Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/liverpool-the-road-to-the-title-2011-a-58829.html)

Mancie 08-08-2011 04:27

Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Yes I'm afriad it's that time of year again (yawn).. King Kenny and "Stevie G" have proclaimed that this is the season they will win the Prem title.. so let us brace ourselves against the sheer might and power of the scousers!
I'll have Man UTD to win it.. City second..Chelsea third ..Villa, Spurs and Pool to scrounge for the scraps ... nowt new really :D

Barrie Yates 08-08-2011 08:59

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 924304)
Yes I'm afriad it's that time of year again (yawn).. King Kenny and "Stevie G" have proclaimed that this is the season they will win the Prem title.. so let us brace ourselves against the sheer might and power of the scousers!
I'll have Man UTD to win it.. City second..Chelsea third ..Villa, Spurs and Pool to scrounge for the scraps ... nowt new really :D

I think it is going to be a difficult year for us - deciding what trophies we are really going for and who is going to really challenge us?
We gave the Noisy Neighbours a 2 goal start, totally outplayed them throughout the match, 1st half possesion was over 60% to La Creme (never seen stats like that before), we must have been lucky:D
Very impressed with the escapee from the chicken farm - and the average age of the second half team was only just over 22;)
So bring it on, let us see a real challenge from Chelsea, Arsenal, NN and especially Rovers whose manager is intent on a European place this season - or so he dreams:D:D:tongueout

DaveinGermany 08-08-2011 19:18

I do admire your confidence & disdain in equal measures Lads, all I can say is, let the games begin & we'll see what we see, won't we. ;) :)

cashman 08-08-2011 22:28

Disdain..............thats a good word fer Plastics.:D

Barrie Yates 09-08-2011 17:25

What are the odds for Liverpool winning the title & Rovers getting relegated? Six sports writer's forecasts today all put Rovers in the relegation 3. Might be worth £10 on a double for United to win and Rovers to go down

Barrie Yates 09-08-2011 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 924607)
Disdain..............thats a good word fer Plastics.:D

How about some comment on football instead of extracting the urine from a poor scouse lad :D:D:D

Barrie Yates 15-08-2011 13:00

What a terrible weekend - only winning 2-1. Obviously a worse weekend for many others - don't know about Plastic Mancs now that Rovers have got a plastic worktop playing for them along with a Bon Prick. The Scousers need to point out to the players that the ball needs to go under the bar from a spot kick;):D:D

Alan Varrechia 15-08-2011 21:42

Well a nice start for City. :D:D And a cracking debut for sergio aguero.
Best be looking over your shoulder Mancie!!!:D:D:D

Mancie 16-08-2011 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 926870)
Well a nice start for City. :D:D And a cracking debut for sergio aguero.
Best be looking over your shoulder Mancie!!!:D:D:D

Not me .. more like De Gea lookin over his shoulder :D..calm down mate this was Swansea!

Barrie Yates 24-08-2011 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 926934)
Not me .. more like De Gea lookin over his shoulder :D..calm down mate this was Swansea!

He didn't do bad on Monday, but of course neither did the rest of the team - a clean sheet from a team with an average age in the low 20s.
Very quiet from the other supporters on here, but then again they don't have anything to shout about, perhaps Rovers can manage a win tonight over a lowly Owls. That may bring Jay out of hibernation :rolleyes:;):tongueout

gynn 26-08-2011 11:45

Why is this thread called road to the title 2011? Is it because Liverpool have as much chance of winning a trophy they've already lost as winning a trophy yet to be won?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

cashman 26-08-2011 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 929056)
Why is this thread called road to the title 2011? Is it because Liverpool have as much chance of winning a trophy they've already lost as winning a trophy yet to be won?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Its called "Sarcasm" gynn, yeh will get there one day.:D;)

DaveinGermany 26-08-2011 18:09

It's the perennial chance for those Manky U types to have a gloat & a dig at all the other supporters of premier league clubs, it's okay & it's our way of letting the Mankies indulge in their little foibles. ;) :D

Mancie 26-08-2011 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 929152)
It's the perennial chance for those Manky U types to have a gloat & a dig at all the other supporters of premier league clubs, it's okay & it's our way of letting the Mankies indulge in their little foibles. ;) :D

Trust a Pool scouser to bring foibles into the argument..are you saying you have bigger foibles or smaller foibles than United fans?...I've only once visited Liverpool and the thing that struck me was the constant talk of "foibles" in pubs and every street corner... "foibles this and foibles that" ..why are scousers so obsessed with foibles? :confused::)

Royboy39 26-08-2011 18:44

Hey Chirpy....................why not watch a proper team..................................Tonight at 1945 on ITV 4?

