Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2003, 16:02   #91
Accy Goddess

Post Re: i remember when.....

Oh, No you have started something now Cazzer.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2003, 16:04   #92
Caz
God Member

I'm good at that!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=up2something.gif]

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 16:20   #93
Accy Goddess

We once went to a party and he dissapeared. He was found under a bed fast asleep and I had to practically drag him home and some how drag him up a flight of stairs.
He remembered nothing the next day.
Old 17-08-2003, 22:23   #94

feel asleep in a bathtub at a party once!! have done many many embarrasing things when I was drunk, the worse thing though is that as i'm getting older i'm getting worse not better!
here's a taste of what I do........ once was out for dinner, bunch of girls, had a lovley meal and a laugh, but the laugh's never stopped, i ended up laughing so i much I pucked my dinner right up on the restaurant table!!!!!!!!!......anyone want to treat me to a meal sometime???!!!!!!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 22:27   #95
Caz
God Member

Yuk!! Give over, you've put me off my supper!! ;D

Look what you started Chris!! ;D

- Oscar Wilde
Old 18-08-2003, 20:48   #96
Accy Goddess

Nowt worse than puke. YUK!!!
Old 19-08-2003, 15:26   #97
Senior Member+

flashman, i mean the sticks that looked like a twig  : :
Old 20-08-2003, 14:50   #98

I remember them Janet...used to chew on them for ages and they stained everything (including your teeth!) yellow!!
Droo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 15:31   #99
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Loved those yellow licorice sticks, they lasted forever. Used to like chewing them as a kid, til they were soggy, then letting them dry up to chew again later :-[  Used to get shouted at off my mum for leaving them all over the house.
Loved blackjacks, fruit salads (and still do)
Bazooka Joe bubble gum, Ice cream screwballs with the chewing gum in the bottom :P

Anyone try hedgehog flavour crisps made by XL in Great Harwood (my mum worked there) They were vile but my sister loved em.
Space dust  80's kids like myself will remember this, it was horrible. [smiley=puke.gif]

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 16:10   #100
Accy Goddess

Blackcurrant lollys dipped in water & those vile tablets you dissolved in water to make a drink. Supposed to be orange,lemon and lime but they just tasted like suger and water.  YUK!!!!!!
Old 20-08-2003, 16:19   #101
Caz
God Member

Do you remember something called "Calfresh" ANNE?. Used to get it in a tin and was supposed to be full of vitamins. You used a couple of spoonfuls to make a drink. That was back in the early sixties. Tasted a bit like fruit flavoured Andrews!

;D

- Oscar Wilde
Old 20-08-2003, 19:53   #102
Accy Goddess

Av some vague memory of this stuff Cazzer. Did it come in a small tin the colour of the flavour and looked a bit like kaylie? Loved those spearmint penny arrow bars best. mmmmmmm
Old 20-08-2003, 22:56   #103
Caz
God Member

That was the stuff.  

Do you remember Fennings powders? Came in a little wrapper?
Maybe they still do them don't know!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 20-08-2003, 23:35   #104
Accy Goddess

I used to give them my eldest daughter when she was teething.
Do you remember a sedative for teething infants. Brilliant! ! stuff called phenergan. Think you can still get it but not has strong. Nurse harveys. Not allowed to give them that any more. Used to catch Mick swigging it from the bottle. He used to pinch her choccy puddin and her rusks too.
One spoon for her and 6 for him. He was only testing it mind.  
Old 20-08-2003, 23:40   #105
Caz
God Member

Farleys rusks? they were yummy. and the gripe water, got a craving for that when pregnant with my third!

And "Biccy Pegs" the hard rusk things.

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..