Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What price can poor Accrington afford? How much will people pay?
£10 14 53.85%
£8 5 19.23%
£5 1 3.85%
FREE 3 11.54%
£13/15 next game half price 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 19:41   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Attendances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I saw an Asian bloke on the match yesterday. At the Clayton End too.
thats good,but they need to attract the kids. that was only 1 in 1300 or so. once footballs in yer blood its a very hard habit to break.

Last edited by cashman; 09-09-2007 at 19:44.
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2007, 19:46   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats good,but they need to attract the kids. that was only 1 in 1300 or so. once footballs in yer blood its a very hard habit to break.

Instead of the crossbar challenge why don't they get a penalty competetion for local schools or kids football teams. Generates interest for quite a while and parents who are daft like me will pay to get on the match just to see their little darlings take part.
Old 09-09-2007, 19:54   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Instead of the crossbar challenge why don't they get a penalty competetion for local schools or kids football teams. Generates interest for quite a while and parents who are daft like me will pay to get on the match just to see their little darlings take part.
thats a good idea to me dave, and going back to my last post,once footballs in yer blood its a very hard habit to break.that was proved to me when i lived in spain, went too a few Malaga matches n was amazed to see a couple of 100 brits at the matches and we were the" Asians" there. they even had a british Malaga supporters branch in benalmadena and ran a coach to the matches.
Old 09-09-2007, 20:07   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
I saw an Asian bloke on the match yesterday. At the Clayton End too.
Nah that was me dressed up for a fancy dress party I was going to after the game.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-09-2007, 20:24   #20
Member.

Some very sincere comments to what are and will remain convoluted issues for Accrington and the, club, personally I don’t mind the price of the gate, and it doubles that when I factor in petrol, a programme, a pint and a doggy burger. I have missed the last three games because of unemployment. However, I can understand why people might feel that it’s still expensive. It may be worth Eric doing a trial period of having an across the board gate price of a Tenner just to test the waters. It may cost the club 5 grand on the current gate but if the figure increases by 1600 then the club would be quid’s in.

But what if he doesn’t, can we still survive and move forward?

Will people turn up in significant numbers if he does?

Now for my personal opinion……..

We’re stuck in the past, we need to move on from the tat and promote the Stanley of today and the future and stop trading on our glorious past.

What I don’t see is up beat advertising of what you can get from seeing Stanley at our best, playing first class football. No posters in town, no shirts on the backs of our target group of what I would suspect would be 12 to 35. All we see on here or in the press is grumbling and ball licking about how bad we are or how bad the gate is. Make it a good decent day out for everyone.

Gate £10 across the ground.

Put some decent entertainment on pre Match and Half time.

Get some decent food options on the menu - Bacon Barn with proper HP.

Above all some positive, good news advertising across the east Lancs area every week.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-09-2007, 20:41   #21
God Member

There's one option that wouldn't cost the club anything!
Get Fraser the Eagle down town giving under 12's tickets, they already have these but might need to order a few more, If they just target the kids, likes been said earlier the parents will go with them, It's alright saying its free to under 12's but you have to get them there, the kids probably don't know as they probably don't read the papers, parents probably don't tell them either, give them a ticket and the parents will take them or the kids will play holy hell if they don't

www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-09-2007, 20:48   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
There is if you're one of the 118 season ticket holders this year. Season ticket holders were treated poorly last year, so if we ended up out of pocket this year, nobody would be buying one next year.

You can't go reducing prices mid-way through a season. They did it with the under-12s and alienated sections of the fanbase.
thats a good valid point Tin Monkey, blackburn did similar a couple of seasons ago and DID alienate sections of the fan base.mid-season is not the time to play with prices.i go back to the clubs Google Page Ranking if they got any, they NEED to target KIDS, as dave said kids soon become dads in a few years.
Old 09-09-2007, 20:49   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
There's one option that wouldn't cost the club anything!
Get Fraser the Eagle down town giving under 12's tickets, they already have these but might need to order a few more, If they just target the kids, likes been said earlier the parents will go with them, It's alright saying its free to under 12's but you have to get them there, the kids probably don't know as they probably don't read the papers, parents probably don't tell them either, give them a ticket and the parents will take them or the kids will play holy hell if they don't
Why not give them out at schools, thats what our lot do including ones in Accrington.
Old 09-09-2007, 20:52   #24
God Member

Quote:
Why not give them out at schools, thats what our lot do including ones in Accrington.
Yeah, either way, as long as the kids get them I'm sure they'll give their parent hell till they get to use them

www.ubuntu.com

Old 09-09-2007, 21:57   #25
God Member

Quote:
they will be doing. At the Barrowford show the Football in the Community programme ran a penalty shoot out. The kids who got 8 out of 10 or more were given prizes and their details taken. At some point this season they will be invited back to take part in a proper penalty shoot out.

Quote:
they will be doing. Again the FITC team are actively working with the schools from here on in. It's something we've never had before, so it has got to be given time. BUt they are now doing these things. Apparently as well, there is some kind of code of conduct between clubs that they will not encroach on each others territory without prior permission., Burnley will now have to scale things down in this area (so too Blackburn) and that should allow us to set our stall out properly.

As nobody knows about these things because it's not on the website, it's no wonder that they are commented on, but the main thing is that work is now being done to encourage the future.

I would go a step further than the under 12's free and make it anybody under 16 with their parents gets in for free. At the JPT game there were a few groups of chavs knocking about here and there who had obviously only come ' for the warmth' as they were blatantly not watching the football, but they may get the bug. At that game under 16's were free.
Old 09-09-2007, 22:05   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Macca mate thats good to hear. the Kids gotta be the starting point in my opinion.
Old 09-09-2007, 22:14   #27
God Member

no worries Cashman, I believe in communication
Old 09-09-2007, 22:54   #28
Senior Member+

I believe, that children are the future
Teach them well, and let them lead the way

(Sorry, bit of an "Early Doors" addict)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43   #29
Junior Member+

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Works for me....</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
Not sure anyone goes to an under 21 group.

Stanley already have the best free entry option ( under 12 ) . I think the nearest one to that is under 7's free at Preston. At Burnley there is no free admission group and I'm sure somebody could enlighten us with what the others do.

I think concessions for most clubs stop at 16 with possibly a student rate for those above 16 but still at college/university.

Perhaps they could try all under 16's free as long as it's bought with an adult ticket ?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:04   #30
God Member

If the club started meddling about with prices now in the scale that some are suggesting, eg: admitting under 16's free I for one would not be happy unless I was going to get my money back that I've already paid for my 13 years olds season ticket - these things have to be done before the start of the season. I was caught out last season when, after I'd paid for his ticket, all under 12's were then let in for free - I didn't moan about that one because as previous season ticket holders we had got them at conference prices & so I'd only paid 40 quid for it and by the time the change came in I reckoned he'd had his moneys worth.
The same goes if they decided they could reduce the adult admission price - what about the people who have already paid up-front.
How exactly would either of these changes help the club when they'd be upsetting a large section of their fanbase?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..