DaveinGermany 26-08-2011 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 929165)
are you saying you have bigger foibles or smaller foibles than United fans?...I've only once visited Liverpool :confused::)

Definitely bigger Mancie mate & it's nice to see you've travelled too, ..... didn't get anything .... nicked did you ? See we're not all rouges & scoundrels. :D

Barrie Yates 26-08-2011 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 929174)
Definitely bigger Mancie mate & it's nice to see you've travelled too, ..... didn't get anything .... nicked did you ? See we're not all rouges & scoundrels. :D

Trust a Scouser to nick bigger foibles, you have to be eccentric if you support Liverpool;)
I have had to go there twice as it is the nearest Passport Office - it reminded me of the scenes from the old gangster films.:rolleyes:
Never mind DinG, I am sure your lot will do better this season seeing that you have your Messiah there now, but we will see when they play against the big boys.
Stanley will hopefully pull their socks up as we saw Rovers do this week, oh, but of course that was against a Division 1 team wasn't it. I am sure that they will strive to fulfill Keans predictions and be pushing for a top 6 finish;);):tongueout

Mancie 26-08-2011 21:38

Quote:

I didn't get my foibles nicked but I put that down to there being so many foibles in the area mine weren't worth nicking...there seemed to be an understanding amongst the locals that a mans foibles were out of bounds.:)

cashman 26-08-2011 21:42

Quote:

Nah but most are,thats why i like em.:D

Boeing Guy 27-08-2011 19:23

So Barry, Arsenal are no longer big boys then? Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Good result against Bolton today, the lads are doing okay.
Seeing your lot have not had much to worry about yet, let's see what happens.

Mancie 28-08-2011 02:24

As I speak Liverpool are top of the league...2 big games today I'm sure all us Accywebbers wish Spurs all the best against the Arabs...local side Man UTD have a tough game against the Arsenal.. It will be really tough, and those in the press who say the Gooners are a done side are mugs.

Mancie 28-08-2011 03:58

Almost forgot a good win for our other local team Accy Stanley.. a very good win.

Wynonie Harris 28-08-2011 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 929588)
Almost forgot a good win for our other local team Accy Stanley.. a very good win.

Correction: our ONLY local team. This is ACCYweb!! ;)

Barrie Yates 28-08-2011 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 929494)

My eyesight and memory must both be going downhill fast - or you are not taking your medication?
Don't remember saying that Arsenal are "no longer big boys". Perhaps you will be so kind as to point out where I have actually stated that.
As for today's match - well, Arsenal will be up for it with all the negative news from Arabia even though they are without a considerable number of their best players, I can see them really piling on the pressure. After all, for anyone to beat La Creme is the same as winning a trophy.
La Creme will always be up for it against the Gooners so hopefully we will see a very good match.
It is very noticeable that out dedicated Rovers fan is still in hibernation. Perhaps better to sleep through the start of the season for him.
Must be a very long time since the Scousers were at the top of the table - have they ever been Premiership leaders before? Same for Rovers, adrift at the bottom of the table - can they recover?

DaveinGermany 28-08-2011 17:35

Thought United were meant to be a footy team & not a rugby squad, that's some hell of a score. :eek:

Barrie Yates 29-08-2011 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 929714)
Thought United were meant to be a footy team & not a rugby squad, that's some hell of a score. :eek:

I realiise that you must be a little disgruntled as your reign at the top didn't last long:D
BG must have amazing foresight - after yesterday I must
reassess the standing of the Goon Show:rolleyes::D
Rovers fans must be gratefull to Spurs for pushing them to the dizzy heights of second in the table - from the bottom that is:tongueout
I didn't think La Creme played that well, but with so many young players who are not automatic first choice perhaps it is understandable. Let's see how it goes when they do play at their best:D:D:D
Good result for Stanley, let's hope this is the start of a real upturn for them

DaveinGermany 29-08-2011 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 929802)
I realiise that you must be a little disgruntled as your reign at the top didn't last long:D

As the Pundits are wont to say "It is a game of 2 halves ! ;)" And we've hardly started the first half as yet.

