, was tempted

More tomorrow...

Sorry just noticed posted from the wrong set of photos... a couple of those should have been cropped - using new software - does all sorts of silly things.

Nice collection, those canal shots look like a cared for stretch of water, with a bit of cash spent on some seats. The seats around here are either at ground level and your legs go out horizontally, or they are overgrown and you get your nuptials nettled.

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2012 19:39

6 Attachment(s)
I went out half hearted today.....it was grey and there was a hint of rain in the air...yes, I am one of those fair weather photographers.
I normally take between 30 and 40 pics...today a paltry 14 and 5 of those were dire enough to require deletion....anyway...these are my offerings for today.
All in all, a right load of old bowls.

davemac 31-07-2012 19:40

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, I'm easily distracted.

1. Went for some walking boots, noticed this on the hillside, lost 45 minutes somewhere.
2. When you said, my house would be heated by the sun......I sort of thought........ solar panels,........... not roof tile reduction.
3. Berries on a Berberis.
4. Olympic seat scandal stretches to a friendly at Mercer Park.
5. Common Knapweed, a subject for colour isolation I think.
6. Grass seed head with a wickthing. thats the scientific name for a creepy crawly.
7. wers me dog.
8. Oh there he is.
9. Grass seed head this time bearing pollen......wers me anky.
10. This is the famous frog hopper, it resides in cuckoo spit earlier on in the year.

davemac 31-07-2012 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1006177)
I went out half hearted today.....it was grey and there was a hint of rain in the air...yes, I am one of those fair weather photographers.
I normally take between 30 and 40 pics...today a paltry 14 and 5 of those were dire enough to require deletion....anyway...these are my offerings for today.
All in all, a right load of old bowls.

I don't believe it were we at opposite corners taking photos ?

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2012 19:45

I came home from Ma's the other day with one of those frog hopper things on my jacket. You know how I said I had cured my insectophobia?
I lied......I nearly set myself on fire trying to get my jacket off......I was that fast...chucked the jacket into the yard...frog hopper bug too.....beat the said jacket with a fly swat.....then got himself to check if the bug had gone. Not so brave when they are on my person.

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2012 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006180)
I don't believe it were we at opposite corners taking photos ?

I never saw you. Were you avoiding me:D?
Took my pics at about ten minutes to two...just checked the exif data.

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2012 19:52

Dave, I think your berberis is berberis darwinii...the berries and the leaves are poisonous

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2012 19:56

Well unless you believe Wikipedia...it says the berries are edible and rich in Vitamin C...I think I'll stick to oranges for my vitamin C.

Sue will know.......till then I'm not trying them.

davemac 31-07-2012 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1006182)
I never saw you. Were you avoiding me:D?
Took my pics at about ten minutes to two...just checked the exif data.

just looked at mine 3 minutes past 3. I wasn't avoiding you, I was stalking.:bingobang

If you treat those frog hoppers like tiddley winks they vanish at the speed of light. Just touch the back end, you wont see it move, its that quick

susie123 31-07-2012 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006167)
Nice collection, those canal shots look like a cared for stretch of water, with a bit of cash spent on some seats. The seats around here are either at ground level and your legs go out horizontally, or they are overgrown and you get your nuptials nettled.

Well it is in town, and well used and with lots of posh flats close by. And on the LH bank just round the corner at the end of the footbridge is a fantastic pub with lots of seats outside.

Like your shots today esp the grass and knapweed - and Bob of course! Haven't tried any closeup shots yet - have to go looking for some long grass in the cemetery at the back.

Margaret Pilkington 31-07-2012 19:59

Believe me....I won't be taking any chances with them. I don't want 'em close to me.
I want something between me and them...and yes......I know my jacket was between us, but I didn't like it on me...the frog hopper...not the jacket.

davemac 31-07-2012 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1006184)
Dave, I think your berberis is berberis darwinii...the berries and the leaves are poisonous

you are correct, it is darwinii, if you look at the out of focus background you will see the derilict farmhouse that I spent 45 minutes climbing up, over, through, and under.