Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 10:43   #1

liquid diet ???

Hi does anyone know about this liquid diet you get from your gp ??? this woman whos son goes to same school as my lot has lost 4 stone since end of jan !!
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2008, 10:45   #2
God Member

Re: liquid diet ???

ooo never heard of it, let me know if you get some lol
Old 09-04-2008, 11:11   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
Hi does anyone know about this liquid diet you get from your gp ??? this woman whos son goes to same school as my lot has lost 4 stone since end of jan !!
Thats all well and good but can you imagine when she starts eating normally again? She'll pile it on. The only way to loose weight properly is a healthy balanced diet and excercise. Its how I did it, these faddy diets just don't work imho.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:00   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
That puts me in mind of Peter Kay talking about diets........'Get on this diet, my friend who's a nurse did it and she lost 14 stone in a day!!!'

Sorry, that will just sound like complete gobblydegook if you're not familiar with Peter Kay.
Old 09-04-2008, 15:06   #5
Resting in Peace

If your going to pay i am sure Less and me can sort you a liquid diet out .......try ours
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:08   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
If your going to pay i am sure Less and me can sort you a liquid diet out .......try ours
Absolutely Mick, i'm with you on this one! Cracking!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:49   #7
God Member

Is the Guinness prescribed by the can or do you get vouchers for draught? sounds like winner to me. mmmmmm
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 17:01   #8
God Member

Someone I worked with went on this LIQUID DIET!!

She lost nearly 5 stone in 4 month's. I don't work there now, so can't comment on the after effects.

I know it cost around £60 a week for the sachet's that you add to water. I thought this was quite expensive, but it's like (A) said " you are not buying food though, so it works itself out "

I have got to say, after a while she did start looking very ill, and sometimes passed out/ nearly passed out in a mornings, which to me, does not sound like the Ideal diet. I also thought she lost too much, it didn't really look good her losing so much. But I suppose if people know their target and STICK to it, instead of going silly and trying to get to a size zero from 16 stone It could possibly be ok.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 17:10   #9
Senior Member+

If you liquidised a pie and drank it, would that have the same effect?
Old 09-04-2008, 17:13   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If you liquidised a pie and drank it, would that have the same effect?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Old 09-04-2008, 17:25   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Had a discussion about this at work today. One of our doctors had a good point........ "There were no overweight people in Belsen". The vast majority of people who are overweight are overweight because they eat and drink too much of the wrong stuff and don't exercise enough. Only a very small minority have genuine medical problems which cause weight gain.

The upshot of the discussion was that the only way to lose weight is to eat & drink less junk and move more. I have never done a faddy diet, if the clothes are getting tight I cut out the goodies, eat more veg and walk more. The clothes always fit better within 2-3 weeks..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 17:46   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Had a discussion about this at work today. One of our doctors had a good point........ "There were no overweight people in Belsen". The vast majority of people who are overweight are overweight because they eat and drink too much of the wrong stuff and don't exercise enough. Only a very small minority have genuine medical problems which cause weight gain.

The upshot of the discussion was that the only way to lose weight is to eat & drink less junk and move more. I have never done a faddy diet, if the clothes are getting tight I cut out the goodies, eat more veg and walk more. The clothes always fit better within 2-3 weeks..
Exactly lettie!!

going on a liquid diet is one of the most stupidest things iv ever heard!
as someone else said what happens if ya start eating real food again???.....ya gonna pile it back on!
and as for someone losing 5 stone over 4 months, well that just daft!!...the quicker ya lose weight the quicker ya put it back on....well known fact.

iv lost over 4 stone and its took me 9 months to do it, i eat what i want...all in moderation.

Also i cant see a drink giving ya satifaction can you?
Old 09-04-2008, 17:51   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

believe me, drink CAN give you satisfaction, beer goggles
Old 09-04-2008, 17:59   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

iv lost over 4 stone and its took me 9 months to do it, i eat what i want...all in moderation.

Well done you!!!!!! That's a cracking achievement, you must be really pleased.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 18:08   #15
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Well done you!!!!!! That's a cracking achievement, you must be really pleased.
its the best thing iv ever done, just wished id done it years ago

flashy i meant food wise not booze wise, ya noggin....LOL

« bees wax | printers »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..