Mancie 29-08-2011 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 929850)
As the Pundits are wont to say "It is a game of 2 halves ! ;)" And we've hardly started the first half as yet.

And as the pundits have said..along with the Rovers footy expert from Ossy :D.."you can't win nothing with kids":D:D

Mancie 30-08-2011 00:23

Transfer window closing today..big talk from Rovers but it's all cack..most teams in the Prem have done thier business..pool and city have been the big spenders.. let battle commence!

Barrie Yates 01-09-2011 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 929850)

Looks as though your lot have had a fire sale DinG:D but will admit you have bought one or two who can do something - but Bellamy:rolleyes:
Can't see where VFC have bought a big star player - was it they that said "a marquee player will be signed"? Perhaps they meant a five a side indoor player:rolleyes::D:tongueout

DaveinGermany 01-09-2011 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 930348)
but will admit you have bought one or two who can do something - but Bellamy:rolleyes:

Got to agree on the Bellamy front, we've had him, he didn't make good so we got shut & now he's back again :confused: Not quite sure why.

Barrie Yates 02-09-2011 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 929915)
And as the pundits have said..along with the Rovers footy expert from Ossy :D.."you can't win nothing with kids":D:D

At least the Ossy VFC fan has now got his very own Fatboy to talk about - Yakuba is certainly no Spring Chicken and fatter that Rooney:tongueout

gynn 11-09-2011 06:56

Liverpool are complaining about the refereeing decision that gave Stoke a penalty against them. They are talking about making a formal complaint about referee Clattenburg.

Coming from a team that built a whole history of success on dubious penalty decisions at the Kop End in the 70s and 80s, that comment has to take the biscuit!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 11-09-2011 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 932616)
Liverpool are complaining about the refereeing decision that gave Stoke a penalty against them. They are talking about making a formal complaint about referee Clattenburg.

Coming from a team that built a whole history of success on dubious penalty decisions at the Kop End in the 70s and 80s, that comment has to take the biscuit!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Saw "King" Kenny throw his toys out of the cot last night - Oh dear, what a shame, never mind:rolleyes:
See that the VFC mob had a good weekend last week - they didn't get beat. Kean must be right when he said they have a strong team - they are holding all the other teams on their shoulders at the moment. To my mind the best panalty miss was either one of the VFC mob misses in their last game;);):tongueout

Mancie 12-09-2011 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 932684)
Saw "King" Kenny throw his toys out of the cot last night - Oh dear, what a shame, never mind:rolleyes:
See that the VFC mob had a good weekend last week - they didn't get beat. Kean must be right when he said they have a strong team - they are holding all the other teams on their shoulders at the moment. To my mind the best panalty miss was either one of the VFC mob misses in their last game;);):tongueout

Was just checking the fixtures to see who King Kenny's Pool were playing in the Champs League or Euro thingy this week.. forgot Liverpool ain't in any.:D... Birmingham, Spurs, Fulham and Stoke made the Euro so I'll be shouting for those teams..:D...still as they say Liverpool can now concentrate on winning the Prem..:D :D

DaveinGermany 13-09-2011 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 932684)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 933061)
Was just checking the fixtures to see who King Kenny's Pool were playing in the Champs League or Euro thingy this week.. forgot Liverpool ain't in any.:D.

Go on Lads, fill yer boots, have a good gloat ;) The season is still young, let's wait & see shall we. :)

gynn 14-09-2011 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 933061)
Liverpool can now concentrate on winning the Prem..:D :D

and the Carling Cup, famously called the "Mickey Mouse" Cup by that master of unbiased football punditry, Phil Thompson.

Barrie Yates 18-09-2011 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 929494)

Perhaps you were right in your assumption that Arsenal are no longer "Big Boys"
They have got more holes in the defence than a colander and about as much striking power as a powder puff. Totally outplayed by the club who were the bottom of the league.
You could be excused in thinking they had signed Secombe, Sellers and Co and become the Goons rather than the Gooners:rolleyes::D:D

cashman 18-09-2011 20:32

Think Liverpools road just got a bit longer today.:eek:

Mancie 18-09-2011 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 934528)
Think Liverpools road just got a bit longer today.:eek:

To be fair King Kenny has only spent !00 million in the last 8 months..and he might still have some of pools spare change in his back back pocket.. mind you he skint Rovers and Newcastle:D

Barrie Yates 22-09-2011 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 933458)
and the Carling Cup, famously called the "Mickey Mouse" Cup by that master of unbiased football punditry, Phil Thompson.

