Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2004, 12:27   #31
Senior Member+

The Clock - Its's Safe!!!!

Hi, just found out the clock has been safely dismanted by its designer, Mr Andy Plant and is stored away in the Arndale!! So at least its not in the Sacred Heart skip Tealeaf! Andy has been in talks with the Arndale Centre for months and realised its days were numbered there, so he decided to take it down to help to preserve it.

There is "talk" of refurbishing the indoor Market Hall - maybe a place for it could be found there?

It obviously needs to be somewhere safe, in premises which are safely locked at night times.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2004, 13:07   #32
Senior Member+

Supersleuth here!

Well, I must say I am surprised! I thought many of you Accywebbers would be Observerites and might have already read the "Letters to the Editor" page. Seen the article at the very top of the page, re the clock?
Look again at the photograph of the clock ..........
Old 22-02-2004, 06:35   #33

Perhaps they have also moved that one -- but I wonder how they came to show a photo of "wrong" clock.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 15:11   #34
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Been in the Arndale this afternoon. There is now a fenced off area incorporating where the clock used to be. They have put in a sink unit and a small piece of paper on the fencing says cafe centro.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 15:43   #35
God Member

"Cafe Centro"..........what sort of name is that? It sounds like an Amsterdam "Coffee" bar.........Morrocan, Lebanese & Skunk a speciality.....is this what the Accy Arndale is coming to?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:57   #36
Resting in Peace

some pics of the cafe

here are some pics of the cafe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAFE.jpg (72.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Cafe1.jpg (70.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg cafe2.jpg (70.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg cafe3.jpg (68.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg cafe4.jpg (64.9 KB, 33 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:18   #37
God Member

Is there a price list up yet? if so, how much is a jam butty?
Old 03-03-2004, 18:53   #38
Accrington Web Mascot

Why have they made a space for a cafe by removing the clock when there are several empty units around the centre of Accy that would have been suitable? Not to worry - I'm sure someone will think to open a card shop in one of the empty units!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 20:44   #39
Senior Member+

new cafe

Dunno why they haven't used up any other available spaces - but who are we, mere mortals, to make decisions concerning our own town "Ours is not to reason why".
Old 04-03-2004, 10:17   #40
Senior Member+

After seeing the cafe being errected all i can say is, by the time that the place is fully fitted out there wont be much room inside.so it will be a quick 5 minutes for a brew and jambutty before you are chucked out to make room for the next customer.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:34   #41
God Member

Will everything be on sale for a pound, then?
Old 20-03-2004, 18:30   #42
Senior Member+

Re: Clock in Arndale

Hi
The aforementioned cafe is now doing a roaring trade[whilst my old Our Price store remains sadly empty!]can't imagine it's massively comfortable having a coffee there as the wind whistles thru the Centre like a hurricane all the time!Maybe we should get a review of it on here;hang on to your "croissant"!I am reliably informes it is run bt the same people who have the Country Larder in the very same centre;talk abut a monopoly on mocca chocca chinos!!
{my personal preference is "Soup" on Warner Street!**
Old 21-03-2004, 13:44   #43
I am Band

Re: Clock in Arndale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
I agree! the clock is part of accy and i would offer free services ( as a Qualified Mechanical Engineer) if it meant the clock could live on
Shouldn't this post be in the jokes page?
Seriously, count me in also. You know how enthusiastic i am with a big hammer wingy.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..