Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2010, 21:46   #31
God Member

Re: Bobby Grant Gone :(

I wouldn't rush to spend any money from the tribunal, they are still sorting last summers stuff out yet
Old 24-05-2010, 21:52   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
I know what I would do at 19!! good luck to him hope it all works out!! hes going have a great career!!
can understand that line of thought, i was a numpty at 19, as many are. still don't make it sensible.
Old 24-05-2010, 22:01   #33
Senior Member+

Good choice for Bobby tbh! Little Championship club that he can shine!! with not as much pressure as other clubs!!

Absolutely gutted though! Amazing guy and a superb player!! Well be very much missed as a player and also a person within the club! Always had a chat with fans after and before the match!!

His heart was with Stanley!!! and thats why we all wish him well! He loved the club and also loved Coley and the fans!! He must have a very good offer their and a deal he couldnt refuse!! Playing football is a job and if he can earn more money and achieve more things higher up the leagues then thats fair enough!

Good luck Bobby, superb bloke!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 22:47   #34
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
If any one can recall a case where a club were happy with a tribunal award tell me about it because it eludes me.
Daniel Sturridge: C+

Chelsea player former Manchester City prodigy’s talent and ability is not in doubt, but his attitude and aptitude will decide how long it is before he overtakes Salomon Kalou in the pecking order — and then starts challenging Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba for a starting role.

A tribunal decided the Blues would pay an initial fee of £3.5 million for Sturridge. With the confidence that he can cut it at the highest level, that fee should prove a bargain over time..... We may get a 10th of this with a sell on writen in to the contract
Old 24-05-2010, 23:11   #35
mab
God Member

Bobby Grant - Scunthorpe United FC forum from footymad.net Irons message board
Old 24-05-2010, 23:29   #36

Evenin' all,

Scunny fan in peace. Seems that most of you are disappointed he's leaving so thats a good sign. Would have been flapping a bit if the general view had been you were pleased to see the back of him.

I understand we had a bid turned down for him last week (just the opening gambit i assume) and that you boys value him arouind £200k perhaps with a few add ons?

If thats the case then i'd be surprised if it ever saw a tribunal, a compromise will be reached i'd have thought.

You certainly wont want to take your chances with a tribunal and will want the funds ASAP and we wont want it hanging over until next season so a deal will be done i think.

A couple of season we brough in Martin Paterson from Stoke and the tribunal was delayed until after the start of the season.

Here was a lad who couldnt get in Stoke's reserves and just had a few games experience out on loan in League 2.

We expected to pay around £150k for him but by the time the tribunal sat he was scoring plenty of goals in the CCC.

The tribunal werent meant to take that into account but of course they do, it's natural. So, we got hammered for £350k with sell ons on top. Thats not a route we'll go down again i think!

Scunny will be a good move for him if he's able to step up.

We are by far and away the smallest club in the CCC and cant compete with any of the sides in that league cash wise so we have to shop around the lower leagues and conference.

We bring young players in, polish them up a bit and then wave goodbye when a bigger club comes in for them

In the last few years we've shifted Andy Keogh to Wolves (850k), Billy Sharp to Sheff Utd (2m), Paterson to Burnley (1.2m) etc etc.

Next out the door will be Gary Hooper, who couldnt get a game for Southend's reserves when we signed him but has scored 50 in the last two seasons and looks like he's off to Celtic for the fat end of £2.5m.

So, all in all, if he's got the wherewithalls it's a move that will work out well and there will be few quid for everyone when he moves on - us with the big fee and you with the initial sale price and subsequent sell on.

One things that interests me though. His scoring record has shown a marked upward curve this season (i appreciate he hadnt played that many games for you prior to that point).

Has he been playing all season up front or switching between the wing and up front?

Best of luck anyway for next season

Last edited by andy070170; 24-05-2010 at 23:32.
andy070170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 23:37   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ya got a real promising kid yon mate, will be missed big time here, as we are smaller club than you, know the script, hope the lad does well fer ya n hes a good kid to boot.
Old 24-05-2010, 23:40   #38
mab
God Member

Quote:
I understand we had a bid turned down for him last week (just the opening gambit i assume) and that you boys value him arouind £200k perhaps with a few add ons?
first we've heard of this was this afternoon!Not heard a wisper from the club of any bids for any player as of yet ,its not even on the stanley web siteBut you've got a good lad who plys his trade well
Old 25-05-2010, 08:15   #39
mab
God Member

Todays Telegraph latest on bobby!! Stanley hoping to get £250k fee Accrington hope for £250K for departing Grant (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 25-05-2010, 08:31   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Todays Telegraph latest on bobby!! Stanley hoping to get £250k fee Accrington hope for £250K for departing Grant (From Lancashire Telegraph)
to be honest think stanley are undervaluing grant, 19 yrs old, many of his goal were not simple tap ins, reckon they should have been saying at least 100K more than that.
Old 25-05-2010, 08:36   #41
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to be honest think stanley are undervaluing grant, 19 yrs old, many of his goal were not simple tap ins, reckon they should have been saying at least 100k more than that.
i agree cashy but with todays market and the fact that hes out of contract £250k is more of a realistic price than we'd get from a tribunal hearing
Old 25-05-2010, 08:41   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i agree cashy but with todays market and the fact that hes out of contract £250k is more of a realistic price than we'd get from a tribunal hearing
yeh but if ya don't ask ya dont get, tribunals aint the greatest places, chance of what they settle on being higher, if ya want a bit more surely?
Old 25-05-2010, 08:44   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get as much as 250K.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 08:48   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get as much as 250K.
me to from a tribunal, thats why i think they should have said more.
Old 25-05-2010, 08:53   #45
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh but if ya don't ask ya dont get, tribunals aint the greatest places, chance of what they settle on being higher, if ya want a bit more surely?
I would have thought £350k+ minimum!! But if stanley only rate Bobby at £200k as reported in the Telegraph, then £250k is most we could hope for unless other clubs step in and start a bidding war which would pump the fee up IMHO

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..