No chance of that - Kean has said this week that Rovers are going to win the Carling Cup this season - and he said earlier that they were going to get a European place, so that really pushes Liverpool down the pecking order:rolleyes:;):D

DaveinGermany 01-10-2011 20:36

Chewed up the Toffees today, sitting in 5th. ;)

Barrie Yates 02-10-2011 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 937284)
Chewed up the Toffees today, sitting in 5th. ;)

Some good news for you at last DinG, also for Wyn and the other Stanley fans - can't say the same for the VFC lot, maybe they will win in
Pune:rolleyes: That will be all that they need to kick start them up the league:D Would be good to hear from the VFC rabble rouser on hear.
Don't need to say anything about La Creme or the noisy neighbours - enough been said about the noisy lot and Tevez, looks as though SAF was right in letting him go;):D
I note that BG has been very quiet about the Goon Show lately

Boeing Guy 02-10-2011 16:06

Being a scouser, why would I give two hoots about Arsenal Barrie???
It's great news to see our lad in 5th, but better still they are playing with passion and a desire to wear the shirt.
I do have a life out side of here you know, there is precious little Internet in sub sahara Africa.

gynn 05-10-2011 05:50

So Jack Rodwell's red card against Liverpool has been rescinded. Quite right, too. It wasn't a red card incident. It wasn't a yellow card incident. In fact, it wasn't even a foul. It was a perfectly clean tackle.

I just hope that referee Martin Atkinson now takes a long hard look at himself and wonders what it was that possessed him to make such a ludicrous decision so early in such a crucial game.

Mancie 15-10-2011 04:11

Well ain't been around posting much these days but would like to say pre-match I don't like scouse people... but they do have human rights .

DaveinGermany 15-10-2011 18:18

How very magnanimous of you Mancie, I suppose that was Manky U's reasoning today then ? ;)

cashman 23-10-2011 22:10

Well City sure didn't show em no Human Rights today.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

yerself 24-10-2011 10:01

We can stand these once in 85yrs setbacks. Rovers fans should know, they suffer them almost weekly. I received a text this morning; The Manchester United helpline is now open on: 0161 616161.

cashman 24-10-2011 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 942026)
We can stand these once in 85yrs setbacks. Rovers fans should know, they suffer them almost weekly. I received a text this morning; The Manchester United helpline is now open on: 0161 616161.

so yeh forgot yer barren spell,which was nowhere near 85 yrs back? i sure aint.:D

Barrie Yates 25-10-2011 11:44

We certainly hit the rocks on Sunday - City played very well and we were absolute crap - but that had to happen sometime. Perhaps it is time for SAF to recognise that some players are past their sell-by date - Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher & Anderson spring to mind. It will be interesting to see what team he puts out tonight and at the weekend. I do think it is a little premature to write La Creme off, there is every possibility that this will kick start them and some teams will suffer.
Mind you, it was a bad weekend all around, Rovers, Liverpool & Stanley (& Chelsea) didn't do much good.
I see the rumours are that Super Sven could be the next VFC manager - failed as England manager, Notts County and now Leicester City - on hell of a CV.

cashman 25-10-2011 12:03

Dont think people are writing the scum off Barrie.............more gloating cos they got what many think they deserve.:D:D:D:D:D

Alan Varrechia 25-10-2011 14:26

Bet Mancie is still crying into his jellied eels. :D:D:D

DaveinGermany 25-10-2011 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 942367)
Bet Mancie is still crying into his jellied eels. :D:D:D

And winkles ...... Barsteward ! Another Shandy over here & make it a large un' ! (Sorry Mancie mate couldn't resist, but I didn't mention the hiding youse got by Manky C ........ Oops ;) I just did didn't I ?:D)

DaveinGermany 29-01-2012 13:28

So although the title may be a bit beyond our grasp (again), at least we're still plodding along in the direction of some Silverware. Not bad for the Big Man in his first proper season at the Pool. :)

