Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

davemac 08-08-2012 12:08

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1007885)
Dave that photo of the abandoned building is very evocative - could be an illustration for the Brontes - or a mad scientist...

Hemp Agrimony - haven't seen that for a while - used to have it in my last garden. Good for butterflies.

I have not walked around the building before, but found a path that saved me climbing over barbed wire, so couldn't resist a mooch.

I had not come across the Hemp Agrimony before on the canal, so had to look it up, no butterflies though, perhaps as it opens fully

mobertol 08-08-2012 14:10

10 Attachment(s)
A selection from a walk round the farm this morning - showing some of the architecture of the old farm ( built 1700's) there are an amazing number of arches -must have taken some building.

There's a photo of one of our Border Collies for Max -she is grey and white with pale blue eyes, she's called Chicca(pronounced Keeka!) -is this a pecularity or is a part of the breed like this -her mother is identical.

The first solar panels went on this morning and I took a few other shots of interest including an old grape vine and some grapes (love the shadows on the photo of the grapes, wonderful leaf shape!), an old bell and finally our two cute donkeys for DiG!!:D

cashman 08-08-2012 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1007916)
Can we expect any photos of yours, or are you not into photography, either way glad you like the thread, and keep contributing if only to comment on photos.

Seem to recall Kestrelx used to post the occasional photo way back, so yeh never know?:confused: great thread by the way.

susie123 08-08-2012 14:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1007926)
A selection from a walk round the farm this morning - showing some of the architecture of the old farm ( built 1700's) there are an amazing number of arches -must have taken some building.

There's a photo of one of our Border Collies for Max -she is grey and white with pale blue eyes, she's called Chicca(pronounced Keeka!) -is this a pecularity or is a part of the breed like this -her mother is identical.

The first solar panels went on this morning and I took a few other shots of interest including an old grape vine and some grapes (love the shadows on the photo of the grapes, wonderful leaf shape!), an old bell and finally our two cute donkeys for DiG!!:D

A nice range of pics today Dianne! that first one looks more like a monastery than a farm!

Your collie is known as a merle, that's the term for that sort of coat colour, it's a genetic thing, can be blue, red or other colours I think and it affects eye colour as well.

Merle (dog coat) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I first came across one a few years ago up here, it was a red one, very unusual, and I don't know if you remember me posting pics from dog agility trials a few weeks ago, there were quite a few there. I think they are becoming more popular.

Here's a pic from the dog trials of a red merle collie.

mobertol 08-08-2012 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1007930)
A nice range of pics today Dianne! that first one looks more like a monastery than a farm!

Your collie is known as a merle, that's the term for that sort of coat colour, it's a genetic thing, can be blue, red or other colours I think and it affects eye colour as well.

Merle (dog coat) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I first came across one a few years ago up here, it was a red one, very unusual, and I don't know if you remember me posting pics from dog agility trials a few weeks ago, there were quite a few there. I think they are becoming more popular.

Here's a pic from the dog trials of a red merle collie.

Thanks for that Sue -so Chicca is a blue merle! (Nicer than the red one I think) She is a lovely sweet dog and very friendly. Doesn't seem to be deaf either which I read is frequently a problem for these kinds of dogs.

maxthecollie 08-08-2012 17:08

4 Attachment(s)
These are some pics I took last week.
Attachment 23607 Attachment 23608 Attachment 23609 Attachment 23610

susie123 08-08-2012 17:30

Frank, we've got loads of goldfinches in our garden but they just won't stay still long enough to be snapped! Lovely picture.

susie123 08-08-2012 17:38

Quote:

finally our two cute donkeys for DiG!!:D

Dianne and Dave don't know if either of you will be able to access this clip but just found this video of a giant donkey!

BBC News - Huge donkey welcomed at Lincolnshire animal sancturary

maxthecollie 08-08-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1007948)
Frank, we've got loads of goldfinches in our garden but they just won't stay still long enough to be snapped! Lovely picture.

I had to wait ages for that shot .It was taken with my 300mm lens.

kestrelx 08-08-2012 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1007916)
Can we expect any photos of yours, or are you not into photography, either way glad you like the thread, and keep contributing if only to comment on photos.

Yes I have a Fujifilm S8100 with 18x zoom but not been very enthusiastic this last year - here is video I made on it on my wildlife You Tube channel, with the highest amount of views...

swan attack dog - YouTube

It's a good camera but lacking as no zoom when using the video function. :)

DaveinGermany 08-08-2012 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1007950)
video of a giant donkey!

Says it all really, from the States, Texas no less & she's called Ellie May, typical spams, everything has to be bigger, better, longer ...... :D

susie123 08-08-2012 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1007957)
Yes I have a Fujifilm S8100 with 18x zoom but not been very enthusiastic this last year - here is video I made on it on my wildlife You Tube channel, with the highest amount of views...
It's a good camera but lacking as no zoom when using the video function. :)

Nice one Kes, I remember discovering your YouTube channel a couple of months ago...

davemac 08-08-2012 19:56

3 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, minimal amount today due to BIG shop day, I did go out, but not much to see.

1. Start point.
2. & 3. laying eggs in the water.

That is the best I could manage today with my large curriculum..............

davemac 08-08-2012 19:59

Quote:

Some very photogenic structures there, you must give us more

kestrelx 08-08-2012 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1007994)
Today in Pictures, minimal amount today due to BIG shop day, I did go out, but not much to see.

1. Start point.
2. & 3. laying eggs in the water.

That is the best I could manage today with my large curriculum..............

Have you ever entered "Country File" photo competition?:rolleyes: