Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Rochdale Sponsored Walk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rochdale-sponsored-walk-49202.html)

SamF 07-10-2009 20:27

Re: Rochdale Sponsored Walk

Good plan with the donations going into the OSC funds, I didn't want it to be wasted... I need to get round to getting people to sponsor me

maccawozzagod 07-10-2009 23:01

alright for forms at the moment Ken

Just as aside, and for everyone else, if you spot anybody with dodgy looking forms and you are not sure about the person, could you please let me know and I can try to get to the bottom of it. An eagle eyed forum member has already collared one possible conman.

Same goes for any collection anywhere, if it looks possibly dodgy beware of it - there will be people trying to profit on the back of our fundraising.

tractorboy81 12-10-2009 14:14

just want 2 know how i can get on the walk,where do we start,where do we finish,what time do we leave.what should i bring with me.

VALAIRIAN 12-10-2009 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorboy81 (Post 752868)
just want 2 know how i can get on the walk,where do we start,where do we finish,what time do we leave.what should i bring with me.

Speak to Macca, tomorrow night or http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...alk-49254.html :)

Willie Miller 12-10-2009 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorboy81 (Post 752868)

We start at the club, finish at Spotland, have a little stop at the Cat **** Pub (maybe not this year!). Last year we started at 7am, there is a safety vehicle with booze & water (for the ladies). Last year it had 2 St Trinians in it... Club Photographer pops up every now & then (smile please)

The back of the walk is always harder than the front BTW....

Then we usually get beat in the game & I fall asleep in the crown, hoepfully after Loweiy gets carried out!

You'll love it, so will TM & Redraine

tractorboy81 12-10-2009 21:41

do the crown rent out rooms for the whole weekend,bcause i will need 2 be up there friday night,all day saturday,and drive home on the sunday,and can i pick a ticket up for the rochdale game 2morrow.

mab 12-10-2009 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractorboy81 (Post 752983)
do the crown rent out rooms for the whole weekend,bcause i will need 2 be up there friday night,all day saturday,and drive home on the sunday,and can i pick a ticket up for the rochdale game 2morrow.

:) Pay on the gate for the Dale game!! Dont know if they let rooms at the crown but im sure someone will sort you out:)

Willie Miller 12-10-2009 22:42

The Stanley Ultras Motel is always open, talk tomorrow

Redraine 13-10-2009 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 752961)
We start at the club, finish at Spotland, have a little stop at the Cat **** Pub (maybe not this year!). Last year we started at 7am, there is a safety vehicle with booze & water (for the ladies). Last year it had 2 St Trinians in it... Club Photographer pops up every now & then (smile please)

The back of the walk is always harder than the front BTW....

Then we usually get beat in the game & I fall asleep in the crown, hoepfully after Loweiy gets carried out!

You'll love it, so will TM & Redraine

7.00 am? Surely 9.00 am is early enough please. 4-5 hours, Loweiy says!

baldy 13-10-2009 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 753075)

Was an earlier KO last season!

SamF 13-10-2009 14:48

How do we go about getting back ? Coach or sort selves out ?

Tin Monkey 13-10-2009 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 753075)

At an average of 3mph, you're looking at up to 6 hours if it's 17.5 miles, even without stops.

Redraine 13-10-2009 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 753176)
At an average of 3mph, you're looking at up to 6 hours if it's 17.5 miles, even without stops.

Ok, that figures. I just thought Loweiy would have based it on last year's times. Anybody remember how long it actually took them last year?

maccawozzagod 13-10-2009 18:09

set off time is indeed 7am - just like last time.

The earliest folk last time out were in the pub for around 11:30am with the last ones arriving no later than 12:30pm. A decent 1 1/2 hours in the pub before walking the last mile to the ground.

Transport back will be provided. JT is talking to Rigby's about FOC coaches for the walkers, but failing that I think OSC would probably sort it. Forgot to put it on the agenda last night but I will ring around to ensure it happens. Still hoping for a reply from Rochdale ref discounted admission ....

Tin Monkey 14-10-2009 19:21

I'm glad it's a 7am start. It'll give me time to actually get there before the kick-off...............lol