Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Rochdale Sponsored Walk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rochdale-sponsored-walk-49202.html)

Redraine 27-10-2009 18:53

Re: Rochdale Sponsored Walk

I don't begrudge my blackened toe nails, but having to refund money already donated is humiliating in the extreme.

maccawozzagod 27-10-2009 19:01

any monies raised could still come in!!! we'll need money to reform .

Whalley Red 27-10-2009 19:01

If the unthinkable does happen tomorrow, could the monies that are collected be given to Coley instead of O'Neill? That way, we can at least get some of the funds to Coley, Jimmy and the players as a means of saying thank you for the memories. They will lose more than anyone if there is no club after tomorrow.

MCR ADIM 27-10-2009 19:50

Think along the same lines mate think we should give all the money to coley to be shared oiut between him JB and the players. If we do go we are losing out on alot, Symes turning into a good player for us, Bobby grant is really coming though as a good up and coming player can go onto higher level and will, Turner not had much chance this season but has performed ever game, the back for specialy edwards, they are all working together now, winnard and kempo, jimmy ryan quality player. JC AND JB as much passion for the club as the fans, work hard get the players in the right frame of mind specially in these 8 weeks to win games and play realy good football. What the players and the management must be thinking as they proberly know, sleepless nights just like the rest of us.

K.S.H 27-10-2009 19:53

Well I wont be collecting any more money until I can tell people what its being used for, they will have the choice then if they want to pay up or not, any thats already paid will be asked if they want it back if its not going to the original cause that they sponsored me for

K.S.H 28-10-2009 15:29

Cat and Dog update:
The cat didn't make it, had too many injuries and they had to put it to sleep.

The dog is still at the vets but will be going to the RSPCA tomorrow.
No-one has claimed either of them,
Wonder if Winstanley wants a mate :D

VALAIRIAN 28-10-2009 16:53

Cheers Ken

katei77 29-10-2009 19:24

Whalley under 16"s team have asked me to pass on their grateful thanks to the OSC for the donation of bottled water for players use at games.

This was water what was left from the walk

Redraine 01-11-2009 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 750621)
okay folks, this is probably the biggest fan initiative fund raiser we have left.

There are currently around 80 people pledged to do the walk and I am still hoping for more. It could be our last chance to publicly demonstrate our love for Stanley, or it could be our opportunity to publicly celebrate defeating this first hurdle in our quest for debt free Stanley.

Please do all you can to secure sponsorship and let's try to get to £10,000. All we can do now is do our best and let the suits do what they can (because god knows they've feck all else).

If everything goes tits up and we find ourselves without a club this is money that we will use to kick start A.F.C.A.S. or whatever comes next.

I WILL PUT THE FUNDS THROUGH THE SUPPORTERS CLUB BANK ACCOUNT

and if anybody else has any monies they want to pay in for anything at all please feel free to utilise this option

Rob, can you give me, or pm me, the Supporters Club bank account details so I can send over my sponsors money?

maccawozzagod 01-11-2009 19:41

PM sent

Tin Monkey 01-11-2009 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 759395)
PM sent

Could you do the same for me too please Rob? I could then transfer the cash over and then it's done. I haven't collected it all yet, but I'm back in work tomorrow and I'll soon have it.

maccawozzagod 01-11-2009 20:49

PM sent

K.S.H 01-11-2009 21:16

Dog update:
I was passing the RSPCA today so I called in to see how the dog is doing.
They have named him Chance, he's doing really well, wound on his head as almost healed but he still has stitches in, his swollen eye has gone down but is still a little red and it irritates him a little, he has no other injuries.
He's very lively and friendly, all the staff up there love him.
Shame no-one has claimed him, they said it will be 28 days before the consider re-homing him, I'm not sure if that's 28 days from when they got him or from when he was taken to the vets.
I was going to take a photo of him but they wouldn't allow it.

VALAIRIAN 01-11-2009 21:59

I think we should re-name him Winstanley and he should be our lucky mascot.

K.S.H 08-11-2009 12:56

Just a gentle reminder to get your sponsor money in to be in for a chance to win the signed shirt and signed photo
I spoke to Rob yesterday and he's going to give it until the end of the month, everyone's should be in by then.