Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2012 21:33

Re: Today in pictures

2 Attachment(s)
I didn't take any pics today.
But I have been photoscaping...here is my latest effort.
1) the 'fiddled' with.
2) The original.
This is the metal detail on the back gate of All Saints church.

shillelagh 05-08-2012 00:14

7 Attachment(s)
heres mine from yesterday ... the frog made me jump ... came from out of nowhere and near enough landed on my trainer :D

mobertol 05-08-2012 07:20

Great selection of shots again from everybody yesterday -have just rinished an enjoyable peruse!

Particularly noteworthy Gremlin's chimneys and church and Max's close ups.

Nice walk again Dave -it's one we used to do on a sunday morning with dad many moon's ago!

davemac 05-08-2012 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1007248)
Great selection of shots again from everybody yesterday -have just rinished an enjoyable peruse!

Particularly noteworthy Gremlin's chimneys and church and Max's close ups.

Nice walk again Dave -it's one we used to do on a sunday morning with dad many moon's ago!

I have to agree, all contributers are upping the standard, and locations. Also they are trying different shots.

The Gt Harwood Trail is one I have only found recently, although I have done parts of it from other directions. One being parking on the Gamecock car park, and walking over the Nab into Whalley(this is a two car walk) via Cock Bridge, and Bowley Scout camp.

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2012 10:40

See what you started Dave? And isn't it pleasant to have a walk without leaving the chair(for those like Jaysay amd MargaretR - it must be a virtual breath of fresh air).We have travelled to Italy, Iceland(the country - not the shop). Morecambe and places nearer home, that perhaps we haven't ventured to ...and would not have seen if it had not been for your intrepid walking and soggy socks and the very lovable Bob.
Well Done that man.

davemac 05-08-2012 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1007305)
See what you started Dave? And isn't it pleasant to have a walk without leaving the chair(for those like Jaysay amd MargaretR - it must be a virtual breath of fresh air).We have travelled to Italy, Iceland(the country - not the shop). Morecambe and places nearer home, that perhaps we haven't ventured to ...and would not have seen if it had not been for your intrepid walking and soggy socks and the very lovable Bob.
Well Done that man.

I'm just glad that our readers are appreciative of all of our efforts, I couldn't have kept it going for so long on my own, and thank all the contributers and readers alike for sticking with it.

On the subject of wet socks, I enjoy the experience so much that I am now wetting my socks before I set off.

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2012 12:52

With tap water I hope :D...although the other stuff is supposed to be good for foot health...albeit a bit smelly.

mobertol 05-08-2012 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1007324)
I'm just glad that our readers are appreciative of all of our efforts, I couldn't have kept it going for so long on my own, and thank all the contributers and readers alike for sticking with it.

On the subject of wet socks, I enjoy the experience so much that I am now wetting my socks before I set off.

Beware "trench foot "-I believe it can be fatal!:D

susie123 05-08-2012 15:51

10 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1007305)
Well Done that man.

Margaret - I don't think we have been to Iceland yet... I have posted from Greenland and Norway but so far not from there. However - your wish is my command... here is a selection of pics from our trip in 2007... very touristy, we only had one full day so crammed in all the sights on a bus tour - now I want to go again...

1 The island of Surtsey, created by an undersea eruption in the sixties and a site of scientific interest
2 View over Reykjavik
3 Crater lake
4 A geysir... at Geysir
5 Closer up
6 Closer up still - that water's hot!
7 Quite a spectacle
8 General view of a steaming landscape
9 Going towards Gullfoss waterfall
10 The river and Gullfoss waterfall from above - the water is white because the river has come from the ice cap inland

More tomorrow

mobertol 05-08-2012 15:54

Wow! What and amazing place Sue. Love the geysirs and the ice water river.:)

susie123 05-08-2012 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1007345)
Wow! What and amazing place Sue. Love the geysirs and the ice water river.:)

It's stunning - all being well one day we would like to take our camper over there for an extended tour. The ferry timetable includes a two day stop in Faeroes as well so that's on the agenda too. When we went on the cruise in 2007 we didn't get to go there as there was a force 8 gale and we headed swiftly on but it did give us a night to explore Reykjavik as well as the whole of the following day to go on the tour.

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2012 16:10

I was just pre-empting your pics Sue...and aren't they spectacular?

susie123 05-08-2012 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1007348)
I was just pre-empting your pics Sue...and aren't they spectacular?

I think that's exactly the right word for Iceland Margaret - spectacular... but possibly not to everyone's taste. Though they do have warm water for soaking in... but I don't like my skin going all crinkly...

Blue Lagoon Iceland geothermal spa resort

davemac 05-08-2012 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1007344)
Margaret - I don't think we have been to Iceland yet... I have posted from Greenland and Norway but so far not from there. However - your wish is my command... here is a selection of pics from our trip in 2007... very touristy, we only had one full day so crammed in all the sights on a bus tour - now I want to go again...

1 The island of Surtsey, created by an undersea eruption in the sixties and a site of scientific interest
2 View over Reykjavik
3 Crater lake
4 A geysir... at Geysir
5 Closer up
6 Closer up still - that water's hot!
7 Quite a spectacle
8 General view of a steaming landscape
9 Going towards Gullfoss waterfall
10 The river and Gullfoss waterfall from above - the water is white because the river has come from the ice cap inland

More tomorrow

Amazing photos with the "beggar me" turned up to full. If I want to see a spout of water, I have to throw a brick in the cut.

susie123 05-08-2012 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1007355)
If I want to see a spout of water, I have to throw a brick in the cut.

Ha ha so long as it's not Bob...

You can't help but take amazing photos when you visit a place like that.