Boeing Guy 29-01-2012 13:44

Not bad.... I feel like saying tell me ma, put the champagne on ice, Dave, we might just be off to Wembley twice. It's great to King Kenny back

jaysay 29-01-2012 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 965986)
Not bad.... I feel like saying tell me ma, put the champagne on ice, Dave, we might just be off to Wembley twice. It's great to King Kenny back

The thing is BG, Kenny likes rubbing Sir Alec's nose in the mud:D

Boeing Guy 29-01-2012 17:41

It's about time someone did. Shame utd are only one league title in front, a few years and we will deal with that.

Mancie 29-01-2012 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966073)
Shame utd are only one league title in front, a few years and we will deal with that.

:D.a few years?...reminds me of a song...."In the year 2525, if man is still alive"...:D

Boeing Guy 29-01-2012 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 966160)
:D.a few years?...reminds me of a song...."In the year 2525, if man is still alive"...:D

What......Man U might be out of debt????:D

Mancie 29-01-2012 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 965986)

Not sure Glen Johnson is to keen on Liverpools new kit for the Carling Cup Final :D

http://extras.inyork.com/yorkblog/yo...2X00203_9.jpeg

Boeing Guy 30-01-2012 08:27

Very fetching......
On a serous note though, what's happening to la creme? Last year at this time they were top of the table.....
Not off to Wembley, out of the Champions League there's always next year, but on the bright side la creme are still in the Europa League a cup that la creme have still yet to win!! Would'nt it be ironic if la creme were to face their neighbours in the Final!

jaysay 30-01-2012 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966252)
Very fetching......
On a serous note though, what's happening to la creme? Last year at this time they were top of the table.....
Not off to Wembley, out of the Champions League there's always next year, but on the bright side la creme are still in the Europa League a cup that la creme have still yet to win!! Would'nt it be ironic if la creme were to face their neighbours in the Final!

Now that would be one match I would watch:rolleyes:

Mancie 31-01-2012 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966252)
Very fetching......

Yeah very fetching BG

BBC Sport - Liverpool apologise after website video shows alleged racist gesture

Reckon you should get your own house in order rather than worry about United .. aye?

Boeing Guy 31-01-2012 07:53

I do believe this is a forum about football.
I did not bring up the racist arguments, you did.
I feel that it was done as a cheap shot, seeing that Manchester United Football Club have lost some of their glitter.
But then again, what would I expect Mancie, you do the same with every political thread you don't agree with.

If I were you,
I would worry about your own team, after all they way they are going they won't be getting ANY silverware this year

jaysay 31-01-2012 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966511)
I feel that it was done as a cheap shot, seeing that Manchester United Football Club have lost some of their glitter.
But then again, what would I expect Mancie, you do the same with every political thread you don't agree with.

If I were you,
I would worry about your own team, after all they way they are going they won't be getting ANY silverware this year

And every true footballk supporter will cheer at that one;)

Boeing Guy 31-01-2012 12:44

Even better.....
It's the first time in the Premier League era that Manchester United have been out of the Champions League and FA Cup by this stage of the season.
hahahaha

Barrie Yates 31-01-2012 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966559)
Even better.....
It's the first time in the Premier League era that Manchester United have been out of the Champions League and FA Cup by this stage of the season.
hahahaha

More than can be said about the scousers or are they going to put in a late spurt for the Premier League in season 2012/2013:tongueout
Reports in this mornings paper that they are going to be investigated again for crowd problems - they do seem to have some real racist prats - on and off the field :D

Boeing Guy 31-01-2012 14:24

Glad to hear the team are to take action, there is no place in life for racism, unfortunately it will always happen, both on and off the pitch and in normal everyday life.
I would be careful knocking Liverpool after all Evra has been accused of racism as well

Patrice Evra video using n-word on YoutTube | Mail Online

unless of course Manchester United all live in a glass house........

No we will not win the league this year, but judging by Man U's recent form neither will they:tongueout

ToffeeGuy 31-01-2012 15:47

'King' Kenny has got Liverpool back to the level they were at under Benitez. In the meantime Spurs and City have overtaken them. Looks like being another 20+ years before the title comes back to Anfield.

They just can't beat the lesser teams at home and have no consistency.

