Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

maxthecollie 30-07-2012 20:24

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1006009)
What do you mean? :D

Susie is so sharp

susie123 30-07-2012 20:24

10 Attachment(s)
Was at the hosp in Lancaster all morning... then a short walk along the canal and down the hill into town for some shopping.

Although Richard works most of the time at the power station in Heysham the firm he works for has an office in a building right opposite the hospital so we can park there for free which saves on hospital car park fees and it's literally right opposite where I have to go.

There were some fantastic clouds today so quite a few shots of roofscapes and sky - just like when I'm at home really! Also in Lancaster it's difficult to get any shots without traffic in unless you're in the pedestrian area.

I took 95 pics today - should keep me going on here until the end of the week...

1 The building complex where Richard works sometimes - once a cotton mill then Storey's oilcloth works, historically one of Lancaster's main industries. This front bit was a Crimean War barracks later absorbed into the mill. Now marketed as "a dynamic urban village within a thriving, cultural city".

2 Hebe in a hospital flowerbed. There's a bee on there - there were a lot of them about but they wouldn't stay still for me

3 Gable on the hospital

4 The same building as 1 with lots of clouds. The road is the A6

5 Detail of building 1, nice bit of pseudo-Scottish baronial architecture

6 Leafy twigs growing from the trunk of a tree at the hospital, the door on the left is one I have been through many times in the last few months

7 Five ducks going nowhere in a hurry - on the canal at the side of the old mill complex

8 On the canal heading towards the A6 bridge

9 Meadowsweet and foliage by the canal

10 Cobbles on the path leading up to the A6 bridge

More tomorrow

maxthecollie 30-07-2012 20:25

1 Attachment(s)
It's getting nearer to C-L-M
Attachment 23231

maxthecollie 30-07-2012 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1006011)
Was at the hosp in Lancaster all morning... then a short walk along the canal and down the hill into town for some shopping.

Although Richard works most of the time at the power station in Heysham the firm he works for has an office in a building right opposite the hospital so we can park there for free which saves on hospital car park fees and it's literally right opposite where I have to go.

There were some fantastic clouds today so quite a few shots of roofscapes and sky - just like when I'm at home really! Also in Lancaster it's difficult to get any shots without traffic in unless you're in the pedestrian area.

I took 95 pics today - should keep me going on here until the end of the week...

1 The building complex where Richard works sometimes - once a cotton mill then Storey's oilcloth works, historically one of Lancaster's main industries. This front bit was a Crimean War barracks later absorbed into the mill. Now marketed as "a dynamic urban village within a thriving, cultural city".

2 Hebe in a hospital flowerbed. There's a bee on there - there were a lot of them about but they wouldn't stay still for me

3 Gable on the hospital

6 Leafy twigs growing from the trunk of a tree at the hospital, the door on the left is one I have been through many times in the last few months

7 Five ducks going nowhere in a hurry - on the canal at the side of the old mill complex

More tomorrow

Is this the new camera? Great shots

davemac 30-07-2012 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1006011)

3 Gable on the hospital

More tomorrow

nice selection of shots there. the cobbles could have been taken at anytime, they haven't aged at all, if you know what I mean.

susie123 30-07-2012 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1006013)
Is this the new camera? Great shots

Yes - all just straightforward point and shoot on auto settings, some with zoom. No time for anything else today. The zoom is great - much easier to use than on my old camera - and much more powerful!

Getting on OK with the camera now, I needed a day like today just to take it out and get confident with it.

Thanks Frank.

susie123 30-07-2012 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006018)
nice selection of shots there. the cobbles could have been taken at anytime, they haven't aged at all, if you know what I mean.

Thanks I was very pleased with that cobbles shot, no doctoring at all. Specially taken for you know who!!

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2012 20:49

2 Attachment(s)
Dianne will love that cobbles shot.
Here is my pic of the moon.......It has only just appeared for me at my bedroom window.
I se the tripod up for these....I couldn't get a shot that wasn't fuzzy without it.
Sorry about the TV aerial.

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2012 20:51

I have toned down the brightness to bring out the markings on the moon.
That's my ten for the day.
Sue your pictures are lovely. I am sure you are going to enjoy playing with the pics you have taken.

davemac 30-07-2012 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1006027)
I have toned down the brightness to bring out the markings on the moon.
That's my ten for the day.
Sue your pictures are lovely. I am sure you are going to enjoy playing with the pics you have taken.

I just had a go using the fence as a tripod, all I got was a white ball with no definition, wouldnt even appear when I darkened the picture.

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2012 21:01

Those pics I have posted are from the fuji600exr....I did take some with the lumix G1...but have reached my upload limit...they do not look any better than those taken with the little fuji....and because I have taken it through glass I have a ghost of the moon too.
I haven't used the tripod for so long....I had quite forgotten how the thing works.......I struggled to angle the top bit with the spirit levels on........I am going to have to use it a bit more to get fluent with it.

susie123 30-07-2012 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1006000)
5. Shagnum

Was that a deliberate mistake Dave?

davemac 30-07-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1006031)
Was that a deliberate mistake Dave?

I cant believe I typed that, I even ran a spell check before posting, I missed a "p" out.

Going without a p is just as bad, I apologise if it upset anyone. If I didnt I might use it again. Well spotted Mrs. P.

Margaret Pilkington 30-07-2012 21:28

It was Sue who spotted it Dave.......I wasn't going to say anything...being as I'm the shy and retiring type :D

shillelagh 30-07-2012 21:30

8 Attachment(s)
sorry i aint posted the last couple of days .. but i been ill again :( ... anyway heres some what i took yesterday and today ....