Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2010, 09:42   #166
God Member

Re: Nuisance telephone calls.

I have been registered with TPS for a long time but recently have been 'moithered' by calls as a result of online searching for cheap car insurance. Not all 'search the market' sites give the option of 'no marketing follow up calls'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2010, 12:13   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have been registered with TPS for a long time but recently have been 'moithered' by calls as a result of online searching for cheap car insurance. Not all 'search the market' sites give the option of 'no marketing follow up calls'.
alot of people assume that the tps cover and monitor and control the calls from the web which at the moment is very difficult to police.
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 13:53   #168
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
There nearly all foreigners in British call centres accyman
your right.Because research showed a scottish accent was most likely to gain better results in things such as debt collection and sales most of the call centers went up north.

i dunno where they did that research because anyone wanting money from me gets hung up on regardless of how they speak

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 13:59   #169
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

i dunno where they did that research because anyone wanting money from me gets hung up on regardless of how they speak
Well i won't call ya, but give us a Tenner.
Old 22-12-2010, 16:42   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
your right.Because research showed a scottish accent was most likely to gain better results in things such as debt collection and sales most of the call centers went up north.

yes it was the scottish accent, followed by the brummy accent i think and then scouse(surprised at the scouse being third... but has ive said earlies to others, it is upto the inv- person on how they respond to calls at home, i just prefer to say no thank you as i personally feel that rudeness breeds rudeness and is part of all our attempts to bring values and manners back to modern society. :-)
Old 22-12-2010, 16:51   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i dont hang up, i just leave the phone n go to another room.
my call center would terminate after 3o seconds off no voice, and if you dont answer after 8 rings it stops and automatically dials another number.
to the people who dont want these calls? i would suggest an answer machine as we leave a message on them then if the consumer wishes to discuss the said message they can if not they can just press delete... i dont answer private numbers on my mobile my attitude is this... if its urgent/important they will leave a message!!! if no message it was prob- someone who i didnt want to speak too, :-)
Old 22-12-2010, 18:04   #172
Resting in Peace

I had a bloody silent call about 4-45pm today of course when I 1471d it they didn't have the number to return the all, bloody India no doubt
Old 22-12-2010, 18:23   #173

Quote:
I had a bloody silent call about 4-45pm today of course when I 1471d it they didn't have the number to return the all, bloody India no doubt
prob- an english call center as alot of these are very rude and they will ring people back and play what they call games with consumers, these clowns dont realise that they are ringing a consumer in THEIR HOME!!
THE INDIANS,are polite but some are a little slow on the up take and ring off standard scripts and when you produce a question thats not on their agenda/or list they struggle hence why folk get the hump..
Old 22-12-2010, 18:39   #174
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
my call center would terminate after 3o seconds off no voice, and if you dont answer after 8 rings it stops and automatically dials another number.
to the people who dont want these calls? i would suggest an answer machine as we leave a message on them then if the consumer wishes to discuss the said message they can if not they can just press delete... i dont answer private numbers on my mobile my attitude is this... if its urgent/important they will leave a message!!! if no message it was prob- someone who i didnt want to speak too, :-)
I have an answer machine and they never ever leave messages, but I know I have had a call because my phone logs 'missed calls'.
When you check who the calls were from it is always number unavailable.

I am never rude, I am polite and to the point( I can tell someone where to go in such sweet terms that they look forward to packing for the trip)........although I have to say that on a couple of occasions I have had a bit of fun at the callers expense....I figured that if they wanted to waste my time, then the least I could do would be to help them waste a bit of their life too.
Nuisance calls are just that.....a nuisance. I have done my best to stop them from having to incur my wrath(polite as it might be)......I wish to goodness that they would get the message.
It would save us all a lot of irritation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 18:39   #175
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
prob- an english call center as alot of these are very rude and they will ring people back and play what they call games with consumers, these clowns dont realise that they are ringing a consumer in THEIR HOME!!
THE INDIANS,are polite but some are a little slow on the up take and ring off standard scripts and when you produce a question that's not on their agenda/or list they struggle hence why folk get the hump..
When you ring 1471 and they reply we don't have the number to return the call its a number from outside the country, if its from this country it usually say the caller withheld their number
Old 22-12-2010, 18:41   #176
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just had a "Withheld Number" ring, have stopped answering those, only 1 of our friends has a withheld n she can't keep her gob shut, so will speak into the answering bit.
Old 22-12-2010, 20:35   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just had a "Withheld Number" ring, have stopped answering those, only 1 of our friends has a withheld n she can't keep her gob shut, so will speak into the answering bit.
hahaha, we all have one off them cashman :-)
Old 22-12-2010, 20:37   #178

Quote:
When you ring 1471 and they reply we don't have the number to return the call its a number from outside the country, if its from this country it usually say the caller withheld their number
are... right.. well i didnt know that so another fact learnt today :-)
Old 22-12-2010, 20:42   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have an answer machine and they never ever leave messages, but I know I have had a call because my phone logs 'missed calls'.

I am never rude, I am polite and to the point( I can tell someone where to go in such sweet terms that they look forward to packing for the trip)........although I have to say that on a couple of occasions I have had a bit of fun at the callers expense....I figured that if they wanted to waste my time, then the least I could do would be to help them waste a bit of their life too.
Nuisance calls are just that.....a nuisance. I have done my best to stop them from having to incur my wrath(polite as it might be)......I wish to goodness that they would get the message.
the reason most centers use unavailable numbers is this.. as their centers would be blocked with return callers.. plus you will love this(please dont do this at home)... consumers would ring them back and ABUSE AND WASTE THEIR TIME.... PLEASE DONT USE THIS IN EVIDENCE AGAINST ME.:-))))
Old 22-12-2010, 20:46   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

SUGGESTION.... have your home phone cut off and just use a mobile? (im ducking already).. :-)
umpire likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..