Boeing Guy 31-01-2012 15:56

in 12 months....not bad

Mancie 31-01-2012 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966511)

If I were you,

Fair do's it is a cheap shot.. as for me doing the same in other threads I don't agree with, I reckon that's like the kettle calling the pan black.
I don't worry about United not winning silverware in this or any season..seems to me you lot do the worrying. :)

Boeing Guy 01-02-2012 07:51

Oh I don't know about worrying, we won 3 nil last night without Gerrard or Suarez, still in two cups, the final of one. It will be nice to go back to Wembley it's been too long.
Four points off a champions league place next year. I'd say things are looking up.

Boeing Guy 01-02-2012 16:02

I missed out luv

Barrie Yates 02-02-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966802)
Oh I don't know about worrying, we won 3 nil last night without Gerrard or Suarez, still in two cups, the final of one. It will be nice to go back to Wembley it's been too long.
Four points off a champions league place next year. I'd say things are looking up.

Yes the scousers do seem to be on a roll - of course it could still be a downhill one for them, but they did get 3 points closer to the top team, but nocloser to MUFC. Unfortunately they still need to win 6 more Premier League games than La Creme do - no chance.
Of course if they do get into the Champions league again there is always the chance that they will get all English clubs banned again with the numpties that support them:tongueout

Mancie 04-02-2012 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966802)

Maybe things are looking up for you boys but the league is not on the cards for years..you might think United are the competition..but it could Citeh, Spurs, Chelski or Arsenal. :D

Boeing Guy 04-02-2012 08:47

Yeah, I am with you there Mancie mate, after all it took Fergie several years when he joined to get the League for you.

But you have to start somewhere

cashman 04-02-2012 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 967782)
Maybe things are looking up for you boys but the league is not on the cards for years..you might think United are the competition..but it could Citeh, Spurs, Chelski or Arsenal. :D

Never say Never, it wasn't on the cards when Blackburn won it.;)

DaveinGermany 04-02-2012 11:05

Aye, we've had a few good results & hopefully we'll be putting some silver back in the cupboards this year. :D The title ? All in good time, we've waited this long & now there's a feel of buoyant optimism about the Club, who knows it may well happen sooner than expected. ;)

Barrie Yates 04-02-2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 967842)
Aye, we've had a few good results & hopefully we'll be putting some silver back in the cupboards this year. :D The title ? All in good time, we've waited this long & now there's a feel of buoyant optimism about the Club, who knows it may well happen sooner than expected. ;)

Well there is enough hot air emanating from there, more than enough to float a balloon:tongueout

Barrie Yates 04-02-2012 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 967828)
Never say Never, it wasn't on the cards when Blackburn won it.;)

One shot wonders and I seem to remember that JW spent a lot of money - just for one season of glory - no stamina or long term planning - not even short term:tongueout

DaveinGermany 04-02-2012 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 967858)
Well there is enough hot air emanating from there, more than enough to float a balloon:tongueout

Oh deary me, the noisy neighbours are kicking off again ! Could you just remind me again, at this present time Manky U have the chance of what this season ? ;)

Barrie Yates 06-02-2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 967861)
Oh deary me, the noisy neighbours are kicking off again ! Could you just remind me again, at this present time Manky U have the chance of what this season ? ;)

Premier League and entry into the Champion's League for next season - and scousers are going to win what????????;);):D

Boeing Guy 06-02-2012 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 968466)
Premier League and entry into the Champion's League for next season - and scousers are going to win what????????;);):D

Going off yesterday's result?
Okay well let's see:
There's the Carling Cup, we are in the Final
The FA Cup
And we are fighting for a Europa League Place.
Seeing Kenny has only been back for a year, that's pretty good after all it took Alex three years to win the FA cup...

jaysay 07-02-2012 10:11

Cat Power - Watch a cat crash a football game - Liverpool Tottenham - YouTube
Wow what a great performance by the new signing at Anfield, Liverpools new formation 4 Paw 4:D

Barrie Yates 07-02-2012 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 968488)
And we are fighting for a Europa League Place.

Must be Kung Fu Fighting after seeing Suarez kicking Parker in the chest. Then there was the laser in the Spurs players face, what a section of morons support the scousers.
Pity that KK, or should it now be KKK, can't move on - Suarez was found to be guilty, KK should just move on. That said, I think there will be a fair bit of aggro on Saturday.

