Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coley-and-jimmy-demand-contract-resolution-53439.html)

Pendle Red 02-10-2010 17:44

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Any other Clubs who might have an eye on the Coley & Jimmy will not have failed to been impressed by Today's Scoreline or if they watch the highlights to see what they have instilled and brought to Accy over & over again down the years.:)

Whatever the hold up is it is a no brainer to I would imagine everyone with Stanley at heart and summat between there ears:(

cashman 02-10-2010 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 849291)
Any other Clubs who might have an eye on the Coley & Jimmy will not have failed to been impressed by Today's Scoreline or if they watch the highlights to see what they have instilled and brought to Accy over & over again down the years.:)

Whatever the hold up is it is a no brainer to I would imagine everyone with Stanley at heart and summat between there ears:(

yer quite correct neil, but yer referring to people wi no brains.:rolleyes:

yonmon 02-10-2010 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 849104)
Couldnt agree more SM, and IMHO the longer the saga goes on, the more likely, that should an acceptable offer come along, whether that be Lincoln or another club, then the dynamic duo will have to seriously consider moving on.

To treat JC and JB with such contempt is totally unacceptable and we as fans should now be making those who 'run' the club aware of the depth and strenghth of feeling on the matter.

From today's Telegraph...

Chief executive Rob Heys said: “They have done a great job and we hope they will be at Accrington for many years to come.
“They do have a rolling contract, it’s not as if they haven’t got anything.
“But it would be nice now the season has started to get the contracts sorted.”

Will someone please tell him about D o'N's typist who has been hard at it since April ....or was the MD (?)s pronouncement merely a sly and sneaky ruse to discombobulate all who would like to see the affairs of Accrington Stanley placed on an even keel...It's enough to make one feel that prevarication is afoot, which is for Managers,Players and we Supporters just not on!..

and from Jimmy Bell....(Same article!).....

If anyone was to offer us anything we would have to speak to them.
“We have still not got our contract situation sorted and there may come a point where you have to look after yourself.
“It has been going on for nearly 12 months now. The contracts are all agreed but I don’t know who’s offering us the contract or who owns the club.
“But of course we want to stay here. We love the place.”

Now isn't this a sad state of affairs ??....I'm sure that I am not only speaking for myself when I say that it is so disappointing after seeing the results of John and Jimmy's Managing and coaching this afternoon, to read these words...I only hope that it does not become a self-fulfilling prophesy !!....I am beginning to despair again !!

Revived Red 02-10-2010 20:41

From Coley's comments on the lapses in today's game:

"The lads know they're responsible, it's not as if they're going to hide behind anything. They've held their hands up...."

How wonderful it would be if those in the most senior positions in ASFC [i.e. the owner(s) - whoever he/they may be] could follow the example of the players who represent them (and us) so magnificently.

Wynonie Harris 05-10-2010 11:43

Accrington Stanley boss Coleman top of Lincoln's wanted list (From Lancashire Telegraph)

This situation has gone beyond a joke now. How much longer do we have to wait for you to do the right thing, O'Neill? :mad: :mad: :mad:

shakermaker 05-10-2010 11:54

Something similar from their end Wyn: John Coleman is top choice to become Imps' new manager – and he's interested

ukcowboy 05-10-2010 12:09

I hate to say it, but can I refer FC Stanley to my earlier post on this subject?

This really does go beyond the pale, O'Neil MUST sort this and GO!

shakermaker 05-10-2010 12:27

Coleman is a legend here and whatever happens I will love him and his offspring's offspring forever, but I would be really disappointed at the lack of ambition if he moved to Lincoln. Kind of a Kenny Arthur situation but on a much, much larger scale.

This uncertainty cannot be good for the players. As soon as we get things right on the field with the best team we've ever had, the cancer that is O'Neill moves to destroy everything. Come on Ilyas, boot him into touch already and let's get the duo tied down to the big fat contracts they deserve.

Stanleymad 05-10-2010 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 849983)

This uncertainty cannot be good for the players. As soon as we get things right on the field with the best team we've ever had, the cancer that is O'Neill moves to destroy everything. Come on Ilyas, boot him into touch already and let's get the duo tied down to the big fat contracts they deserve.

All i can say is patience my friend;);):D

cashman 05-10-2010 12:36

i would be disappointed big time if they left, but don't think its a lack of ambition shaker, to want yer money when its due n the same fer yer players? n to also want the contract ya were promised, whilst lincoln aint chelsea, there a a damn site more stable than us. attract bigger gates, therefore giving management more funds to play with. Oneil has treated coley n bell wi nowt but disdain imho.:mad:

shakermaker 05-10-2010 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 849985)
i would be disappointed big time if they left, but don't think its a lack of ambition shaker, to want yer money when its due n the same fer yer players? n to also want the contract ya were promised, whilst lincoln aint chelsea, there a a damn site more stable than us. attract bigger gates, therefore giving management more funds to play with. Oneil has treated coley n bell wi nowt but disdain imho.

All fair points Cashy, but I believe that Coleman could quite easily be taken on at a Championship club. If Nigel bloody Clough can do it, so can Coley. Hence the 'lack of ambition' statement.

If Coleman took over at Lincoln - even with the benefits of a better wage, a solid contract and better facilities to use - he would be judged by how much mediocrity he could achieve in the same league as he is in us. With the hideous impatience shown by League Two boardrooms, who's to say he would be given the time necessary to exercise the "potential" at Lincoln that he speaks of?

I suppose we can throw pro/con lists at it all we want but our only hope is that someone pulls their finger out around here and gets these contracts signed. It really is ridiculous.

loweiy 05-10-2010 12:56

Its time for change indeed but not the manager!

JEFF 05-10-2010 12:57

Latest from Lincoln
John Coleman is top choice to become Imps' new manager – and he's interested

yonmon 05-10-2010 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 849985)
i would be disappointed big time if they left, but don't think its a lack of ambition shaker, to want yer money when its due n the same fer yer players? n to also want the contract ya were promised, whilst lincoln aint chelsea, there a a damn site more stable than us. attract bigger gates, therefore giving management more funds to play with. Oneil has treated coley n bell wi nowt but disdain imho.:mad:

Re. Lincoln and JC....heard that Radio Lancs suggest today (5th) that they have made an offer !!...

NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE CASHY ????.

Just heard 2pm News and they say Coley is Favourite for the Job...and an interview with Ilyas Khan reveals again his surprise that JC and JB have not been given their Contracts !!...IK Describes JC as 'The best Manager in the Football League !!.

WHAT IS GOING ON !!!

cashman 05-10-2010 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by loweiy (Post 849990)
Its time for change indeed but not the manager!

agree, just hope it aint too late.:eek: