Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2012, 19:35   #211

Re: Favorite Memories of Accrington

No they all go off course it,s like Chinese whispers you never know where you,ll end up all adds to the excitement!!
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2012, 09:04   #212
Resting in Peace

Chinese whispers, you never get them on here, do ya
Old 24-05-2012, 15:52   #213

I,ve been on a wander on other threads today it gets so addictive and brings back such wonderful memories.It,s great reading about people who remember one another but I,ve not had that luck yet.
Old 24-05-2012, 20:20   #214
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassy rvr View Post
I,ve been on a wander on other threads today it gets so addictive and brings back such wonderful memories.It,s great reading about people who remember one another but I,ve not had that luck yet.
Well for one thing, theres not much on your profile page for any one to have an inkling who you are, what your interests are, and who you remember. Fill in a few details, and see what happens.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 20:34   #215
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Well for one thing, theres not much on your profile page for any one to have an inkling who you are, what your interests are, and who you remember. Fill in a few details, and see what happens.
Retlaw
Retlaw's right, we need to know something about you. When and where you went to school are often a good starting point for other folks' memories, also the area you grew up in.
Old 24-05-2012, 21:44   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Retlaw
Only a novice on laptop and don,t know how to do my profile.I 1st came on this site from facebook the very 1st thing I saw was an old school photo with the caption "Do you know anyone on this photo" and lo & behold I was on it,I wrote a few comments at the time saying who I was but it seems it was an old post and didn,t get much response.
Old 24-05-2012, 21:59   #217
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Only a novice on laptop and don,t know how to do my profile.I 1st came on this site from facebook the very 1st thing I saw was an old school photo with the caption "Do you know anyone on this photo" and lo & behold I was on it,I wrote a few comments at the time saying who I was but it seems it was an old post and didn,t get much response.
OK - scroll to the top of any page and click on the My Profile link on the top grey bar. This should open a page with your control panel in it. There is a link called Edit Profile, click on this and it will open a page with boxes you can fill in to give more details about yourself. Beware though - the boxes have a limited number of characters so be fairly brief.

Or you could start your own thread giving more details about yourself, reminiscences etc, whatever you like. That should get folks interested. Good luck!
Old 25-05-2012, 08:43   #218
Resting in Peace

Or you could just say, hi I'm hassy rvr and my real name is............................ya might get a few people owning up to know you then
Old 25-05-2012, 08:46   #219
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Or you could just say, hi I'm hassy rvr and my real name is............................ya might get a few people owning up to know you then
Actually Jay she did give her real name if you look on the Benjamin Hargreaves photo thread. See post 216 on this thread.
Old 25-05-2012, 13:49   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Actually Jay she did give her real name if you look on the Benjamin Hargreaves photo thread. See post 216 on this thread.
Thanks Susie yes I did and I had a quick look at some other profiles for ideas but didn,t any where people had put names or anything else perhaps I,m not doing it right.Confused dot com
Old 25-05-2012, 14:10   #221
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thanks Susie yes I did and I had a quick look at some other profiles for ideas but didn,t any where people had put names or anything else perhaps I,m not doing it right.Confused dot com
Just click on yer profile n then on Edit yer details which is top left of page, then scroll down to additional info n yeh can put what yeh want, If i can do it a Brooke Bond Monkey can.
Old 25-05-2012, 15:07   #222
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just click on yer profile n then on Edit yer details which is top left of page, then scroll down to additional info n yeh can put what yeh want, If i can do it a Brooke Bond Monkey can.
Cashy, already given her the tutorial in post 217, you old ape!

Hassy, not wishing to blow my own trumpet but have you had a look at my profile to see what sort of things to say. Or Cashy's for that matter. Click on the About Me tab when you get to the profile page, which you can do by clicking on the username in any post and then clicking View Public Profile. Most people don't give their real names in their profile but in a thread if it gets to the stage where you are talking to someone you think you might know or who might know you. Why not start a thread with some of your memories and see how it goes? That's what I did when I first came on Accyweb and it really took off.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...8-a-59687.html
Old 25-05-2012, 15:11   #223
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Cashy, already given her the tutorial in post 217, you old ape!
Well i did say a "Brooke Bond Monkey" could do it sue. I'm only just back n it never registered is my excuse.
Old 25-05-2012, 15:14   #224
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Well i did say a "Brooke Bond Monkey" could do it sue. I'm only just back n it never registered is my excuse.
Too much cruisin ain't good for you, Cashy - I presume that's where you've been?
Old 25-05-2012, 17:58   #225
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Um see you've returned Cashy, not back in AccyWeb mode yet then

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..