Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Rochdale Sponsored Walk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rochdale-sponsored-walk-49202.html)

K.S.H 24-10-2009 05:19

Re: Rochdale Sponsored Walk

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1256361545

shillelagh 24-10-2009 07:38

an update on the walk ...

the last ones are just through rising bridge now.

shillelagh 24-10-2009 07:55

10 Attachment(s)
now the photos of them coming through .... as i promised ...

shillelagh 24-10-2009 07:58

9 Attachment(s)
and more ....

Kiwi John 24-10-2009 08:06

I'm following their progress on Google Satellite thingy..thanks for the pics..

Doug 24-10-2009 08:16

Well done Jen, keep them coming.........:)

shillelagh 24-10-2009 08:36

sorry thats it doug ... theyre well on their way now .. should be hitting road end at least ... the back markers that is!!!

By the way a staffie dog was found just before hollands .. its on its way to the vets at clitheroe ..

flashy 24-10-2009 08:38

good pics Jen, my mate and her son look a tad wet

Kisser 24-10-2009 09:13

Got a call from Jase first thing this morning about the kitten hit by a car with two broken legs - if anyone else witnessed this or has any information can you please get in touch as the police want a description of events and the car. And secondly the dog that was found which we suspect was shot in the head - they think this is too much of a conincidence for two injured animals on the same stretch of road. They are both at the vets in Clitheroe on drips - we took them to RSPCA centre. I can't believe somebody would hit a cat and drive off, and to shoot a dog is sick. I will call Clitheroe later to see how they are both doing. If anyone knows anything or who these animals belong to please get in touch. Neither animals was chipped. Thanks xx

AccyMad 24-10-2009 09:40

Got a text from my youngest about 10 o'clock - they were at Edenfield so making good time, :) ............. and guess who's not amongst the walkers (as he promised) Mr o"Neil .... apparently he is going to join them en-route though?

AccyMad 24-10-2009 11:10

Another update at 11 o'clock - they have only 2 miles to go (apparently it's downhill :)) & Dave O'Neil has just joined them

ukcowboy 24-10-2009 11:13

OOPS..............sorry!

LongLostSon 24-10-2009 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 756050)
Another update at 11 o'clock - they have only 2 miles to go (apparently it's downhill :)) & Dave O'Neil has just joined them

So what's he said about next week - is there any point in being in t'morra's cup draw ?

K.S.H 24-10-2009 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisser (Post 756010)
Got a call from Jase first thing this morning about the kitten hit by a car with two broken legs - if anyone else witnessed this or has any information can you please get in touch as the police want a description of events and the car. And secondly the dog that was found which we suspect was shot in the head - they think this is too much of a conincidence for two injured animals on the same stretch of road. They are both at the vets in Clitheroe on drips - we took them to RSPCA centre. I can't believe somebody would hit a cat and drive off, and to shoot a dog is sick. I will call Clitheroe later to see how they are both doing. If anyone knows anything or who these animals belong to please get in touch. Neither animals was chipped. Thanks xx

Update to this:
Both are in a bad way and still haven't been claimed, the cat might not make it :mad:
1st thought on the dog was that it had been shot has it had a perfect circular deep wound to the front of its head and losing a lot of blood, as actually been run over and possibly dragged under the car and something hit it in the forehead.
How can anyone do this and drive on :confused: if you say you can then please let me know if I ever run over you, I'll do the same!
when I hear anything I will let you all know, sure Liz will too.
Liz - your a star, I know how upset you where, spoke to you a couple of times since, you did a great job - THANK YOU

Kisser 24-10-2009 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 756256)
Update to this:
Liz - your a star, I know how upset you where, spoke to you a couple of times since, you did a great job - THANK YOU

I just did whatever I thought anybody with any ounce of decency would do - and that would be take any injured animal for help. I still can't believe that someone would drive off and leave a pet lying for dead on the side of the road. And as for two injured animals that is just something totally unreal.

Real thanks goes to Jase and the kids for stopping and going through their phone book ringing everyone and anyone at stupid am to see who would answer their phone. Just glad I didn't have my phone on silent this morning, unlike Lucy!!!

Hope they are both going to be ok. Will let you know tomorrow xx