Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2004, 18:01   #16
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
good subject Mick but should this not have been a new thread??????
yep but roy asked what els they could pull down
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2004, 18:03   #17

Good point mick but where will i park my car!!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2004, 18:10   #18
Resting in Peace

they are thinking about extending the Arndale car park
Old 13-02-2004, 18:16   #19
Roy
Administrator

This can't happen! some of us are stuck with vehicles that don't fit in the arndale car park. The car park in union street is my only real choice if I want to stay in the centre for longer than 30 mins.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2004, 22:46   #20
Senior Member+

Clock in Arndale.

Perhaps we should ask the Observer if they will start a campaign to at least keep the clock cos ... we have two volunteers who say they will have a go at repairing, eh? I think there is plenty of room for the clock just outside the entrance to the Arndale. There is a clock there, which never seems to work. I say LETS RELOCATE THE CLOCK.

Remember all the fuss about the Bee outside the Bees Knees. But maybe no-one actually did anything. That ended up being taken away, never to be heard of again, although I have reason to believe it's had been "rescued" by Ossy Mills.

Last edited by Atarah; 13-02-2004 at 22:48.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2004, 08:00   #21
Senior Member+

Better keep my on e bay then.Could be a cheap clock going eh? Shame though
Old 17-02-2004, 12:06   #22
Resting in Peace

Just been in the Arndale and the clock has gone
don't know where ?
Old 17-02-2004, 12:20   #23
God Member

Clock gone? Where?

.......It's probably in the skip by the Sacred Heart Church.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2004, 16:11   #24
Senior Member+

The clock

Gone? Gone where, as you say Tealeaf. I find that very sneaky!! It was only last week they were talking about it. Mm, something fishy here I reckon.
How can we find out?
Old 17-02-2004, 17:26   #25
God Member

Boycott The Arndale!

This is truly appalling........By my estimate, at this rate of destruction & demolition there'll be nowt left of Accy in 6 months time. If this was the councils decision then it really is disgraceful; like it or hate it that clock was one of the landmarks of Accy. (Another 10 years & it would end up listed).

However, is the Arndale not privately owned? In that case lets make our feelings felt by boycotting the place.....the shop tennants would soon make their feelings known. Apart from the Starbucks thats coming in, that is.
Old 17-02-2004, 17:26   #26
God Member

Boycott The Arndale!

This is truly appalling........By my estimate, at this rate of destruction & demolition there'll be nowt left of Accy in 6 months time. If this was the councils decision then it really is disgraceful; like it or hate it that clock was one of the landmarks of Accy. (Another 10 years & it would end up listed).

However, is the Arndale not privately owned? In that case lets make our feelings felt by boycotting the place.....the shop tennants would soon make their feelings known. Apart from the Starbucks thats coming in, that is.
Old 17-02-2004, 20:09   #27

OMG! the Bee's gone?????? when did this happen? I won't recognise the place when I come back
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2004, 05:17   #28
Senior Member+

We should all sign a petition and complain
Old 18-02-2004, 07:57   #29
Senior Member+

Where's Our Clock?

You're right! We should all sign a petition. Anybody up for it?

This is the site belonging to Andy Plant, the designer of the clock
http://www.andyplant.co.uk/html/acc.htm

Maybe I will ask him, by email, does he know where it is.
Funny isn't it, how you miss something when its gone. It wasn't the best looking clock I have ever seen, but .. it became part of our way of life and its outrageous that "faceless people" can make decisions which affect us. Who are these people I wonder? Do they live here? Do they shop here? I think not.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clockresize.jpg (44.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 18-02-2004, 08:17   #30
God Member

Clock gone

You're right Atarah. The clock was a specially commissioned piece of work for that spot in the Arndale. If you look at the artists other clocks, they are all specific to a building......you can't pick them up like a picture & hang them on a wall.
Back to the cafe though........do you think that's going to be a local company that opens up on the clock site? I doubt it....I'm more than ever convinced now that we're going to get a Starbucks or similar......maybe a Prete a Manger?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..