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 15:39

So why mention it Barrie, unless you are trying to provoke a reaction?
Let's see what Saturday brings

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 17:02

Speaking of Racism and Idiotic fans Barrie, I would be very careful. After all Man U have some as well.
Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match | Football | guardian.co.uk

If we are talking of Kung Fu Kicks, then why no mention of Eric Cantona? Surely the greatest Kung Fu kick of all time

jaysay 07-02-2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 968724)
Speaking of Racism and Idiotic fans Barrie, I would be very careful. After all Man U have some as well.
Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match | Football | guardian.co.uk

If we are talking of Kung Fu Kicks, then why no mention of Eric Cantona? Surely the greatest Kung Fu kick of all time

How dare you mention King Eric, the french trawler hand, he's god at the theatre of merchandising Si:rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 18:25

and that's the rub Jay, if the racist Manchester United thug had been a Liverpool thug, then it would have been all over the papers and screams off our manc set here shouting the odds.
However they stay silent and make out that everyone else is at fault.
Still we are with in spitting distance of a Champions League place next year, which would be nice. Its about time we won a Sixth, now how many have mancy u won???

DaveinGermany 07-02-2012 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 968756)
now how many have mancy u won???

Er ..... let me see now ..... could it be ? Is it ? I know ........ less than us, yes, definitely less than us ! ;) :D

PS/ wouldn't normally pull folk about their spelling there BG, but it's spelt Manky U as in, proper manky :D

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 20:21

Thanks for the spell check Dave, I would not want the Manky's pointing that out, b@@@@y ipads!

So just let me get this, we have won FIVE, yes FIVE European Cups and they have .......three. Oh well this year I am sure they will win a fourth...oops!
Well there's always next year, but then we could well be there after our SIXTH:tongueout

DaveinGermany 07-02-2012 20:34

2 Attachment(s)
Aye BG, 5 (Five) it is. :)

Mancie 07-02-2012 21:24

:D Nuff said....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqKQY...eature=related

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 21:40

Very good Mancie, very good.
Still only 1 in front though and it could well stay that way this year, judging by your pesky neighbours.
However, we have seen you twice this year and Drew once and Won the other. I am hoping for a repeat of March 2009, bring on saturday

cashman 07-02-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 967859)
One shot wonders and I seem to remember that JW spent a lot of money - just for one season of glory - no stamina or long term planning - not even short term:tongueout

Still the only "Small Town" club to win it , n likely to remain so, Why is that i wonder?:confused: City clubs= Much bigger grounds/gates, so obviously less merchandising,less media coverage etc, n blatanly obvious how much scum have spent year after year after year,more than likely go down this time, but will still get around 20.000 "Real Fans" Scum "NEVER" had that many real uns.:tongueout

jaysay 08-02-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 968812)
Thanks for the spell check Dave, I would not want the Manky's pointing that out, b@@@@y ipads!

So just let me get this, we have won FIVE, yes FIVE European Cups and they have .......three. Oh well this year I am sure they will win a fourth...oops!
Well there's always next year, but then we could well be there after our SIXTH:tongueout

Am I right in thinking that 4 of Liverpool's 5 were actually won when the were champions not second like in the case of other clubs;)

jaysay 10-02-2012 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 968647)
Cat Power - Watch a cat crash a football game - Liverpool Tottenham - YouTube
Wow what a great performance by the new signing at Anfield, Liverpools new formation 4 Paw 4:D

Update on the cat
Funny Cat Problem

Barrie Yates 11-02-2012 10:45

What has happened to the "fantastic" scouse support?
Deloitte Football Money League Revenue Table (does not include transfer dealings), shows Real & Barca in 1 & 2 with La Creme in 3rd place. No change in the top 7 places but Liverpool are in 9th, having been overtaken by Inter. Not on;y that but they have actually had a fall in revenue, the only clob in the top 12 to do so.
United - £331.4M Liverpool £183.6M suggests maybe that Liverpool support is waning?

Boeing Guy 11-02-2012 11:02

Seeing that Liverpool are one of the few clubs to release a new strip every two years, will cost a few quid. After all Man U do so every season? Maybe they should rip their supporters off just like la creme?