Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 17:37   #1
God Member

what livens you up?

when your down?
been really down for a few weeks now and the last week has really topped it off for me, a handful of you on here know why i'm feeling this way at the moment, what can i do?
i think ive got a self destruct button and am likely to press it at any moment

(the anti-depressants arent working anymore)
Old 07-10-2007, 17:59   #2
God Member

Re: what livens you up?

Come off the anti depressants slowly - seek docs help to do this
It might cheer you up to know that after a short time on them, when I came off them, I was incredibly h**ny (for a short time) - doesnt that give you something to look forward to?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 18:02   #3
God Member

thanks for replying Margaret, i'm like that all the time anyway, just cant stop crying at the moment, i went from 20mg onto 10mg because the 20s where making me tired all the time, think i need my head seeing to
Old 07-10-2007, 18:10   #4
God Member

yes thankyou spiderman....

thats another reason why i need some help, i'm falling out with people left right and center
Old 07-10-2007, 18:16   #5
God Member

Depression is awful (been there) - just think of better times ahead - they will come.
People who never have bad times do not appreciate good times when they come - I feel sorry for their life of monotony.
Intense despair will become intense joy - it is a natural restoration of balance.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 18:19   #6
God Member

thanks for that Margaret, i just hope it comes real soon, i can be up one minute and down the next, its horrible, some people dont understand what its like and why i'm like this, trying to explain it is awful because i cant put it into words, all i say to them is .. i dont know why i'm like this, i cant explain it
Old 07-10-2007, 18:20   #7

Maybe saying sorry after you have been "like this" with people would help.
Old 07-10-2007, 18:33   #8
God Member

if you have nothing constructive to say carl then please dont start
Old 07-10-2007, 19:14   #9
God Member

When I get the blues I stay away from people. Having others try to help seems to make things worse ... it's like the depression feeds and grows stronger with well meaning help and advice ... So, what works for me (and this aint advice, it's an answer to the question "what livens me up?" ... pet therapy ... seriously ... hugging a cat, walking a dog. Works for me ... Cheer up hon ... The light at the end of the tunnel probably isn't a train.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 19:54   #10
God Member

Its a hard one Shaz cause I haven't been there I get a bit irritable about mid cycle and thats it really, dont stop the tablets without speaking with your GP if you feel tired on them maybe you need different ones, there are usually quite a few different ones all in the same classification but will have slightly different affects. Focus on whats good, take strength from the great job you do with Reece and when you feel like falling out with someone, say nowt, take 5 mins and rethink, hope your on the up soon
Old 07-10-2007, 19:56   #11
Resting in Peace

Hope you feel better soon .....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 20:15   #12
God Member

thanks you lot, your all stars

what you where saying about feeling down mid cycle Grego....i'm like that perminantly, i havent had a period for 2 1/2 years due to my pcos, the doctor says its not a hormone thing but my dad seems to think it is, some days i go next door and just cry on his shoulder, he knows exactly whats wrong with me when i do that and he usually cracks a joke and starts acting stupid to cheer me up...my doctor has put it down to my mum dying when i was 15, he thinks i havent come to terms with it yet and havent grieved properly...16 years on, i have so much going around in my head that it sometimes feels like its going to explode
Old 07-10-2007, 20:16   #13
God Member

i'm not asking for pity, or anyone to feel sorry for me, i just need to sort my head out
Old 07-10-2007, 20:20   #14
God Member

I think some of it will be hormone related especially because of the pcos but maybe you would benefit by talking with someone professional about your Mums death, hope your feeling better soon.
Old 07-10-2007, 20:21   #15
God Member

thanks Grego

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..