Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2010, 20:48   #181
Beacon of light

Re: Nuisance telephone calls.

I need my phone line for the internet(I know I could use a dongle but NO why should I?).......anyway what's a mobile?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2010, 20:54   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I need my phone line for the internet(I know I could use a dongle but NO why should I?).......anyway what's a mobile?
hahaha, you ******... now im sure you are aware there is a 2 way socket so you can still enjoy your internet only as the modem brings the connection :-)
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 21:36   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHFOY View Post
hahaha, you ******... now im sure you are aware there is a 2 way socket so you can still enjoy your internet only as the modem brings the connection :-)
that word thats been starred was a jovial remark :-)
RHFOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2010, 09:29   #184
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Mobile Margaretain't it one of them things you used to hang over babies cott to keep um amused
Old 23-12-2010, 11:16   #185
Beacon of light

Well, it might be.
We were poor so didn't have such things.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 18:01   #186
Resting in Peace

Well this must be a firstwas watching Eggheads tonight when the phone rang, Hello Mr. Farrer, my name is blabla just a quick call, we're a new company, JD buts in I'm on the preferred callers list you should not be ringing me, if you ring me again I will report you, I put the phone down. Ten seconds latter it rings again, Mr Farrer I'm very sorry If I disturbed you I have called back to say I have removed your name from all our data bases, sorry for any inconvenience bye bye what a refreshing change
Old 17-01-2011, 18:07   #187
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well this must be a firstwas watching Eggheads tonight when the phone rang, Hello Mr. Farrer, my name is blabla just a quick call, we're a new company, JD buts in I'm on the preferred callers list you should not be ringing me, if you ring me again I will report you, I put the phone down. Ten seconds latter it rings again, Mr Farrer I'm very sorry If I disturbed you I have called back to say I have removed your name from all our data bases, sorry for any inconvenience bye bye what a refreshing change
That's the way to do it, tell them your phone is registered with tps, must say though ours is registered but calls seem to have started again, must be selling data lists again

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 18:23   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
That's the way to do it, tell them your phone is registered with tps, must say though ours is registered but calls seem to have started again, must be selling data lists again
Ya Park they have started again the only problem being is that a lot of them come from India and there's not a thing we can do about it, except hang up
Old 17-01-2011, 18:39   #189
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya Park they have started again the only problem being is that a lot of them come from India and there's not a thing we can do about it, except hang up
Must be speaking very good english then. There are companies out there that make big money out of selling lists of addresses and phone numbers, we need to burn the lists, how many times have you filled online forms in with name + address + phone number + mobile number.

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-01-2011, 18:42   #190
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Must be speaking very good english then. There are companies out there that make big money out of selling lists of addresses and phone numbers, we need to burn the lists, how many times have you filled online forms in with name + address + phone number + mobile number.
I Never include my phone number on line Park, nor my adress if I can get away with it
Old 17-01-2011, 18:57   #191
Senior Member+

Quote:
I Never include my phone number on line Park, nor my adress if I can get away with it
So you have never bought anything on line then?

Albert Einstein.

Old 17-01-2011, 19:07   #192
God Member

My address and phone number are plastered everywhere on the web because that's where I buy everything. I don't think I get pestered more than other folk here have said they do.

I think the electoral list and the phone book are basic spam/junk mail sources and they are the two I have opted out of.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 19:11   #193
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
My address and phone number are plastered everywhere on the web because that's where I buy everything. I don't think I get pestered more than other folk here have said they do.

I think the electoral list and the phone book are basic spam/junk mail sources and they are the two I have opted out of.
Good on you margaret, they build up lists from all sorts of places

Albert Einstein.

Old 18-01-2011, 09:06   #194
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So you have never bought anything on line then?
Everytime I've bought anything on line its been a secure site, would use it otherwise
Old 18-01-2011, 09:11   #195
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

as you say Margaret there are two electoral lists, the official one used for official purposes and another one that is available to buisness, you can, as you say, opt out of your name being on that list, but does everybody know that

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..