Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 02-08-2012 10:15

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1006446)
The lads just policing the site as he sees it, it's a thankless job he's doing but you'd be the first to want him do do something if you thought you'd been unfairly dealt with. Just accept things & stop being so petulant about it.

You are calling it petulance, I would say I was pointing out the situation to a new poster, with, I would like to think is a bit of brevity, as I have already adhered to the recommendations of the moderator, this is an indication that I have accepted the imposed rules, and moved on. Although they were imposed after two months on this thread.

I am entitled to my say and my opinion, and to express it on this forum, should Mick the moderator not agree, he can take this up with me, and does not require any imput from yourself.

susie123 02-08-2012 13:28

10 Attachment(s)
Some more from my day in Lancaster with the new camera, hope I'm not boring you.

1 An alley off the main street. The dome just visible over the far roof is the top of the Ashton Memorial, high on the edge of town
2 The Town Hall clock, with grey sky
3 The church with the bright yellow doors. Looks even more startling when the middle one is closed too
4 Edward the Seventh post box in the churchyard wall - for you, Dianne
5 The churchyard wall has some lovely stone textures and lots of things growing on it
6 It also has modern additions
7 The church from street level
8 Ferns growing on the churchyard wall - Dave you posted a similar pic yesterday but I beat you to it - took mine Monday!
9 I love the stonework of this building...
10 And its lonely chimney!

mobertol 02-08-2012 13:40

10 Attachment(s)
I haven't been out today bad throat and a temperature:(

To brighten the day I went through my pics having a look at flowers:thankya:

Margaret Pilkington 02-08-2012 13:45

hope you are feeling better soon Dianne.
Lovely pics.

mobertol 02-08-2012 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1006562)
hope you are feeling better soon Dianne.
Lovely pics.

Thank-you! Having a temp. when it's scorching hot is the pits! (Moan,moan...)

Forgot to mention my attempts at taking photos of the moon - obviously just not my thing, all out of focus and un-impressive. Only result was that I opened the mosquito nets at the window to take them and the house filled with the little blighters -husband was cursing me all evening as they feast on him.
Having blue-blood myself i am never attacked by them (it's either that or they don't like the taste of me):D

Margaret Pilkington 02-08-2012 16:38

6 Attachment(s)
Only been on the canal bank...did mean to go further, but I stopped for a natter with a lady(we haven't met before - but the canal bank seems to be a very sociable place) and then it came on to rain so I headed back home.
Nothing exciting...just same old, same old.
1) Do ducks have cats naps? Don't be silly - they have Duck naps
2) A very dozy BIG bee - at least I hope it was just dozy, and not dying.
3) A Water boatman - looked like it was skating on the surface of the water
4) A duckling.
5) In the Red Corner - well it IS a flyweight contest.(help, I think the olympics are getting to me)
6) Swan - playing hide and seek in the overhanging branches of a tree.

davemac 02-08-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1006557)
Some more from my day in Lancaster with the new camera, hope I'm not boring you.

1 An alley off the main street. The dome just visible over the far roof is the top of the Ashton Memorial, high on the edge of town
2 The Town Hall clock, with grey sky
3 The church with the bright yellow doors. Looks even more startling when the middle one is closed too
4 Edward the Seventh post box in the churchyard wall - for you, Dianne
5 The churchyard wall has some lovely stone textures and lots of things growing on it
6 It also has modern additions
7 The church from street level
8 Ferns growing on the churchyard wall - Dave you posted a similar pic yesterday but I beat you to it - took mine Monday!
9 I love the stonework of this building...
10 And its lonely chimney!

Some atmospheric buildings there, if that wheelie bin wasn't there in picture 1. you would be hard pressed to date the picture.

susie123 02-08-2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006627)
Some atmospheric buildings there, if that wheelie bin wasn't there in picture 1. you would be hard pressed to date the picture.

Yes, I like buildings, they're my favourite subject. My dad was an architect and surveyor so it's in the blood, and Lancaster is quite well supplied with good examples.

Think it was bin day in that alley. I've another pic with binman as well.

