Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2010, 18:35   #16
God Member

Re: Bobby Grant Gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post
bring craney back on a free transfer
he hasnt got a club
thanks but no thanks

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2010, 18:36   #17
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
thanks but no thanks
why not? he had a great career with us and it was a shame when he left
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 18:45   #18
God Member

Craney was inspirational & inventive first time around, second time around showed glimpses of his past glories but they were sporadic.

It's no use keep looking back we have to move on, forward, we have enough midfielders barring a left sided one

at the end of the day It's a football club not friends reunited, I suppose I mean by that don't let sentiment & emotions cloud your judgement

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 24-05-2010 at 18:50.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 18:46   #19
Senior Member+

Couldent agree more Pendle
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 19:17   #20
Senior Member+

Gutted isn't the word !
Wonder what fee we will command from the tribunal?

Posted via Mobile Device
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 19:28   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post
bring craney back on a free transfer
he hasnt got a club
Two of the things you have quoted should give you the answer, he has had his best days with us, we need to look forward, or we will be having Cav at RB and Mullers up front!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 19:52   #22
Super Moderator

[quote=Nickelson;817299]Gutted isn't the word !
Wonder what fee we will command from the tribunal?

It depends on a number of things, including Youth development costs, medical information, value to club, games played etc.

What I do belive is we have the FACTS to prove our youth + medical dept do a FANtastic job, and hopefully this will result in a FAIR fee!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 20:21   #23
Senior Member+

Is it right that we paid for some operation prior to him playing professional football or did I dream that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 20:42   #24
Full Member+

Gutted....though you can't blame the lad. However the fact that it will be decided by tribunal doesn't fill me with much optimism.

They're notorious for undervaluing players. Will they impose a clause on the deal??? Will the fee they have to pay reflect the TRUE value of the lad and his undoubted potential???

Can we replace Grant and Symes with like for like and players who can drive the club forward??? This news coupled with the possibility; and realistically, probability of Symes off to pastures new, makes signing Kee a must.

Hope Coley enjoyed his holiday....the hard work starts now and he'll have to act fast to get suitable replacements snapped up, before all we're left with is other folks dead wood to choose from. He's going to have to rebuild our entire front line from scratch.

And this will teach the club a harsh lesson.In the future they will have to tie key players down on longer term contracts. Otherwise this scenario may come back to bite us on the posterior again.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 20:44   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Is it right that we paid for some operation prior to him playing professional football or did I dream that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Medical information has to remain confidental, BUT you're not dreaming
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 20:53   #26
Senior Member+

If any one can recall a case where a club were happy with a tribunal award tell me about it because it eludes me.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 21:04   #27
Senior Member+

absoulty gutted!! grant was a great younger striker/winger! loved watching him play his passion for the game!! his engery everything!! good luck to him no doubt he will be on quite abit more than he is at Stanley and to play infront of alot of people!! just hoping the money can be put to good use!! and think it also says something about our academy as he came through that natured by coley and jb!! good luck bobby

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 21:11   #28

we need to get players on bigger contracts now ... good look bobby .... beach 4 you now .. but good luck
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 21:33   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think if he goes to Scunny, that whilst going up the ladder, aint the best move fer him, no disrespect to Scunny,think the lad would do much better, if he remained at stanley fer 1 more season, also so would stanley, don't wish bobby any ill will, but think he's being a bit numb.
Old 24-05-2010, 21:36   #30
Senior Member+

he's probery talked to coley jb and other players!! he's 19 getting to play in championship on better wages infront of 10000 people!! I know what I would do at 19!! good luck to him hope it all works out!! hes going have a great career!!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..