Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 18:55   #16
God Member

Re: liquid diet ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

flashy i meant food wise not booze wise, ya noggin....LOL

pmsfl, i knew what you mean ya tool
Old 09-04-2008, 18:57   #17
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

"ya tool"!!

LOL iv been called a lot of things before but never a tool!!....LOL...
Old 09-04-2008, 19:25   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
"ya tool"!!

LOL iv been called a lot of things before but never a tool!!....LOL...

lol, i call Reece a turnip, dont worry about it
Old 09-04-2008, 20:33   #19
Senior Member+

I have a friend who lost 7 stone on the Lighter Life diet which is pretty much drink based, as soon as she reintroduced food the weight started to come back and still is doing. It can't do your body any favours either.
Old 09-04-2008, 21:41   #20
God Member

Well Ive just started seeing the health care assistant at our GPs purely on request because i want to lose a few pounds and the diet ive been put on is basicly just a healthy food option, I can eat almost anything with the exception of pastries, sugary stuff and too much fat. Basicly common sense aprox 1500 cals a day and a 20 min brisk walk every evening .
Its my 3rd day and the fronts of my legs are killing me lol. muscular . But i will continue because it was my choice, although i must say if i had to go overboard with the food i just wouldnt be able to hack it.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 22:20   #21
God Member

I have tried so many diets and they all work, just I don't work them well... diets do work but they are all so faddy that you get fed up with them, measure this, count that, divide plate into sections etc etc...

And as so many say unless you stay on a specific diet for life you WILL put the weight back on and more than likely more than you started with as I am testament too!!!

I have just completed my first week of reducing bad foods, eating healthily but heartily and increasing my exercise, but I am doing it gradually, so when I start to plateau I know I have to up the exercise and re look at the food I am eating...

1st weeks result .... lost 5 lbs... and before anyone says its water, we bought some scales that not only weighs you but checks your fat and water content...my fat has gone down and my water has gone up!!

Now I just have to keep it up and will be happy for a 1lb loss per week

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 23:40   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
If your going to pay i am sure Less and me can sort you a liquid diet out .......try ours
cool lol vwey funny mick
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 23:46   #23

went to see my wounderfull hunky G.P this afternoon and i was telling him about it, he said it wasnt a good idea as im a diabetic on insulin, and that i shud carry on doing my slimming world programme as ive lost nearly a stone and half now since nov so im getting there SLOWLY.
Old 09-04-2008, 23:48   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
went to see my wounderfull hunky G.P this afternoon and i was telling him about it, he said it wasnt a good idea as im a diabetic on insulin, and that i shud carry on doing my slimming world programme as ive lost nearly a stone and half now since nov so im getting there SLOWLY.
You are doing it the right way
Old 09-04-2008, 23:51   #25

[quote=BERNADETTE;559896]You are doing it the right way[/quote
cheers hun xx
Old 10-04-2008, 05:46   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Had a discussion about this at work today. One of our doctors had a good point........ "There were no overweight people in Belsen". The vast majority of people who are overweight are overweight because they eat and drink too much of the wrong stuff and don't exercise enough.

Are you advocating ethnic cleansing and mass genocide as having health benefits?

That seems like a very strange analogy to make by a doctor, or by anyone else come to think of it. I understand the meaning, but the comparison is in poor taste.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:51   #27
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I agree that the comparison he used was in poor taste (considering his ethnicity) but the point he made was very true. Where there is no access to junk food and drink, there is no obesity.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:56   #28

This, I think, is the Lighterlife diet. You cannot go on this unless you are a minimum of 3 stones overweight. You have to have your GP's approval, he has to sign a form (monthly, I believe) to say you are ok to do it. You are also required to attend weekly group meetings for counselling and to buy the food packs which cost around £66 a week. The counsellors are fully trained and use cognitive behavioural therapy, (CGT) to find out why some people have a bad relationship with food. The drinks course usually takes 12 weeks, after which you go on a weight management course to maintain the weight loss. I know 3 people who have tried this, and all have maintained their losses 18 months later.
It is similar to the Cambridge diet, which is cheaper, but with little or no counselling. It would seem the counselling is the integral part of this diet, and if you don't attend meetings you aren't allowed the food packs.
The way it works is, your body is getting no carbs and only minimal calories and so goes into ketosis (not to be confused with ketoacidosis) and has to run on stored fat. Whilst in this condition you do not feel hunger pangs. You test weekly for ketones. It claims to burn fat at the rate of one pound per day.
If monitored correctly and followed correctly it can be very helpful for the morbidly obese.

Jelly Baby

Last edited by jelly baby; 11-04-2008 at 09:59.
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote

« bees wax | printers »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..