Actually looking at the pic again, the double yellow lines rather date it!

davemac 02-08-2012 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1006559)
I haven't been out today bad throat and a temperature:(

To brighten the day I went through my pics having a look at flowers:thankya:

being ill has worked in our favour, more picture postings, but hope it passes soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1006597)
Only been on the canal bank...did mean to go further, but I stopped for a natter with a lady(we haven't met before - but the canal bank seems to be a very sociable place) and then it came on to rain so I headed back home.
Nothing exciting...just same old, same old.
1) Do ducks have cats naps? Don't be silly - they have Duck naps
2) A very dozy BIG bee - at least I hope it was just dozy, and not dying.
3) A Water boatman - looked like it was skating on the surface of the water
4) A duckling.
5) In the Red Corner - well it IS a flyweight contest.(help, I think the olympics are getting to me)
6) Swan - playing hide and seek in the overhanging branches of a tree.

In number 1 that duck is just having a reflective moment. I have noticed you are posting more wickthings now, keep up the effort.

davemac 02-08-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1006628)
Yes, I like buildings, they're my favourite subject. My dad was an architect and surveyor so it's in the blood, and Lancaster is quite well supplied with good examples.

Think it was bin day in that alley. I've another pic with binman as well.

Actually looking at the pic again, the double yellow lines rather date it!

Never noticed the lines, your eyes move through the tunnel, but now you mentioned it.

davemac 02-08-2012 18:14

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, A walk in the woods again.

1. Spring Wood, the start point.
2. A totem of Trametes fungi.
3. Off track, and going through Brambles and Ferns.
4. My guess is Dead Mans Fingers fungi, but it is just a guess, will look it up later.
5. Fruiting body of the moss.
6. Waddington Fell, looking over the top of Whalley.
7. I can see my house from here.
8. No bigger than a match head, I think its a fungi.
9. Man made pond in the centre of the woods.
10. Another fungi, this time no bigger than a pin head, possibly coral spot.

davemac 02-08-2012 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1006451)
Here are some of the photos from Liverpool
as you will tell by the look on Annes face the ferry trip was a bit rough:D
Sorry about the steam train it came thundering through Preston station it was only when anne shouted i realised it was there.:D

Thanks for joining in, don't be a stranger with your postings.

DaveinGermany 02-08-2012 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006410)
it probably was, there isnt a filter for the number of photos, we have a mick the moderator who will send you to your room if you post too many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006512)
You are calling it petulance, (yes I am) I would say I was pointing out the situation to a new poster, with, I would like to think is a bit of brevity, as I have already adhered to the recommendations (count again my friend try yesterdays posts) of the moderator, this is an indication that I have accepted the imposed rules, and moved on. Although they were imposed after two months on this thread.

I am entitled to my say and my opinion, (you certainly are, as am I) and to express it on this forum, should Mick the moderator not agree, he can take this up with me, and does not require any imput (not input fella, opinion, same as you ;)) from yourself.

You'll note there are some bold highlighted sentences I picked out in your text, comments that I'd say are superfluous & not exactly correct in their inference, so I'd deem them petulant. I've no intention of getting into a disputation over the matter with you on this as I do try to get along with the folk on here.

Now then, as far as I'm concerned the matter is at an end, we're entitled to our "opinions" & in this case we're vastly divergent. I won't take up any more valuable space debating the semantics on here & bringing tedium to other folk, so if you'd like to present your case further, (personally I'd prefer to let it lie) we can head on over to the PM system. :)

susie123 02-08-2012 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006632)
Never noticed the lines, your eyes move through the tunnel, but now you mentioned it.

Yes, the shot really makes your eyes move up towards the light, and the bin gives it some focus. If you look on the RHS I think there were lines there till they crudely covered them up with tarmac. At least you can now park a car on one side!! :rolleyes:

Love that totem pole -you're really getting stuck in to your fungi! If you find a puffball in a field, let me have some - really nice eating if they're fresh.

Margaret Pilkington 02-08-2012 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006630)
In number 1 that duck is just having a reflective moment. I have noticed you are posting more wickthings now, keep up the effort.

I think they are seeking me out. I can't really say I go looking for them.......they are just there.
Well, Miss BD wanted a picture of a pond skater(to go in 'What I saw on my Holidays' file, for school) I hope the water boatman and the pondskater are either the same or very similar(so that one can be interchanged with the other, without anyone noticing).
We still have butterflies to find.......I have a range of bees...both in size and colours...fat ones and thin ones, furry ones and ones that aren't so furry.....snails too.
These pics will be printed out for her when she goes back to school and she will present them at an achievement assembly - she has to find out about them and write them up....so she will be doing some work.

Holidays...with work attached, but work that sounds like fun.....that is how to dress up learning.