Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Gremlin 28-07-2012 18:37

Re: Today in pictures

8 Attachment(s)
I don't think my photos need any explanation. I had been to put flowers on a grave and decided to take a few snaps while my wife had a quiet ride around on her mobo scooter.

OK, they may be a bit morbid but there isn't much else to take photos of in a graveyard apart from a part of the old quarry under the Coppice (I think it is).

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2012 18:54

Not morbid. It looks very well kept and peaceful....anyway it is a reflection of your day.

Gremlin 28-07-2012 19:08

1 Attachment(s)
That was the reason for the visit Margaret.
Earlier this year we had the little stone made for him now we have somewhere to go and remember him.

davemac 28-07-2012 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1005651)
I don't think my photos need any explanation. I had been to put flowers on a grave and decided to take a few snaps while my wife had a quiet ride around on her mobo scooter.

OK, they may be a bit morbid but there isn't much else to take photos of in a graveyard apart from a part of the old quarry under the Coppice (I think it is).

A place I know very well, I used to be in charge for a few years, whilst competitive tendering was in play.

susie123 28-07-2012 19:14

Gremlin, I look out on graves every day as our house backs on to an old cemetery. Your pics do justice to the place, and that was your day, I can imagine your wife having a nice ride round the paths as well. Thanks for posting and sharing this.

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2012 21:04

2 Attachment(s)
Not much from me today.
Just the moon...taken a few minutes ago from my bedroom window.

susie123 28-07-2012 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1005687)
Not much from me today.
Just the moon...taken a few minutes ago from my bedroom window.

Great definition on the moon's surface - love the pic with the black cloud on the left.

No moon here, too cloudy :(

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2012 21:21

We have just had a shower here too. The pictures were taken just a few minutes apart...the moon kept disappearing behind a cloud.
These pics were taken with the new little camera. I took some with my Lumix G1, but haven't uploaded those yet.

davemac 28-07-2012 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1005690)
We have just had a shower here too. The pictures were taken just a few minutes apart...the moon kept disappearing behind a cloud.
These pics were taken with the new little camera. I took some with my Lumix G1, but haven't uploaded those yet.

I took exactly the same photos, it was about 9.05pm. I am at my daily limit though so cant post them, I didnt zoom the moon so it looks a lot smaller.

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2012 21:46

2 Attachment(s)
Put them on Flickr Dave.
Here is one from the lumix G1...and one I have played with.
I think you can tell which is which :D

davemac 28-07-2012 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1005694)
Put them on Flickr Dave.
Here is one from the lumix G1...and one I have played with.
I think you can tell which is which :D

I'm still behind with my uploads, I've about 50 to think about uploading.

I'v been doing that with a few myself tonight, blue and red tints.

mobertol 29-07-2012 07:53

Lovely pics posted by all yesterday -Nice one of Spire's farm -must get up that way again when I'm next over. Loved the reservoir photo 9 of Daves. Glad to see Sue is getting to grips with her new toy. Nice to see a new poster too -Gremlin -keep up the good work. Wish i could capture the moon! my camera's not good enough to give such definition.

Spent some time playing about on Photoscape yesterday which was fun -so much you can do, have told my mum about it too and she will be having a look at it today. Off to peruse my collection of photos and post a few -won't be out and about today -too hot again.

mobertol 29-07-2012 09:16

10 Attachment(s)
A few shots in and around Dacre church - famous for the Dacre bears -four statues which guard the church N,E,W,and S. Some believe they are mediaeval lions but they are standing upright. There's a shot of Dacre Castle over the stile. Some lovely stained glass windows from different eras and a beautiful etched one. Note the one dedicated to Willie Whitelaw.

The old lady was called Nellie - we got talking - she was originally from Blackburn. She was a real character in her 90's, saw her a few times over the years, she has since passed away.

davemac 29-07-2012 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1005649)
Where's tomorrow's walk, Dave . We are waiting for the weather forecast and we will follow the sun.

I very rarely decide my walk until perhaps an hour before set off, I think this is due to the changeable weather and perhaps me not being able to make my mind up, possibly, well I think so, maybe.

davemac 29-07-2012 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1005747)
A few shots in and around Dacre church - famous for the Dacre bears -four statues which guard the church N,E,W,and S. Some believe they are mediaeval lions but they are standing upright. There's a shot of Dacre Castle over the stile. Some lovely stained glass windows from different eras and a beautiful etched one. Note the one dedicated to Willie Whitelaw.

The old lady was called Nellie - we got talking - she was originally from Blackburn. She was a real character in her 90's, saw her a few times over the years, she has since passed away.

Nice shots, whats the story about the carving in 1. 2. & 3.